Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:37:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  You can't put your arms around a memory
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: You can't put your arms around a memory  (Read 6543 times)
MsDuffMckagan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: August 30, 2004, 03:58:15 PM »

I was just wondering, does anyone else here love the way Duff covered that song?
I think its a very good song, and made me really love The Spaghetti Incident?...
Anyone agree?
Erin
Jaded
Rocker

Going 'straight' will get you nowhere

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 04:16:16 PM »

erm... i'm not too keen on that one i have to say.
BUT NEW ROSE AND ATTITUDE ARE BRILLIANT!!!!!!

It's evolution, baby!
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 05:32:50 PM »

New Rose is a great song Aint It Fun has really grown on me recently

EEEERRRR Little boy
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 06:36:16 PM »

I like duff's version of YCPYAAM, I think his voice is underrated. Alot of people on this board tend to disagree.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
MsDuffMckagan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2004, 07:40:12 PM »

I like duff's version of YCPYAAM, I think his voice is underrated. Alot of people on this board tend to disagree.

I agree with you. I think he sounds very vulnerable in that song if you ask me.. I just love the words of the song and just how he puts so much emotion in it!  ok

Attitude is great! I love it...New Rose, is OK, I like Attitude and Memory better.

Ain't It Fun is just an amazing song all around. Axl's voice in it is so diffrent than his normal one. And I like how Michael Monroe is in it too...Yup great song!
Erin
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2004, 08:54:47 PM »

i love that song.. You cant put your arms around a memory and aint it fun are my fav tracks from the album.. ycpyaam is a very very nice song..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
sergejg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2004, 12:28:25 PM »

I don't like the way he sings "slow" songs. He sounds awesome in attitude for example, but I definatley hate Duff's voice when he sings ballads. He has like this strange classic punk sound.
Jaded
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2004, 04:57:50 PM »

my favourite songs from TSI are...
New Rose
Down On The Farm
Human Being
Attitude
Hair Of The Dog
I Don't Care About You

...but i do love the whole album...with the exception of YCPYAAAM and Ain't It Fun
xx

It's evolution, baby!
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2004, 07:26:00 PM »

YCPYAAAM is the worst song in TSI? He should've included that song in his solo album " Believe in Me" like it was planned.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2004, 02:44:47 AM »

its a fucking great song, i dont get it

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
sergejg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2004, 02:28:44 PM »

YCPYAAAM is the worst song in TSI? He should've included that song in his solo album " Believe in Me" like it was planned.

totally agree with you. I was listening to the crappy "belive in me" I think it would have been a better solo album if he didn't sing in all the songs (I insist, only songs like "punk rock song" sound cool with his type of voice"). TSI? is an album that I actually enjoy, but I always skip that Duff Song. Who the hell is Jhonny by the way?
gypsy eyes
Headliner

proud to be a llama!

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2004, 03:32:30 PM »

totally agree with you. I was listening to the crappy "belive in me" I think it would have been a better solo album if he didn't sing in all the songs (I insist, only songs like "punk rock song" sound cool with his type of voice"). TSI? is an album that I actually enjoy, but I always skip that Duff Song. Who the hell is Jhonny by the way?

Johnny Thunders, think of the NY Dolls or The Heartbreakers or just his solo work, check out Hurt Me, killer record ok

but fine, YCPYAAAM... waaaaaaaay too long for a songtittle btw hihi i like the origianly song but I don't like duff's version. It's a cool song, not that special, nice lyrics but not an outstanding JT song... If Duff wantd a song with that mood he should have covered Johnny's Alone In A Crowd love

I do love his voice in Attitude, not just because it's a punky song, his voice can sound good in soft songs too (listen to MitM, Rain or Hope - those high notes! drool) but I just don't think his voice suits that song... plus he sounds so drunk, I hate his voice like that... he has a very nice voice but when it sounded so drunk he was a real crappy singer... that's prolly why so many people hate BIM... too bad, if they'd look beyond that and listen to Duff's REAL SOBER voice they'd hear he's actually very good (again: RAIN! SEATTLE HEAD!! THEN AND NOW!!!)

by the way, why do so many people seem to dislike Ain't It Fun? I LOVE that song... but then again I love the Dead Boys? hihi? If you don't know the song yet is it hard to get the feel of it or what? why don't people like it?  Cry

You got something to say to me
Well say it to my face
I'm so sick of society
That says me I'm out of place
MsDuffMckagan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2004, 07:43:56 PM »

Johnny Thunders, think of the NY Dolls or The Heartbreakers or just his solo work, check out Hurt Me, killer record ok

but fine, YCPYAAAM... waaaaaaaay too long for a songtittle btw hihi i like the origianly song but I don't like duff's version. It's a cool song, not that special, nice lyrics but not an outstanding JT song... If Duff wantd a song with that mood he should have covered Johnny's Alone In A Crowd love

I do love his voice in Attitude, not just because it's a punky song, his voice can sound good in soft songs too (listen to MitM, Rain or Hope - those high notes! drool) but I just don't think his voice suits that song... plus he sounds so drunk, I hate his voice like that... he has a very nice voice but when it sounded so drunk he was a real crappy singer... that's prolly why so many people hate BIM... too bad, if they'd look beyond that and listen to Duff's REAL SOBER voice they'd hear he's actually very good (again: RAIN! SEATTLE HEAD!! THEN AND NOW!!!)

by the way, why do so many people seem to dislike Ain't It Fun? I LOVE that song... but then again I love the Dead Boys? hihi? If you don't know the song yet is it hard to get the feel of it or what? why don't people like it?? Cry

LOL Thanks for all the info....and I agree, Ain't It Fun is an AMAZING song. I love it! You have to forgive me, but are the songs you listed on Believe In Me or a GnR album..I don't have all the GnR cd's yet, so Im not sure...
But hey Im glad some people agree with me that they like YCPYAAAM, and even the ones who don't hey thats cool too! But I think most of us agree though, Duff has an awesome voice...just has to be the right song!
Erin
Jaded
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2004, 12:28:42 PM »

ain't it fun... just not my thing
i'm not saqying it's a bad song cos it's not

It's evolution, baby!
sergejg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2004, 07:40:49 PM »

LOL Thanks for all the info....and I agree, Ain't It Fun is an AMAZING song. I love it! You have to forgive me, but are the songs you listed on Believe In Me or a GnR album..I don't have all the GnR cd's yet, so Im not sure...
But hey Im glad some people agree with me that they like YCPYAAAM, and even the ones who don't hey thats cool too! But I think most of us agree though, Duff has an awesome voice...just has to be the right song!
Erin

The songs that gypsy talk about are not from GNR (I think Huh ). I love Man in the Medow (MitM) from the "Belive in Me" album. I was just listening yesterday that album and I think it would be the best GNR solo album if only Duff hadn't done the vocals in most of the songs. For example the song that Lenny Kravitz sing is really amazing. But the music of all the songs really rock!

I will check out those NY Dolls and the Heartbreakers, never heard of those bands before, only something about Izzy ditching a gig with them or something like that.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: