Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 08:46:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  New RHCP album "Stadium Arcadium" to be released May 9th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New RHCP album "Stadium Arcadium" to be released May 9th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 59744 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #400 on: June 10, 2006, 04:44:44 AM »

I don't know the song off hand but it's the one that's new on mtv vh1 all the time.. Seems like just typical rhcps music recycled
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #401 on: June 10, 2006, 04:45:51 PM »

he is better creatively, i'll give u that.? I'm not sure about bumblefoot i've heard good things creatively about his solo work.? Technically I'm pretty sure axl wants someone who can rip it up pretty damn well and i've never really heard frusciante rip it up that well, but i could be wrong.

Dude when A GNR guitarist writes a riff anywhere close to "Under The Bridge" Which is one of the greatest riffs ever written, then u can talk that kind of shit.

U then tack on the absolute amazing other riffs and songs he has written, throw in his diversity.

Thats the key thing here, diversity.

Frusciante can not only play Rock Guitar, he can play funk and whatever other style u can dream of.

Bumblefoot,Robin and Fortus together cant match the brilliance of Frusicante, I hate to burst GNR fans bubble, but its simply the truth.

U wanna hear? a sample of John Ripping it up, just listen to Turn It Again's solo or the end of Wet Sand. ok
BTW asshole.? Buckethead is so much more versatile than John.

buckethead just shreds randomly.  its no style.  its just tapping and using obscure techniques no one uses that sound like a spaceship. John, however, is a master of his instrument.  He knows how to make good sounds, not just play fast.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #402 on: June 10, 2006, 05:26:23 PM »

John is no Slash I give u that but neither are those other guys.

Creatively though, John owns all three GNR guitarist.

Nice insults, U are finally figuring it out.

On forums like these u gotta come hard, so nice job ok

I do like Buckethead dont get me wrong and am still mourning his loss in GNR. If anyone had a shot of replacing Slash it was Bucket.

now they have no shot.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
cntymcshtballs
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #403 on: June 10, 2006, 05:47:40 PM »

buckethead just shreds randomly.? its no style.? its just tapping and using obscure techniques no one uses that sound like a spaceship. John, however, is a master of his instrument.? He knows how to make good sounds, not just play fast.

I am so sick of hearing people say that.  It's ignorance.  Did you know that Buckethead has a jazz-rock cd, a and two acoustic and classical flavored cds that contain no shredding.  No tapping, no sounding like a spaceship, that's on some of his releases, but not most.  Listen to any songs off of Population Override, Electric Tears, or Colma to see that he is actually much more versatile than Frusciante.  You can argue that Frusciante is better creatively, but sorry Buckethead is much more of a master of the instrument and I fucking hate it when people say he can only play fast, it's just pure ignorance and generalization.
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #404 on: June 10, 2006, 06:31:20 PM »

i'm sorry, i'm just going off of what i've heard him do with GNR.  i'm not a huge buckethead fan or anything.

it also depends on a person's personal opinion on what being a master of an instrument really is.
cntymcshtballs
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #405 on: June 10, 2006, 08:02:42 PM »

i'm sorry, i'm just going off of what i've heard him do with GNR.? i'm not a huge buckethead fan or anything.

it also depends on a person's personal opinion on what being a master of an instrument really is.
agreed that besides twat, nightrain, and nr I don't think he really played out of his soul and axl had him shred on just about everything.  Nothing wrong with that in my book, but it did portray him to most gnr fans as a shred-machine and nothing more I'd say i prob have the same opinion as you on what makes a master is. Frusciante is definately a master of what he does, but overall (judging from his non-gnr projects) I think Buckethead is more of a master.
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #406 on: June 12, 2006, 01:17:29 PM »

? Did you know that Buckethead has a jazz-rock cd

Arcana: Good stuff

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #407 on: June 14, 2006, 12:26:56 AM »

I've had this album for a week now and give it two thumb up

I was skeptical, because Dani California did not exactly thrill me, but I gotta say Frusciante's playing is great on these albums.

I think " Turn it Again " is an amazing tune to say the least

But I posted a thread last week about whether or not this album could and should be cut into one album and the responses seemed to be that no, it should'nt. I would disagree, and say that there are probably 15 great songs. Either way - I'm glad I bought it
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #408 on: June 14, 2006, 04:00:06 PM »

15 of the best on one CD would be amazing but then again, I couldnt live without the other 13 so Im definitely glad its two CDS.

there isnt filler on this album that messes it up.

all 28 songs are good.

Some better than others but Honestly I dont think there is a single average or bad song on the record.

J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #409 on: June 14, 2006, 04:28:56 PM »

Look what Slash did back in the day was good.

But what has he done recently? Besides VR.

Even with Velvet Revolver he recycled the Sweet Child riff on a lot of the songs for example Fall To Pieces he recycles it.

I would rate John F as of right now better then Slash.

I would take him over Slash any day cause he can play lots of styles is young and doesn't seem like hes washed up.

Slash did some good riffs in his day but VR nothing at all awesome.

His Snakepit is a joke as well so don't start with that. Thats crap is just embarassing.

Fuck All Y'all
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #410 on: June 14, 2006, 07:36:58 PM »

15 of the best on one CD would be amazing but then again, I couldnt live without the other 13 so Im definitely glad its two CDS.

there isnt filler on this album that messes it up.

all 28 songs are good.

Some better than others but Honestly I dont think there is a single average or bad song on the record.

Would dis-agree my friend, but I understand you are a HUGE Peppers fan from your posts, so I understand where you're coming from.
The actual song Stadium Arcadium I think is very boring and does nothing for me. Charlie is pretty annoying as well - No offense! peace
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #411 on: June 14, 2006, 07:41:11 PM »

Look what Slash did back in the day was good.

Even with Velvet Revolver he recycled the Sweet Child riff on a lot of the songs for example Fall To Pieces he recycles it.

Definitely true. I hate this song, and the reason is probably what you just said

I would rate John F as of right now better then Slash.

Take it easy dude, Take it easy

I would take him over Slash any day cause he can play lots of styles is young and doesn't seem like hes washed up.

Slow down dude, slow down peace

Slash did some good riffs in his day but VR nothing at all awesome.

His Snakepit is a joke as well so don't start with that. Thats crap is just embarassing.

No problems with any of that!
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #412 on: June 16, 2006, 04:54:42 AM »

Hey, just got this album and Im trying to rip it.

Does the Jupiter CD have some copyright protection on it? My computer doesnt detect it (but Mars works fine). Maybe its a SACD?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 04:57:01 AM by Tomorrows » Logged
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #413 on: June 16, 2006, 09:44:30 AM »

Does the Jupiter CD have some copyright protection on it? My computer doesnt detect it (but Mars works fine). Maybe its a SACD?

I didn't have any trouble ripping Jupiter to my computer, but you know what's weird?

When I play Mars on my computer, the tracklist is all screwed up eventhough it follows the tracklist on the back of the album... Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #414 on: June 16, 2006, 09:49:46 AM »

I didn't have any trouble ripping Jupiter to my computer, but you know what's weird?

When I play Mars on my computer, the tracklist is all screwed up eventhough it follows the tracklist on the back of the album... Undecided

Hmm ... the Chili's must be onto us rippers  nervous I think I'll end up just downloading the first CD. I barely ever listen to the actual compact discs except for when I drive. Most times its just when I exercise with my mp3 player or when Im on the comp.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #415 on: July 05, 2006, 12:25:58 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LT-iFSsSI8&mode=related&search=Stadium%20Arcadium

Official "Tell Me Baby" Video, the 2nd single

J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #416 on: July 05, 2006, 02:53:31 PM »

Sweet ! Thanks Ddddddinosaur!

Fuck All Y'all
Shirell
« Reply #417 on: July 05, 2006, 04:01:18 PM »

Got this.  Love this album.  My favourite track is on Mars Cd, Hard to Concentrate.  I don't know it just sticks in your head
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #418 on: July 05, 2006, 04:32:34 PM »

A whole lot of Frusciante bashing seems to be happening. I see this guy as the perfect guitarist for that band and as someone who just keeps getting better and better. He's got more feeling on Arcadium than I can remember on the other albums. Big Fan, personally.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #419 on: July 05, 2006, 07:07:15 PM »

The actual song Stadium Arcadium I think is very boring and does nothing for me. Charlie is pretty annoying as well - No offense! peace

I agree with that 100%...

This is a really good CD... but there are some songs that I just can't get into.  After giving it a few months, I'd say I still prefer By The Way to this CD... but that's one of my favourite CDs, so it's not really a put-down to Arcadium.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: