Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:08:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sept. 21st, 2006 San Francisco
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sept. 21st, 2006 San Francisco  (Read 54240 times)
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2006, 01:02:05 AM »

If the setlists is the same as last night wouldn't a update be piontless ?This....imo is what happens next , the great feeling of Seeing axl live will die off.Because his set is predictable ?

This is why I usually just scroll through the next day to see if something exciting happened.  Except I am in here now and have no idea why I clicked this thread!   hihi

Yeah, I'm hoping Axl becomes a bit more unpredictable during this tour. It seems too calculated. Back in the UYI days they'd really play something different every time - I think they should start doing that again. Take audience requests or something.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2006, 01:02:22 AM »

Better not bring up the set list buddy. Cause if you do, you are not a "true fan" rofl Not only that I was flamed for saying that these shows had weak set-lists considering there were die-hards who paid up to $150 per ticket. I can understand not busting out Coma in front of 40,000 at Inland Invasion, but to not do it in front of 1,500 of your most hardcore fans??

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2006, 01:03:59 AM »

Yeah I don't think we will ever hear Coma live again.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2006, 01:05:42 AM »

Ok, COMA is a bad example. I would love to hear the reasons why nothing different is played in front of the hardest of the hardcore fans. You show me a casual Gn'R fan who is gonna drop a deuce to see them?

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2006, 01:06:40 AM »

I hate to say this but I honestly don't think Axl could pull it off physically, he could barely do it back in the UYI days, I mean that's a ROUGH song to do live. Maybe I'm wrong but I think he'd have a hard time doing a ten-minute epic these days, I'm not saying he doesn't have a strong voice, I'm just saying physically he wouldn't be able to sustain himself for it - but then again he did surprise with '06 vocals so who knows?
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2006, 01:06:48 AM »

And that just sucks because it is such a great song. no

But I agree the setlist needs a refresher. ?I have seen 4 shows of this tour now and while I loved every one of them I would love a few more UYI songs and obviously some new songs when they are fit to play. ?Flame me if you must but the setlist is getting dusty.
flickn
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2006, 01:09:32 AM »

UNcle Axl has some of the greatest talent i have heard of in years on stage with him .Now I am not bitching, don't take me wrong, nor am I taking guns n roses for granted by having the luxury of being a member on this board ...but cmonnnn Uncle axl .....
chinese69illusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2006, 02:05:24 AM »

So do we have anyone feeding us info for this show or are we S.O.L. until the show is over?

?You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.?
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2006, 02:05:59 AM »

I guess we'll have to wait for the first reviews... the show should start really soon. It started at 11:09pm yesterday (local time).

chinese69illusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2006, 02:09:38 AM »

I wonder though why there are no updates ? usually there updates out the ass and with this show nothing.

?You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.?
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2006, 02:20:32 AM »

For the past 3 shows there was only one person giving updates. These are very small venues, like 1400 persons... let's wait till the first reviews Smiley

mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2006, 02:22:54 AM »

I guess were shit out of luck tonight, we'll have to wait for the reviews

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2006, 04:22:34 AM »

my guess is the show should be ending about now so hopefully someone comes back with a review in the next hour or so.  beer
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2006, 04:27:06 AM »

i hope

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2006, 06:17:56 AM »

Guns hit the stage around 11:30pm tonight.
Used to Love Her AND Rocket Queen
Axl kicked out a guy for throwing something
Stopped mid-song to kick somebody out for fighting. can't remember the song! Sweet Child?
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2006, 06:30:43 AM »

just got back from the show and i think i might be high due to all the weed in the theater but heres what I remember...

We waited in line for the doors to open till 8:00pm (they were supposed to open at 7pm). While waiting in line some black ppl would quitly say "i got grapes" meaning i got marijuana to sell to ppl there,i was laughing my ass off. There was a strip club next door to the theater too but i didnt see shit. We went in at 8pm and my seat was at the center upper lodge right behind the sound mixer and i was able to see what songs would come up next , it was so cool to see the guy mixing everything (i wanted to punch him for rock in rio though hehe). The show didn't start until 10pm from what i can remember with bach opening , now i never liked bachs singing but goddamn he was incredible. hes got ?a lot of energy swinging his mic and shit . One thing i noticed too is that since i was on the top lodge i was able to see the back of the stage to where the managment would be and the ppl helping would tune guitars, etc. Bach's guitarist had his guitar handed to him by some asian guy and while putting it on the strap broke so the asian guy nervously tried to put it back together before the song would start (i dont know the names of the songs) and then out of nowhere comes out Ian Scott , dude was fuckign awesome he played the last song, a dope rocker song youth something. Then 40 minutes later guns started.

i dont know what intro guns are playing but it sounds so fucking dope on stage , really loud reminds me of the jaws theme. then finck comes out wearing a cool lookin hat , shades and red socks and begins the wttj ?intro in front of some ppl. then the lights go on and u see axl coming out . this is my first guns concert ever and i got so many goddamn bootlegs and they dont do no justice ,even rock am rin dvd doesnt do justice. Guns equipment sounds so fucking clean its unbelieavble. right before the singing of jungle starts some fucking asshole throws a beer cup on the stage and axl looks really pissed but he starts singing. one thing that was really cool is that the warfield is not big neither is the stage but goddamn axl can move like a fucking snake , like i said i was seating on the upper lodge and everyone got up from their seats and i thought the buidling was going to collapse but i didnt give a fuck. then its so easy started and now i cant remember if it was before brownstone or after but axl got pissed at some ppl and got them kicked out , i dont know why but it happened twice. then i guess the same setlist from yesterday was played.

one of the highlights for me was sitting behind the sound mixer because the funniest thing happened, when Out ta get me started the sound guy (he must be on his early 50's) had some hot girls get inside his little boot  and he was talking to them and shit but they just wanted to see the show better and i guess he forgot to select out ta get me's setting or something and the song started messed up for a quick sec but he fixed it right away but axl noticed this and flipped him off while singing.

axl had some problems with his little earphone shit but i dont know why he needs that shit he sounded so fucking good. this band displaiyed a lot of energly and chemistry on this show, maybe because its a small place kinda reminded me of the ritz. axl sounded top notch bootlegs dont do no justice. ppl were dancing to Better which sounded awesome and fincks solo is not new is the same hes been playing but with a lot of delay. thats all. I enjoyed the fuck out of this show, like i said it sounded too good , everythiung went perfect excpet for when dude fucked up on out ta get me.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 06:43:04 AM by saint seiya » Logged
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2006, 06:33:28 AM »

oh yeah and i saw beta and merck. Merck looked like a creepy priest. sorry dude.
DaNutz
Headliner

Seriously fuck off

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2006, 06:34:48 AM »

Nice review Saint....Heres todays from the SF Chronicle:

Peter Hartlaub, Chronicle Pop Culture Critic

Friday, September 22, 2006

When you're waiting outside a Guns N' Roses show at the Warfield in San Francisco, with the band still working the sound check an hour after the show was supposed to start and a line around the block so long that the back nearly touches the front, the imagination naturally wanders to how things might go wrong.

Our doomsday scenario: Axl Rose comes out at 2 a.m., plays two and a half songs, throws the mike stand at the sound man and storms off stage -- sparking a riot that leaves the 900 block of Market Street a crater of smoldering rubble.

In reality, something even stranger happened: The band appeared an almost-reasonable two hours late; played a tight two-hour, 15-minute set that sounded a lot like early Guns N' Roses; and Rose made a convincing case that he's finally in a good place.

"Tommy told me people are getting a little smashed in the front," a concerned Rose said early in the show, without a hint of a snarl for the security guards up front. "Everyone want to take a little half-step back so people can breathe?"

Rose's nearly-a-decade-in-the-making "Chinese Democracy" album may never come out, surpassing Spinal Tap's "Smell the Glove" as the ultimate rock band punch line. (Guns N' Roses hasn't released a studio album since 1993, a couple of years before the last of the original musicians left the band.) But for now, at least, Guns N' Roses II appears to have exorcised the demons that made Rose one of the most notoriously surly touring artists in history.

Wednesday night's sold-out show was the first of two at the Warfield -- part of a four-night smaller-venue warm-up before the band begins its first U.S. trek since 2002, when riots related to the band's inability to take the stage on time led promoters to scuttle the tour.

If the buyer's market outside the Warfield was any indication, confidence isn't high that this tour will turn out any better, and there could be plenty of empty seats inside the bigger arenas this time around. If you were a good enough negotiator, you probably could secure an upper-level balcony seat for a pack of cigarettes and half a cheese sandwich.

But those discounted scalped tickets turned out to be a decent bargain -- and not just for the kitsch value. After a spirited hourlong set by Sebastian Bach that had us at "I Remember You," Rose bounded out at 11:12 p.m. to the first notes of "Welcome to the Jungle." His conservative black jacket, gray T-shirt, jeans and red boots were typical of his four changes in dress. If it weren't for his shirt unbuttoned to the navel for half the show, he could have been going for a job interview at the Gap.

The band looks nothing like the original lineup -- only keyboardist Dizzy Reed has been held over from the 1991 "Use Your Illusion I & II" days, and no musician is left from "Appetite for Destruction" -- but it played accurate renditions of all the hits, with three guitarists, including former Nine Inch Nail Robin Finck and former Psychedelic Fur Richard Fortus, sharing the leads. Ex-Replacement Tommy Stinson is back on bass, and Primus drummer and Cupertino native Brain fill out the rhythm section, somehow avoiding getting seared by the mushroom clouds of pyrotechnics in the back of the stage. (Haven't these guys heard of Great White?)

But the new lineup sounded surprisingly tight as it barreled through 18 songs, plus four extended solos showcasing Reed and the guitarists -- including an apparently irony-free instrumental rendition of Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful" by Finck and Fortus. The set was heavy on songs from "Appetite," the band's first studio album. Four so-so songs from the alleged new album sounded like they could be outtakes from "Use Your Illusion III."

The 44-year-old Rose isn't quite as spry as he used to be, but he's back to his fighting weight, and his signature snake move is starting to look cobra-like again. (For a while, he was looking more like a python that just swallowed an antelope.)

His voice gets mixed reviews. The singer didn't miss many notes, and at times showed the range that he had in his prime, especially when he traded lines with Bach on the "Appetite" gem "My Michelle" -- easily the highlight of the evening.

But whether it was fatigue or poor sound mixing or both, his voice completely faded out at times. Rose also had the bizarre habit of sprinting backstage during almost every extended guitar solo -- as if he had a tuna casserole he needed to check in the tour bus oven.

A few incidents might have even deserved a swift and angry response, including a water bottle thrown on stage and a blast of feedback during the first of the new tunes. Rose seemed to let it pass, singing a few more crowd-pleasers and making nice with the audience, up until the confetti-filled encore.

"Please take care getting home!"
melissa
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2006, 06:38:24 AM »

thanks for the reviews!
keep them coming...
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2006, 06:40:24 AM »

another thing i remember is finck handing out water bottles to the crowd . and like i said before a lot of weed in the theater. i am definatly coming off of it and i didnt even take a hit off a joint. kinda sucks becuase i saw a lot of young kids there though
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: