Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 12:53:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  holy shit! this is THE BEST gnr line-up EVER!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: holy shit! this is THE BEST gnr line-up EVER!  (Read 28163 times)
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #160 on: June 02, 2009, 04:18:43 PM »

look, it's not 'dissing' Izzy to say that he lacks the technical skills to play the songs from chinese democracy.  it's being honest.  if your old-band-new-band insecurities are so great that you can't acknowledge this simple truth, then i feel sorry for you.

do you guys honestly think that axl and the new band would work so hard at creating this new music only to give up on it without it ever being played?  to hire an all-new band of older musicians who couldn't play the songs even if they wanted to?  hate to burst your bubble.  until someone invents a time machine or izzy stradlin starts taking shred lessons, your dream of izzy performing chinese demcoracy is just that... a dream. 
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #161 on: June 02, 2009, 04:20:05 PM »

what a load of bullshit... now Chinese Democracy, Electric Tears, Colma, Village Gorilla Head are ''circus tricks''... that happens when you haven't listened a damn shit except for ''rock and roll dude'' Appetite For Destruction. None of the old members of this band (that is just one band, one [1]) have ever made an album of the greatness of the worst Buckethead album, not even closer to ''Village Gorilla head'' or even Chris Pitman's Sex Tape. Izzy, a person and musician I love, has never made anything worthy since he left the band, and now he's ''classic'' and the new guys are ''circus tricks''. what a nonsense...

I don't care how FAST or technical u can play. last I checked, music was about what u create

If you really think Buckethead is only a ''fast player'', there is no other option: you have NEVER listened to anything ever made by Buckethead. What is really curious is you already have proofs of how talented and soulful he is in one GNR album, so you dont really need to check his solo stuff.

Its simple: some people wont ever understand that a musician CAN be technical, can play with feeling and can create good music all at the same time.

Buckethead is a genius technically. And he also created 26 studio albums. Oh, and without Axl.

and what kind of impact you have on the world.

Do you really think the ''impact'' matters to judge the quality of the music?

Well, you might be the kind of guy who would choose a Jonas Brothers album rather than a Paul Gilbert one, simply because the JB can sellout stadiums and Gilbert does shows for 400 people. Good for you. You need to know there are millions of people out there who listen the same music than you, you need others to justify your conduct. Clearly not my case though.

Man, you're high.  You have to be to say the bullshit you just said.  The first Izzy solo album is heads above anything the new guys have done outside of GnR.  I've tried BH's stuff but most of it is just noodling and rambling guitar instrumentals that go nowhere.

It's obvious that you have not listened without prejudice.

now, honestly, what have you heard from the solo careers of the new guys? Have you ever heard at least ONE (1) track from each of them?

That ''i've tried BH's stuff and [,,,]'', in the best of the cases, sounds to me like you have downloaded 4 or 5 random mp3 from emule...and that's it.

Well that just shows that you don't know as much as you think you do.  I have 3 or 4 BH cds.  Electric Tears and BH and Friends are the only ones I can consistantly listen to.  The others are rubbish.  Everything Izzy has done has been solid, not the greatest ever but solid.  VGH is good, I like it.  I was not impressed with what I have heard of BBF solo.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #162 on: June 02, 2009, 04:21:17 PM »

I thought the name of the topic was best lineup ever? So we're not allowed to include any of the old lineups in this discussion without you accusing us of wanting a reunion? Cmon.
I'm not "accusing" you, but people who needs to bring up this talk in every single thread. Seriously, just reread it.

OK maybe not the Robin stuff.  But what does Fortus add that Izzy hasn't done already?  Izzy was Axl's Keith.
Fortus, nothing. You're right in this one.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #163 on: June 02, 2009, 04:21:30 PM »

Last I checked, fortus contributed absolutely nothing to CD

so for anyone to include him in guitar debate for me is just premature.

GOD you are so fucking dense.  

Some of us are actually big enough fans that we attended the shows and people may have come to like Fortus from those experiences.  Ever think of that?   You have such a narrow world view, cut the fuckin mullet.

you have to be one of the stupidest fucking posters in the history of messageboards.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #164 on: June 02, 2009, 04:22:46 PM »

until someone invents a time machine

time machine wouldn't help.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #165 on: June 02, 2009, 04:26:08 PM »

look, it's not 'dissing' Izzy to say that he lacks the technical skills to play the songs from chinese democracy.  it's being honest.  if your old-band-new-band insecurities are so great that you can't acknowledge this simple truth, then i feel sorry for you.

do you guys honestly think that axl and the new band would work so hard at creating this new music only to give up on it without it ever being played?  to hire an all-new band of older musicians who couldn't play the songs even if they wanted to?  hate to burst your bubble.  until someone invents a time machine or izzy stradlin starts taking shred lessons, your dream of izzy performing chinese demcoracy is just that... a dream. 

How does he lack the technical skills to plug in and play rhythm guitar?  

Most of the guys that created CD are gone.  I saw Robin with NIN the other night and he looked quite at home with Trent.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #166 on: June 02, 2009, 04:27:42 PM »

until someone invents a time machine

time machine wouldn't help.

Leave and let the grown ups talk, sweetie.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #167 on: June 02, 2009, 04:31:06 PM »

How does he lack the technical skills to plug in and play rhythm guitar?  

look, if i was forming a rolling stones cover band, izzy would be the first person i'd call. 

however chinese democracy features epic songs with more than three chords and lots of technical skill required.  if izzy could make that kind of music, why hasn't he done it?  if izzy was capable of making music like this i love, then maybe axl would have found a place for him in the band. 

it's not putting the guy down to say that he doesn't play that kind of music.  no matter how much you personally love izzy or long for 1988, he simply does not have the skill to play finger sweeps on a fretless guitar.  sorry to crush your dreams.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #168 on: June 02, 2009, 04:34:38 PM »

Some old sods are more immature than some youngsters. hihi

Most of the guys that created CD are gone.  I saw Robin with NIN the other night and he looked quite at home with Trent.

some and not most. the stage would be too crowded if they weren't.
so did he with GNR.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #169 on: June 02, 2009, 04:39:12 PM »

^ Try Village Gorilla Head. To me, it's light years ahead of any Izzy album.

Are you trying to pass off this opinion as fact? Remember, you're against that kind of thing.

Oh really? And what about your perpection of what a virtuoso is? You said once how Bumblefoot is not a virtuoso, which clearly show how you have no clue what you're talking about.
Also nice to see you avoiding arguments with sarcasm shit. Nice try.

Argument?

As far as I'm concerned, there is no argument. Just you trying to pick fights with anyone who doesn't agree with you. Nice try.

Esteban already pointed out, but you seem to like to bring the other thread to this. Really, taking cheap shots doesn't help your trolling.

You lost me here. Besides, aren't you bringing my BBF "virtuoso" comments from another thread?

Umm ... yeah. Think you are.   ok
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 04:41:33 PM by -Rob- » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #170 on: June 02, 2009, 04:41:46 PM »

Last I checked, fortus contributed absolutely nothing to CD

so for anyone to include him in guitar debate for me is just premature.

GOD you are so fucking dense.  

Some of us are actually big enough fans that we attended the shows and people may have come to like Fortus from those experiences.  Ever think of that?   You have such a narrow world view, cut the fuckin mullet.

you have to be one of the stupidest fucking posters in the history of messageboards.

WOW, look at the insult guy coming out! Everyone here is having nice conversation, and here comes the same person who throws insults in EVERY thread.

negative karma for Jim Bob please mods?

Fortus has contributed NOTHING to GNR's success. He stands onstage and plays a bunch of stuff written by other musicians.

that doesn't make u great or better than anybody.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #171 on: June 02, 2009, 04:46:31 PM »

Fortus has contributed NOTHING to GNR's success. He stands onstage and plays a bunch of stuff written by other musicians.

You should be glad you're not kicked out for shit like that.

Talk about ignorance.

This thread is over.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: