Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:29:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227882 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Marilyn Manson
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marilyn Manson  (Read 162617 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #160 on: March 02, 2007, 02:40:31 AM »

Marilyn who? 
Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #161 on: March 02, 2007, 04:48:36 AM »

The be aggressive chant has been changed a bit and used in an estonian rap song aswell. Probably in many other not so well known songs too, it's damn catchy  ok Oh and Faith No More rules  beer

This   is   Democracy!!!
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #162 on: March 02, 2007, 07:29:35 AM »

Marilyn who? 

Monroe?

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #163 on: March 02, 2007, 08:45:43 PM »

maybe he likes FNM and wanted to do some kind of tribute or something, and i know that if i'm a fan of some band then hear theat they coover or sample another band i wanna check that other band out, so maybe MM got FNM more fans, lol u don't always have to be that negative peeps
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #164 on: March 05, 2007, 03:03:01 PM »

Manson is finally coming out with a new album, called "Eat Me, Drink Me"

this is from Rolling Stone

" Rolling Stone's Austin Scaggs listened to EAT ME, DRINK ME and writes; "Things got really interesting on Saturday when the Smoking Section drove out to the Valley at the behest of Marilyn Manson. The S.S. joined Manson in his rec room where we worked our way down the belly of a bottle of German absinth and were blown away as Manson debuted his new album, EAT ME, DRINK ME. The key cut is "If I Was Your Vampire," a six-minute epic with the lyric "The Hole Is Where the Heart Is." If anyone thought Manson was down for the count, think again."

He's got some tour dates coming up in Europe too....I can't wait till he makes it back to Vegas

Axl is God.
GeraldFord
« Reply #165 on: March 11, 2007, 12:17:46 PM »

I'm looking forward to this. I wasn't crazy about the last one and think he (they) isn't the same without Twiggy, but I think that there will at least be a couple MM classics on it.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #166 on: March 11, 2007, 05:35:37 PM »

new article in Rolling STone:

Manson's Dark Return

The Antichrist Superstar exorcises some demons-including his divorce - on new album, by Austin Scaggs

Marilyn Manson sits in the front room of his home in the San Fernando Valley, drinking from a bottle of rose-tinted absinthe. The house feels dark and unwelcoming-his estranged wife, model Dita Von Teese, has recently moved out-and Manson apologizes for the disarray. Without the makeup that he usually wears in public, and dressed casually in black, Manson pours himself into a couch and explains the turmoil that's plagued him for much of the past year-ultimately led him to restart his musical career with a new album, Eat Me, Drink Me, due in June. The songs, he says, "are clearly written to seduce somebody," though he is hesitant to divulge whom. "I don't want people to think that the record is some kind of exploitation of my personal life," says Manson. "At the same time, it also represents exactly who I am and what I feel."

For the next few hours, Manson plays unmastered cuts from Eat Me, Drink Me and describes his year in hell. "Halfway through last year I was in such a black hole of depression," he says. "I couldn't make anything, I couldn't do anything. I lost hope." At the time, Manson's mother was diagnosed with a mental illness and, he says, "I got trapped in one of the classic rock & roll clich?s of having people that work for me rob me behind my back." He had no interest in making music, and the film project he was focused on -Phantasmagoria, based on the twisted life of Lewis Carroll- became a psychological burden.

Manson says he was finally uplifted by a close friend's morbid gesture of devotion. "She picked up a butcher's knife and said, 'Here, you can stab me,'" he says. "When someone was willing to drown with me, I really didn't want to drown anymore." This theme is depicted in the six-minute epic "If I Was Your Vampire," which Manson wrote on Christmas. "That song is the new 'Bela Lugosi's Dead,'" says Manson. "It's the all-time gothic anthem."

The album's lyrics were written after last Halloween. That night, Manson presided over the opening of his Los Angeles art gallery. The next morning he left his home in the Valley and set up temporary digs at a studio-equipped house in the Hollywood Hills. "Suddenly," he says, "I felt liberated. I'd write a song, walk two doors down the hall and record it right then." Manson's lyrics, which were recorded over tracks crafted by Tim Skold (who joined Manson's band in 2002 as bassist), came quickly. "I was writing out of desperation and hope," he says. "The record came out in a rush-like an open wound-and I went with it."

"Just A Car Crash Away" is a Bic-waving ballad, a death march punctuated by Skold's searing guitar solo. "The Red Carpet Grave" is classic Manson, echoing with buzz saws and primitive percussion. (In fact, on "You, Me And The Devil Makes 3" they beat on a metal skunk trap they found outside the house.) Manson wrote the album's first single, "Putting Holes In Happiness," oh his birthday, and describes it as "a romantic-misogynistic-cannibal-gothic-vampire ballad."

Manson hopes to release a film in conjunction with the disc that he claims, "is nothing short of the most horrifying horror that you could ever experience." He will also tour this summer, debuting his live versions of the new songs at European festivals. "I really wanted to be a singer on this album," he says. "This is very earnest and uncalculated and raw, in the sense that I know I'm fucked up, and I'm really not ashamed of it."

i'm hopeful, everyones allowed to make one bad album(GAOG was okay, but it was bad by his standards in my opinion), i think this new record will put manson back on track. sounds like it will be his most personal since Mechanical Animals, which i think is his masterpiece and crowning achievement. that record is incredible, one of my fave all time.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 11:35:17 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #167 on: March 11, 2007, 11:14:59 PM »

Manson's Dark Return

The Antichrist Superstar exorcises some demons-including his divorce - on new album, by Austin Scaggs

Marilyn Manson sits in the front room of his home in the San Fernando Valley, drinking from a bottle of rose-tinted absinthe. The house feels dark and unwelcoming-his estranged wife, model Dita Von Teese, has recently moved out-and Manson apologizes for the disarray. Without the makeup that he usually wears in public, and dressed casually in black, Manson pours himself into a couch and explains the turmoil that's plagued him for much of the past year-ultimately led him to restart his musical career with a new album, Eat Me, Drink Me, due in June. The songs, he says, "are clearly written to seduce somebody," though he is hesitant to divulge whom. "I don't want people to think that the record is some kind of exploitation of my personal life," says Manson. "At the same time, it also represents exactly who I am and what I feel."

For the next few hours, Manson plays unmastered cuts from Eat Me, Drink Me and describes his year in hell. "Halfway through last year I was in such a black hole of depression," he says. "I couldn't make anything, I couldn't do anything. I lost hope." At the time, Manson's mother was diagnosed with a mental illness and, he says, "I got trapped in one of the classic rock & roll clich?s of having people that work for me rob me behind my back." He had no interest in making music, and the film project he was focused on -Phantasmagoria, based on the twisted life of Lewis Carroll- became a psychological burden.

Manson says he was finally uplifted by a close friend's morbid gesture of devotion. "She picked up a butcher's knife and said, 'Here, you can stab me,'" he says. "When someone was willing to drown with me, I really didn't want to drown anymore." This theme is depicted in the six-minute epic "If I Was Your Vampire," which Manson wrote on Christmas. "That song is the new 'Bela Lugosi's Dead,'" says Manson. "It's the all-time gothic anthem."

The album's lyrics were written after last Halloween. That night, Manson presided over the opening of his Los Angeles art gallery. The next morning he left his home in the Valley and set up temporary digs at a studio-equipped house in the Hollywood Hills. "Suddenly," he says, "I felt liberated. I'd write a song, walk two doors down the hall and record it right then." Manson's lyrics, which were recorded over tracks crafted by Tim Skold (who joined Manson's band in 2002 as bassist), came quickly. "I was writing out of desperation and hope," he says. "The record came out in a rush-like an open wound-and I went with it."

"Just A Car Crash Away" is a Bic-waving ballad, a death march punctuated by Skold's searing guitar solo. "The Red Carpet Grave" is classic Manson, echoing with buzz saws and primitive percussion. (In fact, on "You, Me And The Devil Makes 3" they beat on a metal skunk trap they found outside the house.) Manson wrote the album's first single, "Putting Holes In Happiness," oh his birthday, and describes it as "a romantic-misogynistic-cannibal-gothic-vampire ballad."

Manson hopes to release a film in conjunction with the disc that he claims, "is nothing short of the most horrifying horror that you could ever experience." He will also tour this summer, debuting his live versions of the new songs at European festivals. "I really wanted to be a singer on this album," he says. "This is very earnest and uncalculated and raw, in the sense that I know I'm fucked up, and I'm really not ashamed of it."

i'm hopeful, everyones allowed to make on bad album(GAOG was okay, but it was bad by his standards in my opinion), i think this new record will put manson back on track. sounds like it will be his most personal since Mechanical Animals, which i think is his masterpiece and crowning achievement. that record is incredible, one of my fave all time.

Anything related to new Manson music coming our way is good news, I just hope his band is more together than...not, which it had seemed to be the case for a while there. I like Skold, I've always liked Skold long before he joined Manson's ranks, I just don't want to see his influence overtake the music too much. That said, while I whole-heartedly agree with you on Mechanical Animals, I'm afraid I disagree on TGAOG, which I viewed as a step up from Holy Wood (which is itself underrated).
By the way, you seem to have good taste in music outside of GN'R, from what I've seen on the boards.

beer
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #168 on: March 11, 2007, 11:38:00 PM »

Manson's Dark Return

i'm hopeful, everyones allowed to make on bad album(GAOG was okay, but it was bad by his standards in my opinion), i think this new record will put manson back on track. sounds like it will be his most personal since Mechanical Animals, which i think is his masterpiece and crowning achievement. that record is incredible, one of my fave all time.

Anything related to new Manson music coming our way is good news, I just hope his band is more together than...not, which it had seemed to be the case for a while there. I like Skold, I've always liked Skold long before he joined Manson's ranks, I just don't want to see his influence overtake the music too much. That said, while I whole-heartedly agree with you on Mechanical Animals, I'm afraid I disagree on TGAOG, which I viewed as a step up from Holy Wood (which is itself underrated).
By the way, you seem to have good taste in music outside of GN'R, from what I've seen on the boards.

beer

thanx man.  ok i thought GAOG just seemed so genereic and boring compared to his other stuff. i dig some songs but overall i just dont think he got his message across very well.

GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #169 on: March 29, 2007, 07:09:04 PM »

It has been reported on the French music site "Charts In France", that Marilyn Manson is currently filming a new video, "When The Heart Guides The Hand" with James Cameron as the director. The video is said to be using a 3D special effect, so people can view the video without the glasses.
The website have said this is the first single from Manson's new album "Eat Me, Drink Me" and they also mention a May 28th release.

Source: chartsinfrance

Olorin
« Reply #170 on: March 30, 2007, 04:45:07 PM »

i'm hopeful, everyones allowed to make one bad album(GAOG was okay, but it was bad by his standards in my opinion), i think this new record will put manson back on track. sounds like it will be his most personal since Mechanical Animals, which i think is his masterpiece and crowning achievement. that record is incredible, one of my fave all time.

Dont you think Holywood was a pretty personal record after all the grief he took after Columbine? He must have been providing a voice for others as well with it, I know, a voice for some of the disillusioned, deeply unhappy and angry young people the world over I felt. At the time I really connected with it.I always thought it was his most personal album to be honest. Mechanical Animals was the album that got me into Manson, I loved it but I wouldnt consider it to be a personal album.
I agree the Golden Age was poor, there were a few good moments but there was some really lame moments. What was up with all the swearing? It was so cheap.
You know, I couldnt listen to his music for nearly 2 years after my best freind committed suicide, I was too depressed and Holywood especially was hard, too many reminders.

Heres hoping the new album is a belter.
GeraldFord
« Reply #171 on: March 31, 2007, 08:44:15 AM »

Dont you think Holywood was a pretty personal record after all the grief he took after Columbine?

That was such bullshit. Just a matter of some douche-bag politicians trying to score some "family value" points.

On another note, whatever happened to Zim Zum? I'd love to see an ACS/MA reunion, with Reznor producing.
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #172 on: March 31, 2007, 10:43:21 AM »

Dont you think Holywood was a pretty personal record after all the grief he took after Columbine?

That was such bullshit. Just a matter of some douche-bag politicians trying to score some "family value" points.

On another note, whatever happened to Zim Zum? I'd love to see an ACS/MA reunion, with Reznor producing.

yeah i loved Zim Zum too. the reasons surrounding his departure are very unclear. supposedly he showed up late for a rehearsal or was getting paid too much or something so manson booted him. his work on ACS and MA were awesome and i think he was dare i say better than john 5. he will be missed. (John 5 is awesome but i dont think he really suited manson very well, Zim Zum was a better fit IMO)

now on this new record Tim Skold is playing the guitar.

as far as Holy Wood, you're right that one is very personal as well, i guess its just a matter of opinion.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #173 on: April 03, 2007, 05:14:19 PM »

sounds like the album will be out June 5 in the U.S.

AND a co-headlining tour with Slayer? that would be sweet!

MARILYN MANSON: 'Heart Shaped Glasses' Single Due This Month - April 3, 2007
Universal Music France has announced that the first single from MARILYN MANSON's new album will be "Heart Shaped Glasses" (formerly "When the Heart Guides the Hand"). A 3D video for the track, which is expected to go for radio adds mid-April, was recently completed and is said to be an extract from a 3D horror movie which Manson will continue filming at the beginning of 2008 with James Cameron, the Oscar-winning director of "Titanic".

The official French release date for MANSON's new CD, "Eat Me, Drink Me", is June 4, which suggests that the album will arrive in North America on Tuesday, June 5. There will be two versions available, including a special collector's edition.

Manson was the focus of a private reception on Saturday night (March 31) at a Fort Myers, Florida art gallery. The reception kicked off an exhibition of Manson's latest paintings at the Space 39 gallery from April 2 to April 17.

MARILYN MANSON will embark on a summer co-headlining tour with SLAYER.

(Thanks: MansonUSA.com)

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #174 on: April 03, 2007, 06:28:11 PM »

yup, i heard its vastly different from his other stuff, also more comparisons to Mechanical Animals lyrically, which is def. a good thing and gets me very very excited. maybe he will pull off going out with a bang after the lackluster Golden Age of Grotesque. i really wanna know who the guitarist is. i know Tim Skold did the guitar work in the studio so i dont know if he will just movie from bass to guitar or if they will get a new guitarist when they tour.

GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #175 on: April 10, 2007, 03:18:18 PM »

here's a 30 second clip of the new single, "Heart Shaped Glasses(When the heart guides the hand)"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHQ6qwfopO8

i'm impressed, manson always finds a way to surprise you with every album, sounds different as usual. its only a 30 second slip but this sounds promising.

u cant realy judge the lyrics yet cuz their out of context......but they are quite strange, but im not surprised coming from manson lol.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #176 on: April 10, 2007, 03:25:18 PM »

here's a 30 second clip of the new single, "Heart Shaped Glasses(When the heart guides the hand)"

i'm impressed, manson always finds a way to surprise you with every album, sounds different as usual. its only a 30 second slip but this sounds promising.

u cant realy judge the lyrics yet cuz their out of context......but they are quite strange, but im not surprised coming from manson lol.

it sounds cool.. 2007 will be e a great year
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #177 on: April 10, 2007, 03:37:17 PM »

its perked my interest....Manson needs an earth shattering album to continue to be relevant, he's been out of the limelight for too long

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #178 on: April 10, 2007, 04:46:12 PM »

im not digging the song ... we'll see

i'll go see him in june in paris tho, even if the last 2 concerts i saw from him were sh*t. hope.

GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #179 on: April 11, 2007, 03:29:39 PM »

i heard the whole single on a streaming french radio station. its great, very very pop oriented and bouncy/danceable, but awesome in its own right. a welcome change from the previous album.  i'm sure the single/music video will turn up soon later on in the month.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 04:56:00 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: