Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:43:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Linkin Park
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Linkin Park  (Read 36905 times)
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2004, 04:51:50 PM »

John Lennon sucks he is one of the most over rated musician of all time.

That just says everything about you tastes in music.I'm ashamed we both love the same band (GNR)

Linkin Park represent the opposite of a great rock band,in every aspect,music,lirycs,look,etc.

same to you Tongue

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2004, 04:58:24 PM »

Linkin Park is a boring band that has found a formula on how to write hits for their teenage fans.

Just because you scream the choruses, doesn't make it "emotional".  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2004, 05:07:21 PM »

Just because you scream the choruses, doesn't make it "emotional".? Tongue

That's what annoys me the most about them, that whole teeny angst aspect.. but then again I'm not the target audience, so what the hell. Still annoys me, though.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2004, 05:07:34 PM »

Just because you scream the choruses, doesn't make it "emotional".  Tongue

/jarmo

I can agree with that ,but in my opinion they have a lot of emotion. and didn't nirvana scream through most of their choruses?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 05:18:00 PM by timothy » Logged

RichardNixon
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2004, 05:17:56 PM »

Linkin Park is a boring band that has found a formula on how to write hits for their teenage fans.

Just because you scream the choruses, doesn't make it "emotional".? Tongue

/jarmo

Jarmo has spokenith
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2004, 05:33:24 PM »

the first track on meteora i cant think of the title but it is amazing!  breaking the habit is me, runaway off the first cd also.

im not sayin im a huge linkin park fan but i do dig their music and i dont think they should be shit on and lumped into crap nu metal bands, i think they are the best new band that have came out in the last 5 years or so

how can u not like "somewhere i belong" come on guys!

and i agree with timothy

i was riding with my friend and his mom when i was in high school and she put on a john lennon tape. its the tape with "imagine" on it, and quite honestly after "imagine" i was listening like what the fuck is this shit?

i like music that i like and relate too, i dont care what i am SUPPOSE to think is classic and awesome, i dont care what the media and music experts try to tell me is the greatest, facts remain ill listen to linkin park over john lennon any ole day of the week, just like ill listen to bon jovi over rolling stones,led zepplin,the beatles

im not sayin bon jovi are better but i just prefer it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2004, 05:47:25 PM »

I agree with D Linkin Park?s songs just have more meaning to my. I can relate to them more on a day to day bases, but if some people don?t like it that?s their right.

peace beer

Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2004, 10:08:15 PM »

So, basically what you're saying is all their songs follow basically the same blueprint.? Well, gee, I hate to break it to you, Jarmo, but so did Chuck Berry, AC/DC, the Ramones, and Motorhead.? All those bands had a formula for writing songs, but they were still good songs, right?

i was riding with my friend and his mom when i was in high school and she put on a john lennon tape. its the tape with "imagine" on it, and quite honestly after "imagine" i was listening like what the fuck is this shit?

Oh, you know, just one of the greatest anthems ever.? What's so funny 'bout peace, love, and understanding?

i like music that i like and relate too, i dont care what i am SUPPOSE to think is classic and awesome, i dont care what the media and music experts try to tell me is the greatest, facts remain ill listen to linkin park over john lennon any ole day of the week, just like ill listen to bon jovi over rolling stones,led zepplin,the beatles

Got a minute?? Good.? I want you to go to Kazaa or a CD store or wherever you get your music, and listen to John Lennon's song "Love".? Then come back and tell me he's an overrated musician.
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2004, 03:19:44 AM »

So, basically what you're saying is all their songs follow basically the same blueprint.? Well, gee, I hate to break it to you, Jarmo, but so did Chuck Berry, AC/DC, the Ramones, and Motorhead.? All those bands had a formula for writing songs, but they were still good songs, right?

I guess LP have shittier formula than those others because those others sounds good and LP sounds pooring..but I guess I don't have anymore that famous teeny angst..damn where I could find one..I want to like LP again..I really do!! Sad
« Last Edit: August 28, 2004, 03:24:21 AM by John Daniels » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2004, 08:49:21 AM »

You're comparing a pop nu-metal band to some legends. Why?

Linkin Park is like a nu-metal version of Roxette. That guy also knows how to write stuff that many people will like.

Some people like it, some of us don't.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2004, 09:11:19 AM »

Linkin Park is like a nu-metal version of Roxette.

/jarmo

well that was a new one  Grin giving a more thought for it, back in the late eighties Roxette was kind of a new style..for examble the song 'the look'  ..those were the days..
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2004, 03:32:12 AM »

You're comparing a pop nu-metal band to some legends. Why?

To prove a point.  People were saying all their songs sound the same, and I was just trying to say that that doesn't mean their songs can't be good, by comparing them with other bands that became famous with similar-sounding songs.  Linkin Park will probably never be as big as any of those bands, but they follow similar methods for songwriting, namely: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2004, 02:59:46 PM »

I really like Linkin Park - they are the best band out their by some distance, i think they are the victim of 'band wagon jumping' now its cool not to like them Roll Eyes

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2004, 03:13:00 PM »

I really like Linkin Park - they are the best band out their by some distance
I know i was defending them a bit before but statement's like that make me think that nearly all the rock bands in the world must of died in a plane crash without me knowing or something.  They may be the best band MTV places by some distance but they are by no means the best band out there.  You have the re-formed Van Halen, Skid Row, Poison, Monster Magnet, Pearl Jam etc. All this bands are current in some form or another either releasing new albums and/or touring and they are all ten times the band Linkin Park are.  Fine they had a few good singles and i enjoyed them live when drunk but if they really are the best out there then we've got real problems nervous
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2004, 03:31:24 PM »

I know i was defending them a bit before but statement's like that make me think that nearly all the rock bands in the world must of died in a plane crash without me knowing or something.? They may be the best band MTV places by some distance but they are by no means the best band out there.? You have the re-formed Van Halen, Skid Row, Poison, Monster Magnet, Pearl Jam etc. All this bands are current in some form or another either releasing new albums and/or touring and they are all ten times the band Linkin Park are.? Fine they had a few good singles and i enjoyed them live when drunk but if they really are the best out there then we've got real problems nervous

Yes..and all those bands are churning out albums of unbelievable quality Undecided Fair enough MM have done some good stuff and Pearl Jam where once unbelievable but i'd take Linkin Park over the lot of em. All the bands u mention (apart from MM) are sustained by past success - bit like GNR hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2004, 03:43:14 PM »

I know i was defending them a bit before but statement's like that make me think that nearly all the rock bands in the world must of died in a plane crash without me knowing or something.? They may be the best band MTV places by some distance but they are by no means the best band out there.? You have the re-formed Van Halen, Skid Row, Poison, Monster Magnet, Pearl Jam etc. All this bands are current in some form or another either releasing new albums and/or touring and they are all ten times the band Linkin Park are.? Fine they had a few good singles and i enjoyed them live when drunk but if they really are the best out there then we've got real problems nervous

Yes..and all those bands are churning out albums of unbelievable quality Undecided Fair enough MM have done some good stuff and Pearl Jam where once unbelievable but i'd take Linkin Park over the lot of em. All the bands u mention (apart from MM) are sustained by past success - bit like GNR hihi
They may all be sustained by past success but all their recent stuff tops anything Linkin Park have ever done.  Pearl Jam are just as good as they were Riot Act and their Lost Dogs albums were both class.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2004, 08:32:02 PM »

i think they are the victim of 'band wagon jumping' now its cool not to like them Roll Eyes

That just sounds like an excuse, there are many good reasons why people don't like them: they're manufactured, childish and embarrassing.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2004, 11:47:15 PM »

They may all be sustained by past success but all their recent stuff tops anything Linkin Park have ever done.? Pearl Jam are just as good as they were Riot Act and their Lost Dogs albums were both class.

Okay, so you'll admit Linkin Park has a few good songs.  But I don't know if you can say they are surpassed by Poison's Hollyweird album, Van Halen's weak new songs ("It's About Time" is nowhere near as good as I'd hoped), Skid Row-without-Sebastian-Bach.  Those bands were all far, FAR superior to Linkin Park back in the day.  But their newer stuff is generally less-than-stellar.  Pearl Jam and Monster Magnet aren't bad these days, but PJ is really now more of a cult band with a few interesting little tunes than rock icons with generational anthems.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2004, 03:07:25 AM »

They may all be sustained by past success but all their recent stuff tops anything Linkin Park have ever done.? Pearl Jam are just as good as they were Riot Act and their Lost Dogs albums were both class.

Okay, so you'll admit Linkin Park has a few good songs.? But I don't know if you can say they are surpassed by Poison's Hollyweird album, Van Halen's weak new songs ("It's About Time" is nowhere near as good as I'd hoped), Skid Row-without-Sebastian-Bach.? Those bands were all far, FAR superior to Linkin Park back in the day.? But their newer stuff is generally less-than-stellar.? Pearl Jam and Monster Magnet aren't bad these days, but PJ is really now more of a cult band with a few interesting little tunes than rock icons with generational anthems.
Firstly yes i will admit they have a few good songs i am not going to condem them just for the sake of it i am just being honest.  The bands i mention i feel all surpass Linkin Park.  They are nowhere near as big but hell they all still put out good music.  I also feel they've all stuck to their guns and have not compromised themselves to keep themselves current e.g. MetallicaPearl Jam you say are more of a cult band but musically they are not that different from how they used to be if really any different at all.  Though because of all that ticketmaster shit and maybe a dislike for the limelight they don't have the same promotion and will never be as big from a commercial stand point.  I believe though that they realise true fans don't need to hear their songs on MTV everyday, fans that like their music will go and find it, fans that just liked them because MTV bummed them probably won't but i can't see them missing those fans.  Monster Magnet stand by their influences such as Hawkwind, Black Sabbath, MC5, Iggy & The Stooges etc. and will not  say how great bands like Slipknot are because they realise they suck unfortunately the likes of Metallica seem to have done that in an attempt to remain popular.  I mean Metallica's albums these days sell on the fact of who they are and that MTV still give them tons of airplay it certainly ain't the quality of music.  Poison, Skid Row & Van Halen would be just as successful today if their new music got the airplay Metallica got since many fans just buy what is shoved in their face.  Fact is you are gonna stick by what you believe and everyone knows music is down to personal choice there is no way of proving who is better or who is worse.  You can't do it on record sales if you did then Britney Spears would be seen as one of the greatest ever....well maybe she will be but it doesn't mean she is.  You'll notice before i tried to give Linkin Park credit, i do respect them i believe they are talented to say they aren't i think is just plain ignorant.  I though am not to keen on them either and am amazed when people can say they are the best band out there today by some distance.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2004, 01:11:36 AM »

They suck. Awful, awful band. Just thought I'd say so.

Bit fuckin stupid to start a whole thread on how much u hate a band Roll Eyes

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: