Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 07:25:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Why posts are not posted?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why posts are not posted?  (Read 4359 times)
Krispy Kreme
« on: February 21, 2006, 12:23:47 AM »

Aside from ?the fact that ?I am an asshole ?and hated by all ( Huh), can any of the moderators explain to me why about 1 in 3 of my posts ?are actually ?posted? Are there new censorship rules in place that we have not been ?told ?about, or does ?each post have to meet 'acceptance' standards for the mod to let ?it pass?This is getting ridiculous: in the past few weeks I have had dozens of posts that were never posted even though they conformed ?to the ?rules ?(were not insulting to anyone) and were directly on topic. I am at a loss. It is either gross incompetence or gross censorship. I intend to publicize this fact far and wide until the situation is corrected, because what is happening is not right. If ?posts ?are to be filtered, then the criteria need to be clarified. If on-topic posts ?will never be posted, then the poster is owed a reason. Explanations for these occurrences?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 01:00:27 AM »

Hey Krispy Kreme ... I'm not a mod or anything so I really have no inside info on if your posts are being moved or deleted or whatever BUT what I did notice about when you posted this is that the Replies/Views listing thing read zero (0) and (0) which tells me that you don't see whether or not your post actually posted.

Go to your profile and click on (on the left hand side) where it says Look and Layout Preferences and then put a checkmark next to where it says Return to topics after posting by default (around the middle of the page).? So this way after you post something, the screen will take you back to the thread where you just posted so that you could see that it really did post.? Since there's been some server issues here maybe it's just a glitch in the system or something.

Like I said before, I really don't know the answer but atleast this way you'll know that your posts are actually getting posted until you get a real answer from a mod or Jarmo or somebody who would really know.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 04:02:41 AM »

Krispy, I doubt if there's a Jarmo/Mod conspiracy. Like I told you in another thread, an ocassional post will slip through the cracks. It happens to me. I'll type up a post, click post, go back to the thread later and its not there. I'm sure it happens to other people also. Unless I'm also being censored. nervous

It will be interesting to see what Jarmo and the Mods say about this.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 04:08:10 AM »

I've never had this happen to me.............

You don't have any helicopters flying around your home do you?

Any delivery vans parked on the corner?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 04:10:43 AM »

Yes I do. It scares me. I have to stay hid all the time. I am posting this message from my closet.

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 04:24:40 AM »

I can't remember whose threads I've deleted along the years. But sometimes when there's a large number of new threads there's has just not been enough time to write a post to explain why the thread is totally irrelevant adds nothing or is just dumb. That's when a thread gets deleted. Another thing is when a person might have been repeatedly told he's breaking the rules and still continues to do it. One more thing is when a person has over 1000 posts and is breaking the rules. That's usually when I delete a thread. Especially if it's a clear situation. They should know the rules by then (preferrably read the rules before posting a single post)..

None of my posts have ever disappeared, so the most logical explanation is that they've been deleted, or merged with another thread.

If it's a fact that you are an asshole and hated by everyone, it lowers the criteria as well. Not being an asshole helps.

Posts are not prefiltered. We just don't have time for that. No one has. So do check your post after you've posted it. If it's there then and deleted later, it's for one of the reasons I mentioned above. If it's not there even the second you post it, the problem's at your end. Well, actually... the problem's at your end in any case but if it's the latter, the problem's technical.

If you had an example of what posts have been deleted I/other mods might be able to help.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 05:22:56 AM »

The only posts I've deleted this past days are posts requesting songs, pointless smiley only posts, pointless "hahaha" posts and insults.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 05:26:33 AM »

The only posts I've deleted this past days are posts requesting songs, pointless smiley only posts, pointless "hahaha" posts and insults.

/jarmo
Have you noticed how in some of the threads, the noobs will post something, but instead of saying anything, or even using a smiley, they just quote a previous post or two. Strange.

Evolution
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 07:26:49 AM »

I noticed that on another forum. It's jst a lazy way of saying i agree, i think.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 08:21:02 AM »

Have you noticed how in some of the threads, the noobs will post something, but instead of saying anything, or even using a smiley, they just quote a previous post or two. Strange.

Some people will add something, but since they don't know how to, they put their own text somewhere in the middle of the quote.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 08:47:10 AM »

Some people will add something, but since they don't know how to, they put their own text somewhere in the middle of the quote.
Yeah I've seen that happen before also, and thats understandable. Back before I had a computer and I had a WebTV, that quote shit was hard and I didnt mess with it. But last night I seen a few posts where the person said nothing and just quoted. Maybe they just have never been to a forum before, and are learning or something.

Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 10:09:38 PM »

I've just been reinstated to the GNR section as a mod.  I can assure everyone that I'm only deleting/modifying posts that request a link to a leaked song or a "somebody please pm me so I can get (insert song).

Seems like everybody has finally caught on and maybe we can quit deleting so many posts.   Smiley
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 11:55:54 PM »

Actually, now that you mention it, yes, it happens all the time recently, and they are in white  vans with the letters HTGTH in red. hihi
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2006, 12:16:27 AM »

I can't remember whose threads I've deleted along the years. But sometimes when there's a large number of new threads there's has just not been enough time to write a post to explain why the thread is totally irrelevant adds nothing or is just dumb. That's when a thread gets deleted. Another thing is when a person might have been repeatedly told he's breaking the rules and still continues to do it. One more thing is when a person has over 1000 posts and is breaking the rules. That's usually when I delete a thread. Especially if it's a clear situation. They should know the rules by then (preferrably read the rules before posting a single post)..

None of my posts have ever disappeared, so the most logical explanation is that they've been deleted, or merged with another thread.

If it's a fact that you are an asshole and hated by everyone, it lowers the criteria as well. Not being an asshole helps.

Posts are not prefiltered. We just don't have time for that. No one has. So do check your post after you've posted it. If it's there then and deleted later, it's for one of the reasons I mentioned above. If it's not there even the second you post it, the problem's at your end. Well, actually... the problem's at your end in any case but if it's the latter, the problem's technical.

If you had an example of what posts have been deleted I/other mods might be able to help.

I was not talking about having posts deleted (which  so far has not happened to me, which suggests that  I am not in fact an asshole, but I will check with my wife to verify); I was talking about posts never being posted. That is, somewhere between my computer and the server (or thereafter) the post is never made. It seems to happen too frequently to be an accident or attributable  to server error. Hence my query.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2006, 01:20:27 AM »

I noticed that on another forum. It's jst a lazy way of saying i agree, i think.

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2006, 01:41:44 AM »

I noticed that on another forum. It's jst a lazy way of saying i agree, i think. man SLC.. you just dont know anything do you1?

Grin Angry Sad Wink Grin Grin Grin Grin HAHAHA love love love love love rofl hihi ok Kiss Cool Cool Cool Cool Grin Grin

gnrevolution.com
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2006, 04:47:40 PM »

I noticed that on another forum. It's jst a lazy way of saying i agree, i think. man SLC.. you just dont know anything do you1?

Grin Angry Sad Wink Grin Grin Grin Grin HAHAHA love love love love love rofl hihi ok Kiss Cool Cool Cool Cool Grin Grin

i think SLC has an admirer hihi

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: