Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 01:11:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guitar Hero III feat. Welcome To The Jungle
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guitar Hero III feat. Welcome To The Jungle  (Read 52844 times)
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2007, 01:28:26 PM »

of all the new tracks that we have heard Better would be the funnest to play on Guitar Hero IMO.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2007, 01:55:40 PM »

of all the new tracks that we have heard Better would be the funnest to play on Guitar Hero IMO.

I agree.

Also, that'd be a great way to get along of young videogamers into the new material also.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2007, 02:41:56 PM »

Just spoke with a bud of mine named Dan that works at Activision/Neversoft (Activision is the publisher for GH3).  He said "No chance as of right now", and that he "Wouldn't wait for it."  I then asked him about AC/DC and he told me "just wait and see..You'll be pleased."

Doesn't indicate that there won't be any developments, as the game is due early '08, but, at least for the moment, this doesn't appear to be the case. 
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2007, 02:43:54 PM »

Just spoke with a bud of mine named Dan that works at Activision/Neversoft (Activision is the publisher for GH3).? He said "No chance as of right now", and that he "Wouldn't wait for it."? I then asked him about AC/DC and he told me "just wait and see..You'll be pleased."

Doesn't indicate that there won't be any developments, as the game is due early '08, but, at least for the moment, this doesn't appear to be the case.?

Just because he works for them, doesn't mean he knows anything... Anyway, Imo, this would be the perfect promotion for the new album. LOTs and LOTs of people play Guitar Hero.
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2007, 02:47:22 PM »

not sure where you got your info ,but Guitar Hero III will be out in October of this year!

oneway23
VIP

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2007, 03:03:15 PM »

Rock Band will be out this fall from former Guitar Hero developer Harmonix, who have gone their own way...The Guitar Hero 80's add-on is their last game under their current contract.  The new "Rock Band" game will be published by EA...He just said it GH 3 "Might slip to 'very early 08.  Nothing definitive yet."

Take it, leave it, ignore it...Whatever suits ya...Just  though I'd give you what I heard...And Hunger, "Just because he works for them doesn't mean he knows anything" is a bit ridiculous.  I know you want to believe, but if he worked for them and DIDN'T know anything, I'd be a bit concerned for his livelihood.  He's a life-long GNR fan as well..You respond as if I'm hoping he is, in fact, correct.  Hell, no one here is hoping he's mistaken as much as I am.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2007, 03:15:59 PM »

I highly doubt the game will slip past X-mas sales season. I'm not saying I buy the fact that Guns will have a new song in it, but every regular guitar hero game has come out in the fall.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2007, 03:35:14 PM »

I highly doubt the game will slip past X-mas sales season. I'm not saying I buy the fact that Guns will have a new song in it, but every regular guitar hero game has come out in the fall.

Personally, I agree w/ you...I don't think they'll miss out on "black Friday."  Not to mention the fact that Activision is feeling a great deal of internal pressure to trump the Harmonix release of "Rock Band."  There's no way they'll give a 2-3 month sales head start to the team that's marketing the game as the next evolution brought to you by the "True creators" of the Guitar Hero franchise.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2007, 04:09:55 PM »

I've never played guitar hero...but I'd love to see this happen.
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2007, 04:15:59 PM »

When did the Guitar Hero series become a phenomenon?!?

The series has announced it will release Guitar Hero III, the fifth version of the guitar jamming game, in early 2008. The soundtrack will include a wide variety of material, including tracks by Queens of the Stone Age and (possibly) new Guns 'N Roses. As of now though, the only tracks confirmed for the game are below.

Also, the "guitar" for the third edition will be a wireless Les Paul.........

GUITAR HERO III INITIAL TRACKLISTING
"Barracuda" - Heart
"Cherub Rock" - Smashing Pumpkins
"Cult of Personality" - Living Colour
"Even Flow" - Pearl Jam
"Knights of Cydonia" - Muse
"Lay Down" - Priestess
"The Metal" - Tenacious D
"My Name Is Jonas" - Weezer
"Paint It, Black" - The Rolling Stones
"Rock and Roll All Nite" - Kiss
"Sabotage" - Beastie Boys
"School's Out" - Alice Cooper
"Slow Ride" - Foghat

http://productshopnyc.com/htdocs/2007/06/guitar_hero_third_edition_w_we.html

They are gonna have all these CLASSIC songs, and then a NEW Guns N' Roses song?  I doubt it.  It'll probably just be something from Appetite.  I just don't think a NEW GN'R song would fit the GH theme.

dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2007, 04:58:20 PM »

I think i remeber slash saying at an interview in Toronto few months back, that VR will have a couple new songs on it.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2007, 07:46:14 PM »

I love it how some of you people are all "not a chance" and "no way"

why wouldn't the video game contain a new gnr tune ?

what do guns n' roses or the makers of GH III have to loose ?

they would be dumbasses if they didn't put a new gnr song in the game (but then again, gnr have done alot of things that certanly have been questionable these past 6 years  Undecided)

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2007, 01:57:28 AM »

They don't use the original vocals for the songs though, do they?? I know Sweet Child O' Mine on GH II doesn't have Axl singing... or am I smoking something??

Actually, due to the popularity of GH II, some record labels are allowing the publishing company to use the original tracks. By the way, I'm guessing this is to be released on PS3 and XBOX 360. By the 5th version, they mean - Guitar Hero I, Guitar Hero II (PS2), Guitar Hero II (Xbox 360), and the new PS2 80's think coming out in July - right?

GH3 will be relased on the the Wii, DS, 360, and the PS3. And it will definitely be out this fall. Rock Band is on the Wii, 360, and the PS3.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2007, 10:00:09 AM »

They don't use the original vocals for the songs though, do they?? I know Sweet Child O' Mine on GH II doesn't have Axl singing... or am I smoking something??

Actually, due to the popularity of GH II, some record labels are allowing the publishing company to use the original tracks. By the way, I'm guessing this is to be released on PS3 and XBOX 360. By the 5th version, they mean - Guitar Hero I, Guitar Hero II (PS2), Guitar Hero II (Xbox 360), and the new PS2 80's think coming out in July - right?

GH3 will be relased on the the Wii, DS, 360, and the PS3. And it will definitely be out this fall. Rock Band is on the Wii, 360, and the PS3.

GH3 on DS?

that actually presents an awesome idea- Guitar Hero on PSP with a mini guitar  hihi
American Hellhound
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2007, 11:50:00 AM »

I'd like to see TWAT end up on GH3 (even though I know it won't).

Wouldn't mind taking a stab at the TWAT outro.
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2007, 05:31:52 PM »

No chance.

Edit: Maybe they got the name "Guns N' Roses" mixed up with new "Buckethead".
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2007, 06:32:49 PM »

Without meaning to sound too negative...this is about as likely as a meteorite hitting Earth tomorrow.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 'Classic' GN'R tune on the game, e.g. Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City, but there is no chance of seeing a new GN'R song on this game.

Of all the ways to release new songs amid the rumours we've heard over the years, this seems to be the most unlikely of them all.
crthiel
Headliner

Hello Time bomb

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2007, 06:59:20 PM »

I want to see paradise city.  What does the guy at neversoft/activision say about any guns song period rather that just a new one?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2007, 07:31:54 PM »

Without meaning to sound too negative...this is about as likely as a meteorite hitting Earth tomorrow.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 'Classic' GN'R tune on the game, e.g. Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City, but there is no chance of seeing a new GN'R song on this game.

Of all the ways to release new songs amid the rumours we've heard over the years, this seems to be the most unlikely of them all.

Why? We know Axl loves video games (he was in GTA SA after all), so I see absolutely no reason why he wouldn't let them use a new guns song in the game.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2007, 09:32:52 PM »

Paradise City would be awsome, the guitar would be fun as hell to rock out on.

If they use a new gnr tune it would be whatever the new single is going to be. Though TWAT would be awesome because it has an awesome solo.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: