Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 01:12:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  New" Beatles album to be released
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New" Beatles album to be released  (Read 2509 times)
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« on: October 03, 2006, 09:59:13 PM »

A "new" album of Beatles music mixed by their legendary producer George Martin and described as a new "way of reliving the whole Beatles musical lifespan," will be released in November.

EMI Music and Apple Corps Ltd. said on Tuesday that Martin and his son Giles began work on the album, called "Love," after getting permission from        Paul McCartney,        Ringo Starr, and        Yoko Ono Lennon and Olivia Harrison representing John Lennon and George Harrison.

The music has already been used as the soundtrack to the theatrical Cirque du Soleil show called "Love."

"This music was designed for the Love show in Las Vegas but in doing so we've created a new Beatles album," George Martin said in a statement.

"The Beatles always looked for other ways of expressing themselves and this is another step forward for them.

"What people will be hearing on the album is a new experience, a way of re-living the whole Beatles musical lifespan in a very condensed period."

The Martins worked from the original master tapes from the Abbey Road studios to produce a medley of Beatles music by remixing favorite songs, such as Harrison's "Within You Without You" being played to the drum-track of "Tomorrow Never Knows."

EMI Music, part of EMI Group Plc, and Apple Corps Ltd., the English company that administers The Beatles' interests, said the album would be released worldwide in November. Additional information such as the track listing will be released later.

Source: Yahoo News

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 01:01:48 AM »

A "new" album of Beatles music mixed by their legendary producer George Martin and described as a new "way of reliving the whole Beatles musical lifespan," will be released in November.

EMI Music and Apple Corps Ltd. said on Tuesday that Martin and his son Giles began work on the album, called "Love," after getting permission from? ? ? ? Paul McCartney,? ? ? ? Ringo Starr, and? ? ? ? Yoko Ono Lennon and Olivia Harrison representing John Lennon and George Harrison.

The music has already been used as the soundtrack to the theatrical Cirque du Soleil show called "Love."

"This music was designed for the Love show in Las Vegas but in doing so we've created a new Beatles album," George Martin said in a statement.

"The Beatles always looked for other ways of expressing themselves and this is another step forward for them.

"What people will be hearing on the album is a new experience, a way of re-living the whole Beatles musical lifespan in a very condensed period."

The Martins worked from the original master tapes from the Abbey Road studios to produce a medley of Beatles music by remixing favorite songs, such as Harrison's "Within You Without You" being played to the drum-track of "Tomorrow Never Knows."

EMI Music, part of EMI Group Plc, and Apple Corps Ltd., the English company that administers The Beatles' interests, said the album would be released worldwide in November. Additional information such as the track listing will be released later.

Source: Yahoo News

Cool stuff. I look forward to hearing it..

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 02:28:06 PM »

I'm listening to this album right now and I admit I was a little skeptical at first, but WOW!! 

I think these are the best sounding tracks from this band ever, as far as the actual sound quality goes that is. 

This is an amazing album and filled with such wonderful music.

The best band that ever existed gets a new twist and it actually works REALLY well.

Go pick this album up if your a Beatles fan, even if your just a casual fan.

It's worth it and the sound quality is stellar as I said before.

Anyone else that has heard this album let me know what you think and if you haven't heard it, GO GET IT!!!

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Fspen
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 03:39:02 PM »

So is this a whole albums worth of remixed material or is it just a few tracks where they've gone and changed drum tracks?   Huh

If its a whole new experiance of Beatles songs then I'll be buying it!   yes
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 03:55:37 PM »

I wasn't going to get this at first but the music on the commercial for it impressed me so I'll have to pick it up.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 07:46:18 AM »

they played the whole thing all the way through on Virgin Radio last week. i was really impressed. all the songs sounded fresh and powerful and i found myself with a big smile on my face for the whole thing. great tunes very well put together.
gin hotel
Banned
Rocker

Blind Melon - Chinese Democracy?

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 06:20:01 AM »

cool

fixintodie
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 07:01:20 AM »

So is this a whole albums worth of remixed material or is it just a few tracks where they've gone and changed drum tracks?? Huh?

If its a whole new experiance of Beatles songs then I'll be buying it!? ?yes

Everything's remixed - buy it, I doubt you'll be disappointed.  beer
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 12:48:29 PM »

its gotta be better then Limp Bizkits Remix album

keep on rollin
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 12:03:49 AM »

Agreed. I was skeptical at first but then I heard a couple tracks on the radio today and they sounded fantastic. I'm definatley picking this sucker up in a few hours.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 01:28:29 PM »

Agreed. I was skeptical at first but then I heard a couple tracks on the radio today and they sounded fantastic. I'm definatley picking this sucker up in a few hours.

It's amazing.  DON'T BE SKEPTICAL!!!!! And that's to everyone!!  If you are a Beatles fan then this album will not let you down in the least bit.  It really is a great fucking release and as I said before, you won't find a better sounding Beatles album that has been officially released.  The quality is fantastic.  I PROMISE!!!  To anyone that buys it and doesn't like it, BLAME ME!!  But you won't be let down and turn the volume up loud when you put that son of a bitch in your stereo.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 01:38:05 PM »

just bought love on tuesday, coz it was 10 bucks at best buy and i've got to say, that i'm really impressed. awesome cd.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: