Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 10:24:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R confirmed for Rock In Rio 2011 (October 2)
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R confirmed for Rock In Rio 2011 (October 2)  (Read 240369 times)
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1460 on: October 05, 2011, 09:13:14 AM »

I don't think there are people 'hating' or being negative about Axl or the band on this forum. This is a discussion board and fans can clearly see the few things that weren't great about this show and wish to discuss it with other fans. You can still have a critical opinion on GNR and still be a fan. Some people seem to get annoyed at people criticising the performance. It's ok, I'm sure Axl himself would admit it. But no point dwelling in it too much. There's a whole bunch of upcoming shows and I'm sure it's gonna get much better.

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1461 on: October 05, 2011, 09:13:34 AM »

I would say that he was having some serious problems with his high range in this clip. No ability to pull back the rasp.

He's a better singer in terms of technique now than he was then. I think something weird was going on the other night.
I don't know about that, I think he finds it difficult to put his signature rasp into his vocals at times.

Ok. I'm not getting into this again, but that's not how the human voice works.
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #1462 on: October 05, 2011, 10:36:24 AM »

The show was amazing. Estranged was definitely 'the live cut of the night.' Anyone have any luck locating a HQ DVD/Torrent of this awesome show yet?

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #1463 on: October 05, 2011, 11:17:09 AM »

Isn`t it time this thread got pinned surely there is nothing else to discuss some liked the show some didn`t there were good bits and bad bits The End ok
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1464 on: October 05, 2011, 11:54:49 AM »

DVD Version -> 10
MP4 Version -> 10

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #1465 on: October 05, 2011, 12:10:27 PM »

Music, a life saver:
Monday morning in Sweden, lying on my couch. Just called in sick at work. Feeling more miserable than I've done in years. Kind of a very right next door to hell/infero scenario. In my mind. Guns N' Roses. The way back from feeling almost dead and in pain. Back to life!!!
Estranged was the best!

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #1466 on: October 05, 2011, 01:00:20 PM »

The show was amazing. Estranged was definitely 'the live cut of the night.' Anyone have any luck locating a HQ DVD/Torrent of this awesome show yet?

I loved BBF's  one, two  love

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #1467 on: October 05, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »

Not that my opinion is so much important, but I'll leave it here after being there at the Rock In Rio (2011) and now seeing  the show on TV:

First of all: WHATAFUCKINGRAIN !!!

Well, here we go ...

It was cool as hell! Axl is not the same as 25 years ago, has not the same breath as 25 years ago, but he still had the balls! it's fucking fantastic! He did make some huge mistakes, like November Rain (lyrics and piano at the end, my god!), Missing the intro to Patience, and almost diying singing Better (from the first time I heard this song I thought "he can not sing it live hahaha NOT FUCKING WAY"), and the band had their mistakes too, as Ron missing the Jungle solo by trying to please a fan with that fucking mask (this was the most grotesque mistake of night, the rest was ok, it happens). The fucking rain that fell, some shows were delayed a little and the SOAD show was 40 minutes than expected, and the rain fell, and the public were tired of more than 10 hours there, they wasn't (WE, actually, because I was fucking there!)) so excited with all that and did not respond so good, but just because of this. Axl beeing fucking pissed every time he made a mistake, and you know the man for ages, his temper, now that he's older, he's even worse (hahaha) acting like a "spoiled child" and stayed that way (like in Patience). But those who know the sun of a bitch knows he's like that, so there's no reason to complain! I heard so much shit out there (midia, etc), I thought it was a big crap on TV, but it was really cool (not the best show of this band) and I came to a conclusion much briefer of why all this hatred with him and the new band (no matter who's in): The GNR and Axl were so perfect in 80/90 years, concerts, albums and all the attitude and controversy of the band itself, which it will NEVER be beaten again, so the people keep criticizing everything and everyone COMPARING with the past, every step of Axl on stage, every thing he speaks or not speak ... the same with the band members, as if the guitarist does the solo axact like the original solo, they says something like "ohhh a great hired musician, he's doing the same solo, bahhh you shit!" and if he does the solo on his own way, they'll probably say "oh look at the hired guy RUINING / KILLING the ORIGINAL solo, not even COPYIN the solo he can do it" ... so, it's complicated! We see the band doin' some songs in different ways, adding different parts and tempos , and I think it's cool as hell! Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine, KOHD ... I think it's cool, because the performance changes over the years, everything changes! So I think this haters are much more concerned with wanting to show to the world the "flaws" of this band than enjoying the show. Don't you like? OK! I do not like Iron Maiden and you won't see me standing here talking bad about the band, I just do not listen and do not care if the band ends tomorrow ... so give us a favor and do the same thing!

Axl in the early 90's used to wear a shirt that would be a nice FUCK YOU to all this negative criticism for today ... the "KILL YOUR IDOLS" shirt, with a picture of Jesus ....... I don't think I need to explain what he meant by that, right?

Thanks uncle Axl!
Renato Zangrossi, from Brazil!
 peace

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1468 on: October 05, 2011, 02:50:19 PM »

I loved BBF's  one, two  love

Me Too

peace

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1469 on: October 05, 2011, 03:21:15 PM »

I watched the whole show back again last night, and I can't believe the amazing performance GN'R put on considering the rain. I thought Ron was immense, with his SCOM solo and his Startooper antics during WTTJ, he really cracked me up.  rofl

Richard was absolutely cool as fuck, but I wished the festival had him higher in the mix, could hardly hear him at some points. But Richard is someone who you know is going to bring the goods because he just owns. Tommy was having alot of fun and it's always nice to see him rocking the bass besides Axl. DJ I thought seemed to be much more focused on his playing rather than being a "performer" which I have to say was nice to see, I thought he was more serious about giving 100% regarding his guitar playing and I thought he was overall better because of it. Frank, Chris and Dizzy all were amazing and I loved Dizzys solo, and I also loved Chris' passion and backing vocals, while Frank was on the mark as usual.

Axl was just superb, from Jungle to Paradise, his vocals were powerful and rocking. I loved his WTTJ screams, and thought he shined on songs like ISE, SCOM, Better, Estranged, The Blues, Nightrain, Brownstone and YCBM.

I think Axl and Ron are a fucking awesome duo, they feed off each other perfectly. Ron needs to get a special mention for all of his solos being spot on, his version of Estranged was like listening to the UYI CD. AMAZING.

I think this was an amazing Rio performance by Guns, the crowd were superb and Guns N' Roses were on top form... and this is one of those special shows which will be talked about for years to come.

Well done to Guns N' Roses.  love love love love

beer beer beer beer
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 03:26:06 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1470 on: October 05, 2011, 04:16:39 PM »

I love how over excited gunsguy gets... he really works hard for those backstage tickets.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
EliasM
Opening Act

« Reply #1471 on: October 05, 2011, 04:46:46 PM »

I personally think that he hurts his vocals during Live and Let Die when he screeches as long as he does, and it effects the rest of the performance. Don't get me wrong, I also think he still sings awesome, I just wonder if it could be like it used to be if they drop LALD.

Look, what people don't realize about Axl's voice is that it's always been like this at the first few shows...  Shocked

Rio 2001, Monterrey 2007 and now Rio 2011. This is the start of a long tour, so Axl's voice has to take shape and work it's way around to his signature state. Axl hasn't been putting on 2 and a half hour rock concerts regularly for a long time, so it's just got to work to get there.

look, even though what you said it's true, i don't think that's a good thing... i have tickets for the next saturday show and i didn't spend a lot of money to see him warming up for the us tour, i wanna see him in top form (maybe not at 100%, but at least at 80%)

What the fuck... rofl

Mate, your going to see Axl Rose, a living legend, and Guns N' Roses the most iconic rock band ever. You should feel honoured to be in GN'R's presence, let alone complain about stuff. Roll Eyes

If this is the attitude of some so called fans, just don't go to the shows, and let the true fans gain access to the tickets.  rant

(FACEPALM)  rofl

Ok Wayne, we aren't worthy.

Quit with the real fan shit. Anyone who comes to this corner of the internet is probably a safe bet to be a fan of Axl and his music.

I'm in Oklahoma, and stoked to be able to see him for my first time ever coming up in November....two days before my marriage no less....and I'm feeling about the same as the person you insulted in this quote. There is not a thing wrong with having an opinion, we all make judgments and observations, some are spoken and some we keep to ourselves but it's an automatic. We judge, and by we I mean everyone.

My take?

I like Guns, and Axl specifically, because there was no bullshitting with them....they, and Axl, did it their way, on their time, by their rules. Everyone loves that, we all in a way want that. It was and is admirable. Axl has always had the balls to stand by what he believes in, damn any criticism, I appreciate that too. What baffles me though, is how this band that stood(and for me still stands) for being an individual(one in a million?  Cheesy), for approaching things with balls and fire, for pointing the finger at things that are wrong.....inspires such dreadful ball-sniffing, such lame fanboy hero worship.....it's the antithesis of what the band has stood for. I've got a mind and I'm gonna speak it, you do what you want.

Hell, Axl said it best didn't he?

"Kiss ass sycophants throwing penance at your feet".....You're posturing isn't making you a better fan, there is no competition here.

This is my first post.....HI EVERYBODY!!

P.S. - I too loved Estranged in the lineup and thought it was the best performance of the night, very glad to see it played, hope to hear it at the show I see them at. Oh My God as well.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1472 on: October 05, 2011, 05:06:11 PM »

P.S. - I too loved Estranged in the lineup and thought it was the best performance of the night, very glad to see it played, hope to hear it at the show I see them at. Oh My God as well.

Welcome to the board and yes, they might be playing my song! beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1473 on: October 05, 2011, 05:49:05 PM »

I personally think that he hurts his vocals during Live and Let Die when he screeches as long as he does, and it effects the rest of the performance. Don't get me wrong, I also think he still sings awesome, I just wonder if it could be like it used to be if they drop LALD.

Look, what people don't realize about Axl's voice is that it's always been like this at the first few shows...  Shocked

Rio 2001, Monterrey 2007 and now Rio 2011. This is the start of a long tour, so Axl's voice has to take shape and work it's way around to his signature state. Axl hasn't been putting on 2 and a half hour rock concerts regularly for a long time, so it's just got to work to get there.

look, even though what you said it's true, i don't think that's a good thing... i have tickets for the next saturday show and i didn't spend a lot of money to see him warming up for the us tour, i wanna see him in top form (maybe not at 100%, but at least at 80%)

What the fuck... rofl

Mate, your going to see Axl Rose, a living legend, and Guns N' Roses the most iconic rock band ever. You should feel honoured to be in GN'R's presence, let alone complain about stuff. Roll Eyes

If this is the attitude of some so called fans, just don't go to the shows, and let the true fans gain access to the tickets.  rant

(FACEPALM)  rofl

Quit with the real fan shit. Anyone who comes to this corner of the internet is probably a safe bet to be a fan of Axl and his music.

I'm in Oklahoma, and stoked to be able to see him for my first time ever coming up in November....two days before my marriage no less....and I'm feeling about the same as the person you insulted in this quote. There is not a thing wrong with having an opinion, we all make judgments and observations, some are spoken and some we keep to ourselves but it's an automatic. We judge, and by we I mean everyone.

My take?

I like Guns, and Axl specifically, because there was no bullshitting with them....they, and Axl, did it their way, on their time, by their rules. Everyone loves that, we all in a way want that. It was and is admirable. Axl has always had the balls to stand by what he believes in, damn any criticism, I appreciate that too. What baffles me though, is how this band that stood(and for me still stands) for being an individual(one in a million?  Cheesy), for approaching things with balls and fire, for pointing the finger at things that are wrong.....inspires such dreadful ball-sniffing, such lame fanboy hero worship.....it's the antithesis of what the band has stood for. I've got a mind and I'm gonna speak it, you do what you want.

"Kiss ass sycophants throwing penance at your feet".....You're posturing isn't making you a better fan, there is no competition here.

People around here know I'm not a kiss ass fan boy who never see's GN'R doing no wrong.  hihi

With me having the Finckster as my avatar, an ex member, rather than a current member should be more than enough evidence that I'm not a kiss ass. Anyway, if me giving a positive review of Rio, hurts you so much that's too bad. I still stand by my comment, if you have already made your mind up about Axl and GN'R, don't go to the show, and leave the opportunity open for people who like this version of the band to go.

If people are going to start complaining about things about the show that are trivial and make no sense, then I don't know why you are on a GN'R forum. There's a difference in being a fan boy, to a fan who see's things fairly and clearly. I express my opinions on certain things about GN'R when I feel like it's true to what I feel. I don't censor my views, based on being afraid to anger certain people.

I thought GN'R were on fire at Rock In Rio, and to get people complaining about getting that performance at an upcoming show, baffles me to bits. What do you want, some people would pay to just see Axl Rose in person, because that's how much he means to us.

I'm sorry if GN'R fans who love Axl and GN'R, get in your way of being critical, oh realistic one.  Roll Eyes  rofl
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 05:50:37 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
EliasM
Opening Act

« Reply #1474 on: October 05, 2011, 06:01:55 PM »

What the fuck... rofl

(FACEPALM)  rofl

My take?

People around here know I'm not a kiss ass fan boy who never see's GN'R doing no wrong.  hihi

With me having the Finckster as my avatar, an ex member, rather than a current member should be more than enough evidence that I'm not a kiss ass. Anyway, if me giving a positive review of Rio, hurts you so much that's too bad. I still stand by my comment, if you have already made your mind up about Axl and GN'R, don't go to the show, and leave the opportunity open for people who like this version of the band to go.

If people are going to start complaining about things about the show that are trivial and make no sense, then I don't know why you are on a GN'R forum. There's a difference in being a fan boy, to a fan who see's things fairly and clearly. I express my opinions on certain things about GN'R when I feel like it's true to what I feel. I don't censor my views, based on being afraid to anger certain people.

I thought GN'R were on fire at Rock In Rio, and to get people complaining about getting that performance at an upcoming show, baffles me to bits. What do you want, some people would pay to just see Axl Rose in person, because that's how much he means to us.

I'm sorry if GN'R fans who love Axl and GN'R, get in your way of being critical, oh realistic one.  Roll Eyes  rofl

Well absolutely you are free to your opinion....absolutely. If you think the show was great......great. Thing is though, other people aren't attacking you for holding that opinion, you are going around attacking others for theirs and declaring yourself some sort of "super fan" who is obviously more of a fan because they voiced a criticism that you seem to think is invalid and shows those people to be "haters"(or whatever equivalent term you'd choose). Is that fair?

And no, you giving a positive review doesn't hurt me a bit? Why would it? Because it hurts you when people say something negative?

I try not to tie my self-worth/self-esteem/whatever into what people may say about Guns N Roses.....

Nobody is "offended" by your positive review, I'm glad for whoever enjoyed it, and I'm sure it still would have been fun and memorable to be there. What does offend people though is your little sneaked in comments about how if someone voices a single criticism they must not be "down with the new band", they aren't "real fans". It's lame, and fanboyish.

Also you aren't being honest, in earlier posts on this thread you acknowledge some of the issues that affected the performance, but since then have dug in your heels to "defend G'N'R's honor" and have went overboard in hyping up the show to attempt to counteract the criticism.

"Oh yeah, you didn't like that? Well I thought it was the greatest thing that ever happened ever!!!"

A touch much, a touch dramatic. To each their own, but turn about is fair play....
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1475 on: October 05, 2011, 06:53:27 PM »

I've pointed out numerous times in this thread why Axl couldn't read the lyrics, which was because of the moniters. I've also pointed out in this thread why Axl's voice was a different tone in places than usual, and this is because it needs time to find it's balance. But some people choose to ignore this and choose to go deeper and attack Axl and GN'R for this and that, which is totally wrong.  yes

You've got people complaining about getting a similar show, where other people would die just to get a GN'R show, period...  Roll Eyes

I choose to look for plausible answers as to why some things happened the other night. Where as some people find it as an opportunity to jump on the bandwagon to attack Guns. And just because I noticed the things that went wrong the other night, doesn't mean I can't give a good review based on the actual performance merit, and overal show.

But I'm sorry if you wanted me to join in with the other "realists" and attack GN'R for the weather.  hihi  rofl
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 06:55:34 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
EliasM
Opening Act

« Reply #1476 on: October 05, 2011, 07:05:11 PM »

You create excellent strawman arguments.....well done. Being that I'm a "realist" living in the "real world" I'm not debating that GnR is to blame for the weather, just their own spotty performance.

I thought the performance could have been better, weather was a factor, but there were others that weighed heavier IN MY OPINION. It wasn't the end of the world, but I've certainly seen better from them and hope to again, I'm not even saying that I won't.

In saying this though, I don't view people who thought it was a good show a less intelligent or less of a fan than myself, I certainly don't agree with them but I'm not bringing out the torches and pitchforks like yourself.
Annie
« Reply #1477 on: October 05, 2011, 07:57:38 PM »

I was so taken with the performance that I honestly did not notice any mistakes. And when I was talking about negativity on the internet, it was not directed at people on this site. It was another GNR messageboard that had alot of hateful comments and tabloid crap. I was more upset about the tabloid crap then fans opininons.
EliasM
Opening Act

« Reply #1478 on: October 05, 2011, 08:41:41 PM »

I was so taken with the performance that I honestly did not notice any mistakes. And when I was talking about negativity on the internet, it was not directed at people on this site. It was another GNR messageboard that had alot of hateful comments and tabloid crap. I was more upset about the tabloid crap then fans opininons.

That's cool and completely understandable. I know there are people out there who really just enjoy kicking around the band and Axl in particular, but be that as it may it can't stop us(if we feel so inclined, and are not acting out an agenda) from voicing a criticism. I'm quick with the praise too, but I'm a critical guy, I make judgments. I only get aggravated when people pull out the "real fan" stuff, it's irritating and juvenile. Especially in the cases where that person is not espousing an opinion but rather pushing an agenda of their own.

Axl is a cynic too.....I don't think he'd fault me for it.
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #1479 on: October 06, 2011, 04:36:34 AM »

I personally think that the current lineup is the tightest unit that GNR has been since the Illusion days and I really like them. But even I noticed that their RIR4 performance was flawed. Just because all the flaws can be explained by factors like teleprompters not working and weather issues, doesn't make it any less of a fact that because of these issues, the performance suffered. Period. I saw Guns in my hometown Helsinki last year and the band was on top form then, even though it was pretty cold (it was june fifth and still the temperature was about 15 celsius) so I know that Guns can sound better and I know they WILL do better as the tour progresses.

One.In.A.Million needs to stop taking differing opinions so damn personally. Trust me dude, you'll only wear yourself out in the end..

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: