Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 03:02:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227866 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Popularity contest?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Popularity contest?  (Read 1988 times)
dontcry44
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: September 23, 2004, 06:49:41 PM »

Through the late 80's and up until the mid 90's, GNR was arguebly the biggest Rock band on the planet.  If GNR would have stayed together and continued to exist to this very day in their original form, would they still be the biggest rock band on the planet?

It's hard to hold a candle.... in the cold November rain....
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 07:11:42 PM »

gn'r were huge back then because although they had plenty of contemporaries like them, they still completely blew them out of the water. however, today they'd have no competition, but even aerosmith got mixed feedback when they continued to be themselves.
Leah_RocketQueen
Headliner

Wanna be Mrs.Duff!

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2004, 07:21:38 PM »

I don?t think they would still be all that now days. I mean, i love gnr, but these days, kids are getting brain washed by rap and rnb and that poo! Ther are other rock bands now too. I guess aerosmith is still ok popular, but gnr doesnt have to be together to not be the best band in the world still

Don't You Cry Tonight
sergejg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 01:27:14 AM »

Through the late 80's and up until the mid 90's, GNR was arguebly the biggest Rock band on the planet.? If GNR would have stayed together and continued to exist to this very day in their original form, would they still be the biggest rock band on the planet?

I think if they would have sticked together and evolved the way Illusions where going to a more epic 10 minute songs they would be like some legend band that is not very know by kids. Something like PinkFloyd, that everybody knew when I was in highschool that they where a great band but nobody knew much about them except that they played the "we don't need more education" song.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 11:24:07 AM »

i agree w/ the person that mentioned aerosmith.. aerosmith still have a cult following and they're pretty big but i havent seen them (although i'd like to) on the top priority list of the mainstream media.. i think GnR would face the same thing..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: