Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:57:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The GH story, the IRS connection, the possible future..
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The GH story, the IRS connection, the possible future..  (Read 49311 times)
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #180 on: February 20, 2006, 03:17:21 AM »

CREATE A NEW THREAD FOR THIS KINDA CRAP!

I actually thought this was something recent. A notice to everyone reading.. this thread started in 2004.

=/.

-jack

gnrevolution.com
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #181 on: February 20, 2006, 03:31:11 AM »

ummm did you not read the part about "GH is coming out"?  Things like that (along with looking at the date of the post) are usually a dead giveaway.  I for one DESPISE new threads when they are not needed.  They are annoying as hell. 

It was cool to read that original post again.  I had forgotten about it.  God I cant believe it was that long ago....
Midnight Gunner
Banned
Rocker

Ain't it fun?

« Reply #182 on: February 20, 2006, 03:47:09 AM »

ummm did you not read the part about "GH is coming out"?? Things like that (along with looking at the date of the post) are usually a dead giveaway.? I for one DESPISE new threads when they are not needed.? They are annoying as hell.?

It was cool to read that original post again.? I had forgotten about it.? God I cant believe it was that long ago....

Thank you for saving me the time and the anger...people sometimes, I tell ya.
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #183 on: February 20, 2006, 04:06:33 AM »

Axl in 2003 at MTV VA: "Soon not is the word!"...
Axl in 2006: "People will hear music this year!"...

This is something that i prefer to call a fact. When Axl speaks i believe him. All rest is just a rumors.

About leaks - every band have leaks before releasing the new album - I`m mean EVERY!!! This is just part of the game called MUSIC INDUSTRY. Stop bullshiting here...
shaun
« Reply #184 on: February 20, 2006, 04:11:23 AM »

Let me preface this by saying dont take anything in this post to be the gospel.  Its nothing more than a retelling of information I've provided previously along with new information that was shared with me by a friend (I'm not using the word 'source' anymore - the guy's a PD of a rock station in Florida - the guy is a friend of mine - and the guy is alot more 'connected' than I'd ever be.)

Feel free to flame / bash when I'm done with this - I'd expect nothing less from the sometimes vitrolic HTGTH crowd Smiley

Alright, months ago, when IRS was leaked - I made some calls / sent some emails at the moment I heard about it.  My primary goal was obviously to score a copy of the track, not necessarily to garner anything approaching information. 

What I found out at the time I posted a bit about - that IRS was leaked as the beginning of a 'twisting the thumbscrews' on Axl & the gang by 'certain entities' in Interscope / Universal to kind of 'prod along' a CD release.  I got a lot more info on this at the time - but the most interesting thing was that there was more coming.  I was told 'the money people are irked - and when the money people get pissed, heads roll'

Bascially, when IRS showed up on Trunk's show - Sanctuary scrambled - they are the ones who pushed to get the off-the-air tapes locked in safes and kept out of the hands of others.  SUPPOSEDLY, some sort of agreement was struck between Sanctuary & Interscope (and, presumably, GNR) when the leak occured (well, when knowledge of it appeared) and that agreement is what led to the rapid disappearance of IRS from the auditory radar.

Fast foward to shortly before november - we get the info about the DVDs - we get the info about GH - and we hear that GNR is none too happy about either of them.  We get to the point that ads are run (or at least submitted for print) and cover art is generated for this disc.  Then, it all disappears - like, without a trace.  I posted at the time about a supposed agreement between GNR & Interscope to 'stop' the wheels turning on GH and allow the band 'X' amount of time to release (or hand over for release) CD.  Sensing a pattern here?

The time frames set forth in this agreement were, according to my friend (talk all the smack about the guy you want - but he knows people I only *wish* I knew) 'announce a release date by end of March, release by end of May'.  So here comes late January - and all of a sudden, it seems like things are happening.  Pilferk & I both hear, from different sources, that 'actions are iminent' - the assumption I think we both made was "wow, looks like we're gonna get a release date or a single or something".  I was told, specifically, "look for the date on GH to be pushed back - or to disappear alltogether.. if it does, then REAL NEWS is iminent".  Hell, even Mysteron sort of confirmed the stuff Pilferk and I had posted in that one thread saying something along the lines of "expect official news in the next several weeks" (and yes, I know I'm paraphrasing here.. and I aplogize if I've misquoted Mysteron)

I figured ok, Mysteron's info is probably a bit more solid than my own - or Pilferk's - but it still jives, in general.. "info coming soon". 

Then, according to an email I received last night, "all hell has truly broken loose"  I can't tell you everything the guy said to me - hell, most of it doesnt relate to any of this - but here's the jist.. from, again, what's being heard from people 'in the know' (and it could still very well be wrong.. hence the problem with third-party information)

GH is coming out (a big 'duh' on that one)
GNR have yet to turn over a 'final mix' of CD to Interscope.
RIO IV's lack of official confirmation is a big problem - looks to be some sort of money issue.. I dont know the details on it.
If Axl attempts to sue to stop GH's release from occuring, then details of the 'gentlemen's agreement' made between the band and the label will be made public.  basically, it'll turn into a big old mud slinging fest.
It is the opinion of some higher-ups at Universal that GH is a more 'marketable' product than CD.  This is mostly the 'Rock = a 1/2 dead genre' type of folks.. but they're still money people.
Once GH 'streets', expect 2-3 more leaks of IRS caliber.  probably to file sharing networks as opposed to 3 AM on some radio show on a Holiday.  This point is big - its the 3rd time I've heard (from two different people now) in the last 8 months that there is a huge desire to 'punish' Axl for all of these delays.  IRS was step one in that punishment.  GH is step two.  leaks are step three.  step four is 'cut our losses and just drop this failed project'

For the record, I hope that none of the above is true.  I would love nothing more than for a CD release date to be announced tomorrow - and this time, for some actual new material as opposed to some ugly GH disc.

Feel free to bash, flame, respond, post, inquire, or just discuss - I'm sure that I have maybe 10% of the story on this.  Unfortunately, right now, all signs are pointing to 'sinking ship' by my perception - I'd love to be wrong.. and I pray that I am.  because if Interscope drops GNR -we are ALL fucked - as in, we dont hear these tracks anytime short of ever, pretty much.

Oh well - the saga that is GNR continues... sigh.

-darknemus

Then what about these threads:  Roll Eyes

News from wes' friend:
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=25868.0

It's official - Management didn't leak the tracks:
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=25792.0

echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #185 on: February 20, 2006, 04:15:01 AM »

Actually, resurrecting this thread makes a ton of sense.  Why make a new one when continuing this one highlights the entire point people are trying to discuss, namely Dark's post from 2 years ago?

Those predictions from Dark two years ago look very interesting in light of recent developments ... any thoughts now regarding this post Dark?

CREATE A NEW THREAD FOR THIS KINDA CRAP!

I actually thought this was something recent. A notice to everyone reading.. this thread started in 2004.

=/.

-jack

READ THE DATE! DUHHHHHHHH!

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #186 on: February 20, 2006, 06:12:40 AM »

Please don't resurrect 2-year-old threads. It's pointless.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: