Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:26:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  8 Weeks to Go
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 8 Weeks to Go  (Read 55346 times)
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: January 09, 2007, 07:04:11 PM »

Ok, we have 8 weeks until March 6th.  That is the exact timeframe in which Axl himself said that the album needed to be turned over to the record company for proper promotion.  How many people here think that GNR wrapped up all their loose ends and submitted the albnum by today at some point?  I think with the holidays, the answers got to be "unlikely".  I just hope they let us know asap if the album will be delayed.
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 07:09:35 PM »

Ok, we have 8 weeks until March 6th.? That is the exact timeframe in which Axl himself said that the album needed to be turned over to the record company for proper promotion.? How many people here think that GNR wrapped up all their loose ends and submitted the albnum by today at some point?? I think with the holidays, the answers got to be "unlikely".? I just hope they let us know asap if the album will be delayed.

8 weeks give or take, it doesn't necessarily have to be today they hand the album in.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 07:10:59 PM »

they will man dont worry in the mean time have beer beer or a cig ?smoking

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
creepingvines
Headliner

exploding whispers...

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 07:11:49 PM »

march 6 is a tentative date.  that means its not for sure supposed to come out then.  it doesn't really matter if it was submitted today imo, because we know the ball is rolling and the album will be out soon one way or another.  besides, he said he would let us know as soon as possible if there are any more delays.  i'm cool with all that.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 07:12:07 PM »

We're most likely already looking at a later date than the 6th.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 07:14:54 PM »

I wouldn't doubt if it's a week or 2 later than the first date we've been given.  But I can handle that.  Atleast we know for sure it's just around the corner this time.  beer
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 07:21:38 PM »

I think that "tentative release date" is the key words here, so if we are looking at a later date...let's just hope its not too much later. ok

« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 07:23:56 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 07:25:05 PM »

I think that "tentative release date" is the key words here, so if we are looking at a later date...let's just hope its not too much later. ok

You're right - "tentative" is the word.  I'm as hopeful as the next fan, but the last thing I want to see are "'x' weeks/days left" threads popping up constantly between now and March.  The waiting itself is hard enough, you know?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 07:35:26 PM »

I wouldn't doubt if it's a week or 2 later than the first date we've been given.? But I can handle that.? Atleast we know for sure it's just around the corner this time.? beer

we know nothing for sure Undecided we dont even know if the album is finished Undecided i hope it is...but until we get some official word we cant assume anything. to do so would just set us up for disappointment again. Sad

i think the 8 weeks is so that they can get all the pressing printing, ordering and shipping sorted out....not sure though.

You're right - "tentative" is the word. I'm as hopeful as the next fan, but the last thing I want to see are "'x' weeks/days left" threads popping up constantly between now and March. The waiting itself is hard enough, you know?

we've waited this long what is another few months....now more than ever we just gotta have patience

Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 08:00:01 PM »

I guess my point was that we should start to hear things now if its on schedule.  They have stated they want the proper promotion.  That means a single about 4-6 weeks before the album debuts.  That's possibly 2 weeks from now!
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 08:11:37 PM »

Sometime in March is my hope. yes
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 08:18:03 PM »

If they get it done this week/early next week, they'd probably? be OK, but I think any release in March or April is fine anyway. Come on. It's this close, what's a little longer. At least we know they're wrapping it up. If this drags on to May, though, I'm really gonna get worried. Shades of 2003.

downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 08:21:31 PM »

This is why Axl's letter doesn't make complete sense if you were take him literally as he has explained matters.

In his 'open' letter, Axl outlines how the final four remaining shows are to be canceled for the sake of Chinese Democracy.  He then says that it takes 8 weeks for an album to be given a proper launch.  But if you look at when the last concert was to be played, it's Jan. 16th, a full week after the needed date to hand in the album for it to be out for March 6th.  Why would they cancel the remaining four shows if most of the loose ends were going to be done by Jan 9th?  Of course, this is all under the assumption that it takes a full eight weeks from album submission to retail sale. 

My gut feeling is that the March 6th date was something given by the band to appease the fans.  The album was suppose to come out in 2006.  Unable to deliver, Axl gave the next best thing: a tentative release date.  I'm thinking that come late feb or early march, we'll get an annoucement from the band and record label for a concrete date; one that is much farther away from March 6th.  My guess is late April to early June.  If you can't deliver what's promised, the obvious course of action is to give the next best thing.  We will all get to our destination, but not when the ticket says so.

Again, all of this is assumption and guess work on my part from an uninformed fan just spewing his thoughts.  I have no doubts in Axl's ability to create some amazing music and perform like no other, but after 10 years of this, the pattern becomes a little more apparent.

Cheers,

Andrew
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 08:23:12 PM by downzy56 » Logged

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 08:26:25 PM »

i think the tour dates were cancelled to finish the album like axl said

because if there in the studio going over final mixes and taking care of artwork and promotional things like we think they are there  would be no time to practice foer the gigs

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2007, 08:29:21 PM »

This is why Axl's letter doesn't make complete sense if you were take him literally as he has explained matters.

In his 'open' letter, Axl outlines how the final four remaining shows are to be canceled for the sake of Chinese Democracy.? He then says that it takes 8 weeks for an album to be given a proper launch.? But if you look at when the last concert was to be played, it's Jan. 16th, a full week after the needed date to hand in the album for it to be out for March 6th.? Why would they cancel the remaining four shows if most of the loose ends were going to be done by Jan 9th?? Of course, this is all under the assumption that it takes a full eight weeks from album submission to retail sale.?

My gut feeling is that the March 6th date was something given by the band to appease the fans.? The album was suppose to come out in 2006.? Unable to deliver, Axl gave the next best thing: a tentative release date.? I'm thinking that come late feb or early march, we'll get an annoucement from the band and record label for a concrete date; one that is much farther away from March 6th.? My guess is late April to early June.? If you can't deliver what's promised, the obvious course of action is to give the next best thing.? We will all get to our destination, but not when the ticket says so.

Again, all of this is assumption and guess work on my part from an uninformed fan just spewing his thoughts.? I have no doubts in Axl's ability to create some amazing music and perform like no other, but after 10 years of this, the pattern becomes a little more apparent.

Cheers,

Andrew

A tentative date is a tentative date. By March 6th you should expect at least the promotion to have started.

On a side note - The audio manager for HMV Canada has not heard anything new from their Universal rep. Still no album from Axl.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2007, 08:35:10 PM »

Being on tour can be rough enough.

Any artist will tell you it's not the optimal thing to be on the road and finishing your new album.

It might work for something recorded for fun, like artists sometimes do ("The Spaghetti Incident?" is one example), but I don't think this album is one of those.

With that in mind, read what Axl said:

With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album. Others have made up all the other dates for their own reasons. We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date. Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. We thank you for your patience.

As soon as they have more news, we'll know.

All this speculation about what's going on and if they're already missed the tentative date is nothing more than uninformed speculation.

Now relax.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 08:58:53 PM »

Any artist will tell you it's not the optimal thing to be on the road and finishing your new album.

It might work for something recorded for fun, like artists sometimes do ("The Spaghetti Incident?" is one example), but I don't think this album is one of those.

With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album. Others have made up all the other dates for their own reasons. We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date. Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. We thank you for your patience.

All this speculation about what's going on and if they're already missed the tentative date is nothing more than uninformed speculation.

Now relax.  ok

/jarmo

It would be cool if they acknowledged that everything is going well, maybe it would settle down the Doom N Gloomers... But it is great that they will let us know as soon as possible too.... That is the kind of acknowledgment us fans have been craving.
gnrbacik
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 09:06:04 PM »

He said its coming and we've waited this long already, so who cares?  I think Axl likes to build suspense.  So just wait because it will eventually be here.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2007, 09:12:10 PM »

The 06 of March are date attempt, not confirmed.

hbk *
 Cool

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2007, 09:13:39 PM »

Now relax.? ok

/jarmo

IDEM

hbk *
 Cool

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: