Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:27:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses - Bergen Concert 05/31/10 - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses - Bergen Concert 05/31/10 - Discussion  (Read 54862 times)
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #220 on: June 02, 2010, 08:16:31 AM »

It's not that I don't think he would be frustrated, but I just don't believe he would divulge band business to a random fan outside a hotel.  Especially considering this is hardly the first time Axl has started a concert late.

Ali

I don't buy it, either. Troublemakers.  Roll Eyes
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #221 on: June 02, 2010, 02:23:41 PM »

It's not that I don't think he would be frustrated, but I just don't believe he would divulge band business to a random fan outside a hotel for the late start, which is normal and understandable.  Especially considering this is hardly the first time Axl has started a concert late.

Ali

You people love reading too much into things, don't you? He never said Ron told the fans he was furious. He said Ron APOLOGISED to the fans in front of the hotel, which is normal and understandable. What the person said is that he looked furious. Looking and saying are two different thing.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #222 on: June 02, 2010, 03:14:52 PM »

It's not that I don't think he would be frustrated, but I just don't believe he would divulge band business to a random fan outside a hotel for the late start, which is normal and understandable.  Especially considering this is hardly the first time Axl has started a concert late.

Ali

You people love reading too much into things, don't you? He never said Ron told the fans he was furious. He said Ron APOLOGISED to the fans in front of the hotel, which is normal and understandable. What the person said is that he looked furious. Looking and saying are two different thing.

Perhaps you should re-read what was written.  This is what the poster said in his second post:  The other reason that I can confirm this 'reach' is that I spoke to Ron at his hotel and he was furious.

Clearly, he is stating that something Ron said, or the way he was saying what he said, indicated he was furious.  I asked for clarification on what Ron said, but no response thus far.  Regardless, it is clearly about more than how he looked at Axl or his general demeanor.

Ali
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #223 on: June 02, 2010, 03:22:31 PM »

Ali

Perhaps you should re-read what was written.  This is what the poster said in his second post:  The other reason that I can confirm this 'reach' is that I spoke to Ron at his hotel and he was furious.

Clearly, he is stating that something Ron said, or the way he was saying what he said, indicated he was furious.  I asked for clarification on what Ron said, but no response thus far.  Regardless, it is clearly about more than how he looked at Axl or his general demeanor.

Ali

I'm sorry, but can you not read? I stand by the exact words I posted earlier.

And you said it yourself: "Clearly, he is stating that something Ron said, or the way he was saying what he said, indicated he was furious." You are just assuming he said something. The poster never said Ron told him he was furious.

People who twisted that into "he said he was furious with Axl" just want to start trouble for nothing. Not cool.
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #224 on: June 02, 2010, 03:31:42 PM »

People who twisted that into "he said he was furious with Axl" just want to start trouble for nothing. Not cool.

Grin

Yeah, how could you posssibly interpret that he was supposedly furious with Axl from this statement?

Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal was furious with Axl

Crazy, man.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #225 on: June 02, 2010, 03:32:47 PM »

Ali

Ali

I'm sorry, but can you not read? I stand by the exact words I posted earlier.

And you said it yourself: "Clearly, he is stating that something Ron said, or the way he was saying what he said, indicated he was furious." You are just assuming he said something. The poster never said Ron told him he was furious.

There was no twisting of this poster's words into "Ron said he was furious with Axl."  If I was trying to twist his words around, I wouldn't have responded to his post asking for clarification on what Ron said to him.  I'm not assuming Ron said he was furious, either.  In fact, I said I DON'T believe Ron would say that to a random fan outside a hotel.  Can YOU not read?

The person who is trying to "start trouble", i.e. the person you should be directing your frustration at, is the poster who said "Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal was furious with Axl throughout for being late, which was obvious from the audience."

I'm just trying to understand what this guy is basing his statement on.  As indicated by this guy's second post, his belief that Ron was upset at Axl is based off more than just how Ron was or was not looking at Axl during the concert.  It is based on what transpired afterwards.

Ali
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #226 on: June 02, 2010, 03:36:39 PM »

It wasn't you, it was chineseblues who posted it, I know that. And I never implied you were the one who said so, I said "people", did I not?

The only thing I did was reply to your "perhaps you should re-read what was written.", to reinforce what I said earlier and show you I know exactly what I read at first.
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #227 on: June 02, 2010, 03:38:25 PM »

It wasn't you, it was chineseblues who posted it, I know that.

No it wasn't - it was this guy:

Ok, so I travelled from London yesterday to see Guns in Bergen. This is the 7th time I?ve seen them. I'm a huge fan of all line ups and think this particular line up has the potential to be fantastic. However, last night was a mess. The wait is normal, that was not my problem but the actual show was poor. There was no connection with Axl to the audience, who on occasion did not even get to the stage on time to sing. Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal was furious with Axl throughout for being late, which was obvious from the audience. He could not look at Axl. Ron apologised to fans at his Radisson hotel after the show. I think Axl's behaviour was a little disrespectful to the people who paid so much cash to be there. There was times in the show where I felt sad, I was looking up at my life long hero and realising he's possibly lost it. Physically he looks like a sad man. It's a saddening sight seeing Axl looking like the old circus ring leader having to haul himself on stage to join the younger sexier troupe.

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #228 on: June 02, 2010, 03:51:58 PM »

Oh my God, why haven't I given up already?

Go back a few pages, read what chineseblues posted. Thank you and good day.
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #229 on: June 02, 2010, 03:55:15 PM »

You mean this?

I find it hard to believe that Bumble would tell people outside his hotel that he was "furious" with Axl about him being late. I'm sorry but there is no way in hell that would happen.

Danielle Machado
Headliner

« Reply #230 on: June 02, 2010, 04:12:33 PM »

You mean this?

I find it hard to believe that Bumble would tell people outside his hotel that he was "furious" with Axl about him being late. I'm sorry but there is no way in hell that would happen.

Guys... it's enough with the subject... Unless Ron comes out and says it HIMSELF, officially, so that all you guys can hear it, whatever you guys are thinking he expressed or said, nobody has the right to discuss ANYTHING... This shit about he said this, he said that is ridiculous! And I am sure that Ron won?t say a thing becausa he is the first not to speak anything about GNR business
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #231 on: June 03, 2010, 12:24:08 PM »

I don't think Ron would say that, but even if he did, he is not wrong at all. I'd be pretty pissed at Axl if I was him. When you tell everyone a thing someone else mentioned in a particular conversation you're not being cool. That being said, Ron hardly would say to a unknown (to him) fan "hey, I'm angry at Axl... he's always late" unless, like someone said, that he was very angry.

It's not an interview, it's just a fan telling us something. He could be wrong, he could be lying. We don't know.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #232 on: June 03, 2010, 12:42:19 PM »

Bruno and Danielle - the original poster who wrote about the show and all never said that's what happened. That's what I was also trying to say - he never said Ron told him that. Other people who weren't even there and read what he wrote took it that way. The only thing he tried to say is that he thinks Ron looked pissed off, and he suggested that the reason for that was the late start.

And I don't find it weird at all for anyone in the band to be pissed off about that. I was just saying that I don't think we should put words in other people's mouth like that, turning it into "he said this, this and whatnot"

But, seriously? Enough of this. Ali misunderstood what I said and I explained it. That was all. And all's good now. Don't even know how we got this far.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 12:49:40 PM by Mandy. » Logged
Danielle Machado
Headliner

« Reply #233 on: June 03, 2010, 01:26:58 PM »

I was just saying that I don't think we should put words in other people's mouth like that, turning it into "he said this, this and whatnot"

That is exactily what I mean!!! ok

But, seriously? Enough of this. Ali misunderstood what I said and I explained it. That was all. And all's good now. Don't even know how we got this far.

And I've just wanted to put an end on this subject!  beer
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #234 on: August 21, 2011, 04:01:54 PM »

Courtesy of Del: Axl wore a "Free The West Memphis Three" t-shirt onstage in Bergen for the first few songs.

It might be a bit unclear in that pic....

/jarmo

Very subtle way to show support for something he believes in.  ok to that.

The West Memphis Three have been released Wink

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #235 on: August 22, 2011, 09:57:21 AM »

Courtesy of Del: Axl wore a "Free The West Memphis Three" t-shirt onstage in Bergen for the first few songs.

It might be a bit unclear in that pic....

/jarmo

Very subtle way to show support for something he believes in.  ok to that.

The West Memphis Three have been released Wink

Just read the news, good news but still there names are not cleared.
They had to confess in return for there release.

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
Ali
Legend

« Reply #236 on: August 22, 2011, 11:51:18 AM »

That is not true, actually. They are still allowed to maintain their innocence, they just have to admit the prosecution ha enough evidence to convict.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: