Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 10:50:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash talks music, his hat, & why there won't be a GNR reunion
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash talks music, his hat, & why there won't be a GNR reunion  (Read 4261 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« on: November 02, 2014, 07:31:56 PM »

This is from one of those inserts in the Sunday newspaper.

Slash and burn: Catching up with a true guitar hero
by Nancy Dunham

Slash turns 50 next summer, and the guitar legend shows no signs of slowing down.

Rock is his genre. "I like to play different genres with different artists because it's fun, but if you ask what I do, it's rock and roll."

Musical conformity perplexes him. "What is interesting is that all genres are conforming into the top 40 platform. Now all music is sort of the same."

He works fast. "We make our albums very quickly, over the course of a month or so. We don't work on a song for a while and then go on vacation to ponder what it means before we finish it."

He's a micromanager. "I'm a busybody. I need to be involved in everything.Every time you decide to take it easy for a second or let someone else handle something without overseeing it, chances are it will go wrong. And usually it's too late to fix it."

He was born in England. "I consider myself to have strong British roots, but I've been living in America since I was 6."

He loves scoring films. "I love films. I think they are the ultimate entertainment experience, bar none. When you can put a good piece of music with good visuals, there's an emotional quality you can't get anywhere else."

There's no musical master plan. "I really don't look that far ahead. I do what I want to do at the moment. If I start trying to mold my future way down the line, it won't work. Things change. I'd rather have a basic idea of what I'm doing than to try to fine-tune my destiny."

His iconic hat gets VIP treatment. "No, it doesn't have a special handler, but two Christmases ago, I got a leather hat box. I don't wear it in airports, so I got this really nice hat box, and (one of our) security guards usually carries it."

He doesn't mind talking about Guns N' Roses. "It doesn't annoy me at all. My relationship with Guns N' Roses is a very important part of who I am. The only thing that annoys me is when people try to perpetuate negative relationships and go on and on and on about them."

But, there won't be a reunion. "Fans want to re-create a version of what they thought it was. It doesn't exist anymore. It's not there. It's out of reach."

Velvet Revolver, however, is still alive. "It's just dormant and very quiet right now."

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 09:51:35 AM »

There won't be a reunion HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?

Mama nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

World on Fire has some really cool tracks...and I enjoy the bands performances...saw them once and all the youtubes....the singer is just pretty bland tho

Would love a Velvet Revolver reunion ... there is no chance of that either tho unfortunately

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 10:34:35 PM »

Thanks for posting the abbreviated interview.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 01:59:15 PM »

Thanks for posting the abbreviated interview.
Actually what I posted (copy n' pasted) was the longer version from the newspaper's website.
The insert in the newspaper only had half the number of quotes and some of the one's listed weren't the full quote as on the website.

As for the "interview" itself, neither the insert nor the website gave any credit or indication that they lifted these quotes from another source.  It has been my experience in the past, however, that these types of random quotes articles are taken from another source such as a guitar magazine interview or a website that's promoting an upcoming show, etc.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: