Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:46:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses South American Tour 2014 - announcement on Monday Dec 23rd
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses South American Tour 2014 - announcement on Monday Dec 23rd  (Read 52651 times)
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #180 on: January 04, 2014, 06:49:37 PM »

It was either somewhere is Europe, Asia, or South America....maybe somewhere near Croatia?

Hungary, 2003.

/jarmo

Thanks!  Did a quick search to make sure that was the one I was "remembering" and that was EXACTLY it.

Haha, I lived in Hungary at the time, I remember I almost bought tickets...there were posters with Chinese Democracy, by the time I realized what's happening was revealed that all is a scam  Smiley.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #181 on: December 28, 2014, 02:01:10 AM »

Shit happens, and seems intentions were well, but the announcement that wasn't could just serve as a reminder to the big fuck bag of disfunction GN'R has become.
What "big fuck bag of disfuction"??   Huh   Maybe in the past but not if recent history.

Obviously nothing in business or in life is going to be 100% perfect but in the past four years, GNR have literally toured the entire world!!!  HOORAY FOR US ALL!!!

IMO, communication between the GNR camp/band members and fans continues to improve, i.e., meet n' greets, chats, etc.  As I've said numerous times, this whole announcement of the announcement thing could possibly have been averted if, three weeks ago when whomever in management confirmed the SA tour, etc., added to that confirmation something to the effect of "but please don't post it until we get solid info so as to avoid having to do damage control on false information."  The attempt at a fix hasn't turned out as they/we'd have hoped but at least they seem to be trying to get the right info out there.

As for the band sitting around together to write, I don't believe they're been doing this since like maybe 1991 if not longer.  Youze all have probably seen an interview Axl did sitting in his backyard talking about how he and Slash and the guys would call each other on the phone and say stuff like 'why don't we add this in here' or 'we should change that up there.'  My point being, this way of writing new material, to quote a cover song GNR has done in the recent past, "It's not unusual."

As far as the theater/dvd thing goes, IMO none of the previous shows should come to light in this fashion do to (again IMO) a big-time mistake in all the shows.  Hopefully it's been corrected and they can film away for release in any way, shape or form they'd like.

As for releasing a new album or a new CD era album or re-releasing CD remastered or whatever, I'm guessing the hold up is various contractual business type finagling.  Something Bumblefoot said during his tawkers.com chat kinda really points out how out-of-control these things can be.  Bumblefoot was asked by a fan named Alan if he has ever considered re-releasing his 1997 solo album Hermit

Ron's reply:
"Alan - Hermit is 100% owned by Shrapnel Recors and only they can re-release it.  I offered to remaster it, license it, manufacture it, everything, for years, but it's completely up to them..."

So with everything that Bumblefoot offered to do, he has still been unsuccessful after all these years to get his solo album re-released.  One can only imagine the obstacles something on the scale of a GNR release might be contractually up against.

Anyways.... I got my guns n' roses-colored glasses on and things are looking up from where I sit.  Cool

I am just looking at where the posting was 1 year ago...

I got a kick out of this one
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: