Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 11:38:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Clinical exploration and anesthesists
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clinical exploration and anesthesists  (Read 2503 times)
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« on: March 29, 2008, 06:29:03 AM »

Yesterday, i met the anesthesist who will induce me into sleep for an exploration i have to do next friday.

He told me, after seeing and understanding my fears ( not of the exploration itself but the fear of what can be found), that once, he had a patient who was so nervous and pessimistic that the man develloped unknown complications and had to be ressuscitated.

He also told me to try and find a way to be positive and to calm down.

Now, i have a question for people:

Do you think that what he said is often proved to be right ?

Can the state of nerves bring one to make health matters that worse?

Nothing to say
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 06:31:19 AM »

If he is injecting you with fentanyl, who cares?

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 06:34:37 AM »

If he is injecting you with fentanyl, who cares?

Don't know what fentanyl is, but i care about complications, in case you don't remember, i have a two year old son.

Nothing to say
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 06:43:02 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fentanyl

Should never be given to a child.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 02:21:49 PM »

he had a patient who was so nervous and pessimistic that the man develloped unknown complications and had to be ressuscitated.

general anesthesia can have complications but there is no study that has correlated the complications with the patient's state of mind.

i have seen patients who are extremely afraid experiencing vagotony during surgery (slow heart rate, low blood pressure etc,) but they were conscious.

hope that helps

homo homini lupus...
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 07:31:23 PM »

Dunno, i am having an endoscopy and a coloscopy at the same time this friday and i am in pain, i am affraid of the " find".
I am trying to relax, but trying makes it even worse and i am more in pain now i am trying to relax than without.

Nothing to say
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 03:21:39 PM »

Jessica - yes the doctor is absolutely right - I'm going through some stuff right now where I am having a bunch of different medical problems and strange feelings - I have started to have panic attacks as a result of thinking about what could be wrong with me - I go on the internet and research and see all this stuff and I constantly think about it. And yes you can make it worse by thinking about it and stressing - your body produces a hormone called cortisol when you are stressed and this is a normal hormone but too much can do funky things to your body - like heart attack, stroke, fat where you don't want it - that's why they are always telling us we should reduce the stress in our lives.

Don't worry about those procedures - I've had both done and I was worried too - prep for the colon is the worst - you won't even think about it when you have to drink that stuff and only eat like liquid clear things and poop all night - as for the anesthesia - it was great - I actually loved it _ I was very groggy when they were trying to wake me up and didn't want to get up so I suggest definitely bring someone with you and you will want to sleep after that too. So, get a babysitter for your kid. The anesthesia takes awhile to wear off. You won't feel a thing though. And you get the results instantly.

Bring someone that you trust to the doc - the doc usually tells them what they saw and you will not remember what he is saying. Stomach pain can be a lot of things - don't think the worst - this is good that you are having this done actually - it is the best test for all things stomach related and will give you piece of mind.

Good luck! I wish you the best. Let us know the results. But don't think about it because you can actually make things worse - the mind is very powerful.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 03:24:06 PM »

Ask your doc for some Xanax or something that will mellow you out or smoke some mary jane or have a few drinks - do whatever it takes to relax.

Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 07:39:27 PM »

Right, i was waiting for more news :

The exploration went really well, both the anethesist and stomach doctor were VERY good.
I was given pills to calm down 15 mn before and felt pretty happy actually..lol...

It's the first time in my life an anesthesy goes this well actually, icounted to two and blackout and woke 10 mn after being brought back from surgery room.

No pain the throat or elsewhere ( no graphics lol).

I'd been told horror stories about how the tubes leave pain the throat for a while but nothing for me, absolutely brilliant.

Now, the result is that i have a good ulcer and i had 4 biopsies done at the same time and good news is i have no cancer.
Thank god for that.

(Both the doctor and I were a bit concerned because out of the 4 families i have in my blood, 3 have stomach and colon cancers. And the swallowing problem was worrying because there is no sign of stomach cancer until you have ...swallowing problems..and this generally means the cancer is at an advanced stage.)

But no cancer, no real explanation as to why i have this swallowing problems either or why i can't sing ( because i'm loosing my voice too btw ?? )

I have been under treatment for a few days, no amelioration yet, i still have problems to swallow and abdominal pains, so i have to wait for a month, then, if i still feel pain, my treatment's dosage will be strenghened and they will send me for an abdominal echography.

Oh the joys !!!!

Cheers everyone.

Nothing to say
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 05:12:44 PM »

Glad to hear things went well for you. The swallowing problem could be several things actually. Have you had your thyroid checked? What about endocrine system or pituatary gland? Do you have nodules on your vocal cords? I have the same problem with swallowing but they think it might be related to my thyroid - scheduling tests now. And I used to be able to sing really high but can't anymore and I was told I have nodules on my vocal cords. But it is getting worse because sometimes my voice cuts out. I actually had your tests done two years ago and they said everything was fine. But now, I'm wondering...

Keep going until you get an answer. Some of my stupid doctors just told me stuff and then did nothing and now I have to have a bunch of tests which will probably cost me a fortune. But check your thyroid because a low thyroid can cause hoarseness and swallowing problems.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: