Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:42:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Elisabeth Hasselbeck is an idiot.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elisabeth Hasselbeck is an idiot.  (Read 7328 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2009, 12:30:12 PM »

and what if anyone of your family had anything to do with acts of terror?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2009, 05:29:04 PM »

So, D, by your earlier reasoning, every FBI, CIA, armed forces member and politician that had anything to do with acts of terror should have received the death penalty?

I am not disagreeing with you.  I'm just asking for clarification's sake.

Gilld1, yeah, I think that's what D means.  Al Qaeda I'm sure feels the same way D does.

D, you're forgetting one huge factor.  There are innocent people being rounded up.  Innocent people were tortured.  It's not speculation...it's fact!  You honestly feel comfortable with innocent people getting tortured? 

Jim Bob made a great point...one person, 183 waterboardings?  Do you really fucking think it works??  How many innocents are you comfortable with being tortured? 

ppbebe asked what we would think if any of our relatives were involved in terror?  After having been found guilty in a real court, I'd want them locked up in a cold, dark cell never to see another human being again...kept alive for a long time in a miserable, lonely, and uncomfortable cell, fed with gruel.  Fair enough?  Am I too soft on criminals?  Terrorists??  Ya really think so???  All parties are too soft on crime. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2009, 07:28:33 PM »

The funniest part is most of the "pro-life" crowd are the same clowns who endorse this kind of nonsense.   

It's no more funnier than the people who are "pro-choice" and don't give a shit about sticking a needle into a babies brain to abort it, but have all this sympathy and love for a terrorist and their "rights."

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 04:30:51 PM »

Drew, if it means you'll love it, adopt it, pay for it through it's upbringing...I'm pro-life buddy...but until you can get somebody to adopt that severely handicapped kid/crack baby/HIV positive baby...you have no argument.

Like I've said before...if every pro-life person in the country signed an agreement to adopt every otherwise aborted baby, I will support the overturning of Roe v. Wade.  Until then, stfu unless you're willing to adopt what nobody's willing to adopt.   Wink

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2009, 05:36:31 PM »

ppbebe asked what we would think if any of our relatives were involved in terror?  After having been found guilty in a real court, I'd want them locked up in a cold, dark cell never to see another human being again...kept alive for a long time in a miserable, lonely, and uncomfortable cell, fed with gruel.  Fair enough? 

the real court is the key.  yes 
the question wasn't for you tho.
I wanted to know if pro torture peeps would still rather their beloved be treated as non human when they were suspected.

[Everyone always says, 'what if your family was in danger of death...', and it's a true sentiment because most of us would do whatever it takes to get them back safe. Whatever it takes.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 05:38:39 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2009, 06:32:12 PM »

ppbebe asked what we would think if any of our relatives were involved in terror?  After having been found guilty in a real court, I'd want them locked up in a cold, dark cell never to see another human being again...kept alive for a long time in a miserable, lonely, and uncomfortable cell, fed with gruel.  Fair enough? 

the real court is the key.  yes 
the question wasn't for you tho.
I wanted to know if pro torture peeps would still rather their beloved be treated as non human when they were suspected.

[Everyone always says, 'what if your family was in danger of death...', and it's a true sentiment because most of us would do whatever it takes to get them back safe. Whatever it takes.

Your question is valid, because it's a catch 22. First off, I believe each case has to be decided individually, on it's own merits. Is there enough evidence to torture someone based on the facts that are presented? Is there a high probability that the person in question has information that could save lives? Possibly many, many lives? Thousands?
On the other side, can you trust the information that led them to be a suspect in the first place?
So what do you do? Do you let someone go and hope that everything turns out ok? As in hopefully thousands of people don't die, or do you possibly torture an innocent person?

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2009, 12:00:14 AM »

Drew, if it means you'll love it, adopt it, pay for it through it's upbringing...I'm pro-life buddy...but until you can get somebody to adopt that severely handicapped kid/crack baby/HIV positive baby...you have no argument.

Like I've said before...if every pro-life person in the country signed an agreement to adopt every otherwise aborted baby, I will support the overturning of Roe v. Wade.  Until then, stfu unless you're willing to adopt what nobody's willing to adopt.   Wink

There are a lot of good kids without handicap that are killing during abortion as well.  Watching an innocent baby die like I did for 4 days this week is the hardest thing I have ever seen.  So ya, I am pro life for sure. 
TheWalkinDude
Opening Act

Please allow me to introduce myself....

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2009, 12:41:51 AM »

You have any statistics to back up this claim?  You're claiming that AIDS, Crack babies and retarded kids are a huge part of abortion.  Seems like your looking at one piece of the pie.  There is more than enough people willing to adopt babies.  But for arguments sake, handicap, aids and crack babies can be aborted.  You still cool with that or did you have something intelligent to add to your argument?  My guess is you were relying on the emotional appeal.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2009, 12:49:21 AM »

I think you are all missing the big idea here...How about the fact that there is a show on television that consists of WOMEN telling us the way the world should work?  Anybody else seeing the irony in this?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2009, 07:59:01 PM »

There are a lot of good kids without handicap that are killing during abortion as well.  Watching an innocent baby die like I did for 4 days this week is the hardest thing I have ever seen.  So ya, I am pro life for sure. 

Smoking Guns, you know I like your posts...but tell pro-lifers to put their money where their mouths are and adopt these kids.  What's the number floated around for how many fetuses have been aborted, it's somewhere over 40 million since 1973, correct?  I do know they tried getting frozen embryos adopted and implanted to "save" them...what, over a million of those as well, eh?  If my memory is correct, the "outpouring" of concern from the pro-life folks got maybe 100 of those adopted and implanted. 

It's hypocrisy at its finest. 

I'm all for making adoption easier...but it's easier said than done.  "Make it easier" will mean less funding for needed family screenings, increased risks of kids being victimized, and oh yeah, how's about throwing millions more kids into a foster care system that's already got horrendous issues.

For Sam Beckett, you just love sticking words in people's mouths.  I never said those particular groups were "a huge part" of abortion...but they sure do make a compelling argument, eh?  I didn't even mention the black and latino kids that many waspy families just wouldn't feel comfortable taking in to their families.  Hell, a lot of white families will adopt Asian babies from halfway around the world before they adopt frozen embryos or black or latino kids not to mention the kids with mental and physical handicaps.
Keep living in your dreamland where every knocked-up 14 year old gives birth to a beautiful and healthy baby that has a family out there ready to provide for its next 18 years.  Bullshit.  Women who are making the decision to abort their fetuses aren't exactly the ideal women when it comes to good pre-natal care...so even if you do prevent them from having abortions, you're going to have more children out there with birth defects, etc. that will undoubtedly increase the burden on the state...and boy, don't those pro-lifers love welfare programs.    Roll Eyes

So, do you accept my challenge?  Pro-lifers throughout the country are now required by law to adopt all the baies that would have otherwise been aborted.  Roe v. Wade is overturned, and now it's your turn to adopt all the unwanted babies.  Good fucking luck!

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2009, 08:17:07 PM »

So, do you accept my challenge?  Pro-lifers throughout the country are now required by law to adopt all the baies that would have otherwise been aborted.  Roe v. Wade is overturned, and now it's your turn to adopt all the unwanted babies.  Good fucking luck!
How about all those couples who would abort their babies just get their tubes tied and/or get a vasectomy instead?

Both procedures can be reversed if later on they decide to have children.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2009, 04:57:03 PM »

How about all those couples who would abort their babies just get their tubes tied and/or get a vasectomy instead?

Both procedures can be reversed if later on they decide to have children.

In a perfect world Gypsy, sure, wouldn't it be great if people made responsible decisions?
Unfortunately, they don't, and we have to deal with that fact.
Are you advocating folks who require an abortion get their tubes tied?  I think the pro-life movement would be far better served trying to get the morning-after pill to women in need immediately!  The number of abortions required would be drastically cut (it's already cut the need for abortions big-time).

Now, if we want to throw around an idea of setting limits on the numbers of abortions per woman/man, that would be cool.  Notice how I said man as well.  Every pregnancy should have a mother and father verified by dna testing...and if the woman can't figure out who the father is-automatic tied tubes.  Once you've hit the limit, tie 'em up or snip-snip.  I may be pro-choice, but I see no reason for people having the right to use abortion as a regular means of birth control.

I'd even be cool with mandatory education classes for women considering abortion.  Full 3-d images of the fetus, descriptions of level of fetal development, etc. 

What I won't support is a blanket ban of abortion.  It's not right.  In my perfect world, people wouldn't be stupid enough to have unprotected sex when they don't want to conceive a child.  As usual, it's irresponsible people causing the problems.

I also would not allow a teen girl to carry a child.  Mandatory abortion with tubes tied, and the young father given a vasectomy.  If it's a situation of rape, take off his nuts. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: