Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:40:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Possible "Surprise"?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Possible "Surprise"?  (Read 32908 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #180 on: April 21, 2006, 06:54:52 PM »

Who really cares what the name is? What does it matter anyway? It's all marketing trick, if it was Axl and the same exact lineup going out and touring under a different name and playing the exact same music they are now, it wouldn't make the same money, so they call it Guns n Roses and sell out everywhere they go... it's just the commercialization of a brand name... if Velvet Revolver had called themselves Guns n Roses and put out the exact same album they would've sold 3 times as many albums. It has nothing to do with anything except a poster to put on your wall or a t-shirt to wear.

I do agree with a good deal of it ,I mean it is much more profitable and easier to headline if axl calls it gnr rather then billy bailey and some dudes.. It's much cooler to say I'm going to see gnr then seeing axl even if it is one in the same today..

I look at seeing new gnr as seeing vr, I am seeing guys from guns n roses, some without the name, some with it... I am just excited to hear axl sing my favorites and maybe hear somew new tunes in a personal setting

gnr in teh public eye will always be axl n slash... It's tyler perry jagger richard page plant thing
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #181 on: April 21, 2006, 06:59:03 PM »

bottom when people ask me what concert am i going to see in may, i say im going to see guns n roses, nothing more it for me

I say I am seeing axl rose and his new guys... I usually get asked if it's gnr they knew or axl's band.... I told one person I was going they asked me if it they had gotten back together...

it?s simply the truth, face it people, i have posted this in other threads, this just isn?t GN?R,? is axl?s proyect, he didn?t have to keep the name to succeed, he would have done it without the name, i think he should have called it something else.

as simple as that, wether we like it or not........ anyway we would still follow axl, am i wrong??

right on, bro. funny how some people seem to get offended at this simple fact! we all still dig axl, regardless!

and if slash came back i still wouldn't feel it was GNR (but it would be an enormous leap in the right direction). Need at least Duff also to start feeling it...

so true, it would be a giant leap, but still not gnr..

I understand the kids who say this is gnr, it would be like getting into van halen after dlr left, would you care about dlr as much, it's who you grow up with..

I still support the new band but it's not gnr to me..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #182 on: April 21, 2006, 07:05:16 PM »

bottom when people ask me what concert am i going to see in may, i say im going to see guns n roses, nothing more it for me

I say I am seeing axl rose and his new guys... I usually get asked if it's gnr they knew or axl's band.... I told one person I was going they asked me if it they had gotten back together...

so for you then, this isnt guns n roses, you see it as an Axl project with a band?

why would i think this is guns n roses, by many claims axl can find anyone and as long as he uses the name it'll be guns n roses... Even people not still into gnr know this is not gnr.. I just support axl, but I'm not going to see gnr.. These guys could pass me in the street and I wouldn't even know it..
Takemedown
Headliner

Livin' Life Full Throttle

« Reply #183 on: April 21, 2006, 07:08:06 PM »

so for you then, this isnt guns n roses, you see it as an Axl project with a band?

why would i think this is guns n roses, by many claims axl can find anyone and as long as he uses the name it'll be guns n roses... Even people not still into gnr know this is not gnr.. I just support axl, but I'm not going to see gnr.. These guys could pass me in the street and I wouldn't even know it..

beer beer beer
believeume
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #184 on: April 21, 2006, 07:30:40 PM »

I understand the kids who say this is gnr, it would be like getting into van halen after dlr left, would you care about dlr as much, it's who you grow up with..

I still support the new band but it's not gnr to me..

It's not nearly the same thing, no one grew up on this music, there's no album... the majority of the filesharing has been rather recent and they only really had one tour... I agree with your other points, but how can anyone even "care" about this band besides Axl aside from their solo projects? And even that is debatable since there was a thread somewhere on here with a picture of Tommy Stinson and the Replacements and no one even knew who they were (ya know, only one of the best bands ever)
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #185 on: April 21, 2006, 07:53:24 PM »

best possible surprise is axl sporting a new tat on left buttock saying " we love you jarmo" Grin Grin Grin Grin rofl rofl hihi

Nothing to say
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #186 on: April 22, 2006, 09:37:09 AM »

the best surprise would be not to see axl in those long jearseys and those hateful pants, with thse big shoes, awful, maybe moredecntly dressed  hihi, i mean he had that fashion he should try something new.

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: