Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:58:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  slash or buckethead ? why
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: slash or buckethead ? why  (Read 12793 times)
slashman91
Opening Act

slash one of the many guitar gods

« on: February 19, 2004, 07:36:46 PM »

personaly I choose slash beacuse he has more talentand knows alot of the clasic gnr song's im sure buckethead will get there . smoking

same shit different day
Dizzy
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 09:23:14 PM »

I say Slash because I've always favored emotion and creativity over technique.  Buckethead is a great technical player, no doubt.  But he can't make you feel what he's playing like Slash can.

When Slash throws back his head and pours his emotion into the guitar, one cannot help but close their eyes and feel the music as well as hear it.  
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 02:02:10 PM »

I say Slash because I've always favored emotion and creativity over technique.  Buckethead is a great technical player, no doubt.  But he can't make you feel what he's playing like Slash can.

yes, I agree 100 %.

But all the credit to Bucketheaqd also, he's a great player, fast and talented as a hell....but Slash has it something with his playing, it's something that brings in my mind old good Jimi Hendrix..
IHaveNoPatience
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 05:41:46 PM »

Slash is better by far...Buckethead is a good guitarist, but Slash's stage-performance is WOW!

So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye
So you think you can love me and leave me to die
Oh baby, can't do this to me baby
Just gotta get out, just gotta get right out of here
rocktar81
Leaving this board
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2004, 03:25:53 PM »

Slash by far. he is 1 million times better. can't explain that. His influence has been ENORMOUS for the last 15 years.  Slash is a legend. the way he plays guitar is a revolution. Please Axl, make a call to SLASH! HE IS THE BEST.
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2004, 04:08:45 PM »

S-L-A-S-H!
Why?
Exactly the same as Dizzy said!  ok

He nearly makes me cry when i see him play that Les Paul in the desert of Nov. rain vid!  Wink
Estranged!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
The brilliance of SCOM!  love  drool  yes
Slash was first, he invented those breath-taking rifts!

Hard-ass Paradise City! Rock on!
Rocket Queen, WTTJ, Coma!!!!!! Need any more explanation!
Even Gonzo on MTV2 said the greatest rift intro thingy guitar thingy would DEFINATELY be SLASH! {SCOM}  beer

SLASH IS A GOD!

He is a huge influence but then again he also puts you off from playing guitar because you can't make up with his sheer brilliance!

On the Illusions DVD's the energy he has on stage is electrifying!!!!!!  smoking
And also he can hold his drink! He's funny, COOL and hes majorly important!

I haven't heard BucketHead properly, but I will do soon!
I'm sure he'll be great! Positive in fact!  yes
Bring on the Bucket!

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2004, 05:59:17 PM »

edit: (Yes all of the above 'planes' have permission to land...)

If idiots could fly, this (thread) would be an airport.

-PEACE-  hihi hihi hihi

« Last Edit: February 29, 2004, 06:30:36 PM by Slipdisc » Logged

SlashFan
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2004, 04:20:10 AM »

Slash is better by far...Buckethead is a good guitarist, but Slash's stage-performance is WOW!

ok yes peace smoking

Slash is the only god!!
Slipdisc
VIP

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2004, 08:32:14 AM »

Roger that "Slash Rose", you have permission to takeoff!

-PEACE-

Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2004, 05:26:44 PM »

Slash by far. he is 1 million times better. can't explain that. His influence has been ENORMOUS for the last 15 years.  Slash is a legend. the way he plays guitar is a revolution. Please Axl, make a call to SLASH! HE IS THE BEST.

so you are judging who is the best guitar by who has the most energy outlet onstage?

but, we all (well, some are in denial) that Buckethead is far more talented than Slash. I prefer slash so far myself. but how do you explain to someone that one's only arument are : Slash is better. he plays the old GNR songs, that makes him better.

are there anyway to convice this weird, ?tterly weird people? i tried it all, but they wont even listen to the guys work...

my point: its OK to say you like slash better, but saying he is the most technicalled skilled and best guitarist in the whole wild world is kinda dumb... we all know damn well ?ystein Sunde is the best guitarist! he was voted the best guitarist by the best voted guitarist Steve Vai!   ok

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Slipdisc
VIP

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2004, 05:47:48 PM »

we all know damn well ?ystein Sunde is the best guitarist! he was voted the best guitarist by the best voted guitarist Steve Vai!

I don't know what's wrong with them....

But Vai shouldn't be calling people the best guitarplayer, both Lane (rip) and Buckethead have kicked his ass in the past, and he knows it.

-PEACE-

EVH
Banned
Headliner

Kickin' ass on the wild side!

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2004, 05:49:10 PM »

steve vai is ok hes not the greatest so who gives a shit what he says, i never even heard of that oyster guy ur talkin about, anyways slash is better than buckethead..

Velvet Revolver RULE
Slipdisc
VIP

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2004, 05:55:10 PM »

steve vai is ok hes not the greatest so who gives a shit what he says, i never even heard of that oyster guy ur talkin about, anyways slash is better than buckethead..

You too have permission to takeoff....

-PEACE- hihi rofl

PS:Steve Vai is (waaaay) better then Slash and Buckethead is better then Vai....it's very simple.... Slash is a great performer, but no virtuoso.

rocktar81
Leaving this board
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2004, 07:25:05 PM »

I don't really care of pure technic. I find it pretty boring at least.However I care about FEELING
Rock n' Roll is feeling. that's what it has always been and will always be. That's why Slash kicks Buckethead's ass by far.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2004, 07:25:46 PM by rocktar81 » Logged
Dizzy
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2004, 09:37:32 PM »

I don't really care of pure technic. I find it pretty boring at least.However I care about FEELING
Rock n' Roll is feeling. that's what it has always been and will always be. That's why Slash kicks Buckethead's ass by far.

Exactly.  Yeah, Buckethead is a better technician, but so what, so is every damn guitar teacher on the planet.  Bottom line is, nobody will remember anything Buckethead did after a few years.  But the riffs of "Sweet Child o Mine" and "Estranged" will remain etched in our collective ears and haunt our collective souls for all eternity.

That's what makes a guitar player great.  When Buckethead writes and records such timeless classic riffs which surpass those of Slash, then we'll talk.  Until then, the top hat defeats the KFC bucket by a longshot.
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2004, 09:46:41 PM »

exuce me dizzy.... Estranged is a sweet ass tune... and it WILL remain in OUR ears... but not the non-hard core GNR fans ear... its not even on Greatest Hits... seems like the public eye is stepping away from that song... weird...

but saying buckethead cant make a classic riff is stupid, wait 'til we hear GNR.... and he got some shit that should have have been classic, though. but his work aint getting media cover... that is why.

media coverage is making guitarist such as Cobain and linkin park fuckheads guitar god's and burn it into our memory forever, wheter we like it or not..

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2004, 05:52:15 AM »

Slash by far buckethead, Buckethead is in no class as Slash, Slash is with eric clapton, Hendrix, Jimmy page etc, he's had the most impact on guitar players over the last 20 yrs.

Also i think someone said that he can play very fast, playing fast don't mean shit my friend who doesnt play guitar can pull of a few pulloffs in succesion. And why do ppl say lets wait for the new album before critisizing him, if he was half good, all his solo albums or whatever he has done in the past would b well known and the fact is they arent so at the moment Slash has and will always have the goods

SLASH UR A FUCKIN LEGEND

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Slipdisc
VIP

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2004, 10:07:06 AM »

Slash by far buckethead, Buckethead is in no class as Slash, Slash is with eric clapton, Hendrix, Jimmy page etc, he's had the most impact on guitar players over the last 20 yrs.

You can?t put Slash in the same league as Hendrix. Slash never revolutionized the sound of the electric guitar like Hendrix did? Buckethead however did. That?s why Hendrix?s bass player said that Buckethead was one of the few big enough to stand in Hendrix?s shoes. Get a clue?. How can you compare a player like Slash who made living of doing only things others already had done before him with one of the greatest pioneers ever.

Compare this:

And why do ppl say lets wait for the new album before critisizing him, if he was half good, all his solo albums or whatever he has done in the past would b well known

to this other comment of yours:

No not really i'll fully judge 4 myself when or if the album comes out

??.Get your act together you make no sense, is your opinion always this flexible?

if he was half good, all his solo albums or whatever he has done in the past would b well known and the fact is they arent

His album are wellknown. He?s is one the biggest artist in instrumental music, numerous guitarmagazines and other virtuoso?s have given him tons of credits for them. But that?s right don?t let education stand in the way of your ignorance.

If Slash would be half as good as some of you wish he would be he would have made some good music after his departure from GNR (as a solo performer), since none of this exists it?s like comparing dirt to gold when compared to Buckethead (he has made it on his own, where Slash only got smaller once he was alone? desperately in search of some talent to play with, again).

Buckethead has proven to be both great in bands as solo, let Slash try to accomplish this, then come again...

-PEACE-

Slipdisc
VIP

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2004, 10:10:43 AM »

I care about FEELING

LOL!! Get a clue man. Let Slash come with soloalbums with the emotional depth and feelings like Colma and Electric Tears.

That's what makes a guitar player great.  When Buckethead writes and records such timeless classic riffs which surpass those of Slash, then we'll talk.  Until then, the top hat defeats the KFC bucket by a longshot.

Let Slash come with a freakin soloalbum on which he shows that he as a guitarplayer can write music of the same quality of Buckethead?s soloalbums, then we?ll talk. Until then, he only lives of some glorious moments in the past where he got big by living of of other people?s talent. Izzy was by far better then Slash. Buckethead is eons ahead of Slash and his thirteen in a dozen pentatonic noodling?.

The only place in the world where Slash is regarded a killer-ass guitarplayer are the GNRboards. The rest of the world knows that it takes more to being great then camouflaging bad skills with clich? showmanship?.

-PEACE-

Dizzy
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2004, 06:09:01 PM »

The only place in the world where Slash is regarded a killer-ass guitarplayer are the GNRboards. The rest of the world knows that it takes more to being great then camouflaging bad skills with clich? showmanship?.

When did you change your name to "the rest of the world"?

Oh yes, the only reason anyone remembers the riffs for "Welcome to the Jungle" or "Sweet Child o Mine" is because of Slash's showmanship.   The top hat fooled us all into thinking those songs were good.   Roll Eyes

Christ, it's fucking hilarious how ass backwards you are.  Take a general consensus of rock n roll fans outside of this board.  They'll all tell you how great Slash is.  And they'll tell you they don't even know who the fuck Buckethead is.

Buckethead shreds, shreds, shreds.  That's it.  Like I said, any guitar teacher can do that.  The only thing Buckethead does differently is don a ridiculous bucket on his head.  Not one classic song at all.  Not one that's ever going to be remembered.  Name one of his songs known by the vast majority of rock fans.  Just one.

I bet if you named a Buckethead song, the vast majority would not have heard of it, or know who performed the song.  But just say the words "Sweet Child o Mine" and everybody knows the band that recorded it, and everybody knows who plays the classic, extraordinarily memorable solos on that song.

And Izzy is a great guitarist, but he's nowhere near Slash's caliber.  Slash wrote all the kickass GNR solos, not Izzy.

Anybody can take lessons and learn to do the Buckethead shred.  Anybody.  But you can't teach anybody to pour emotion into their playing the way Slash does.  That's why Slash is considered one of the guitar greats, despite your ridiculous professions that he isn't.

His album are wellknown

Well known by WHO?  You?  Yeah, his albums are so well-known that he's NEVER had a hit album, NEVER had a hit single, NEVER had a gold certification.

Once again you make a feeble and unsuccessful attempt to pass off your opinions as those of the masses.  I've posted at many R&R boards over the past several years and met about three people who think Buckethead surpasses Slash.  This board and any Buckethead board are virtually the only places on Earth where you'll meet more people who go ga-ga over the guy.

exuce me dizzy.... Estranged is a sweet ass tune... and it WILL remain in OUR ears... but not the non-hard core GNR fans ear... its not even on Greatest Hits... seems like the public eye is stepping away from that song... weird...

Bah, don't judge Slash or GNR's legacy on the shitty track selection of that blasphemous CD!   rant  For crying out loud, the mediocre, tepid tune "Yesterdays" is on that CD!

but saying buckethead cant make a classic riff is stupid,

Let him prove me wrong.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2004, 06:35:57 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: