Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:00:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  A point on why GnR split? (a rant)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A point on why GnR split? (a rant)  (Read 6216 times)
Siliconmessiah
« on: March 05, 2006, 07:37:03 AM »

Life is sometimes a bitch. And we all have to work hard to achieve our goals.
Apparently, some of G&R?s old members disagreed.
It was sex, drugs & rock ?n roll. Too much of it, actually.
I?m sure Izzy, Slash, Duff and Matt got their ultimatums and their chances.

Yes. Sex, drugs & rock ?n roll is a part of (almost) everyones life. But as always, there has to be balance.
That balance was not stable for G&R back in the 90?s.

Guns & Roses did right to call it a day back in ?94. They had built to heaven, but started to fall apart.
The coach (Axl) decided to step on the brake. That was a good choice made.

Guns & Roses is like a soccer-team. The coach must get the "best out of the players", and "the best players out there".
Simple as that. And that has been made now, when it?s 2006.
We have seen the potential of the new G&R. Their new songs and the shows back in 20002. And we can all rest assured.
This will be something over the rainbow.

Just take it easy. It?s music, work and entertainment.
Remember, Guns & Roses are far from finished...

/
sil
Origen
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 07:40:16 AM »

So pointless thread, just explaining how much your in love with Axl
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 07:43:07 AM »

In love with Axl? Nah, actually. I have both a life and a girlfriend.
But he?s a great musician though.
My point and question for the other board members is that some of the original teams players  might have failed to qualify, and got transferlisted...  peace
ElNonoPololo
Headliner

Here Today...I guess

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 08:22:53 AM »

If you think the band broke up because everybody was doing too many drugs except for Axl, the sage coach who always played for the team, you are fucking delusional... no

The band fell like the Hinderburg, and it was partly everybody?s fault. But, personally, I think Axl?s ego and inestability played the biggest part.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 08:45:22 AM »

Different musical directions inevitably played a big part ( among other reasons) in their split. I remember an interview with Shash fom 95-96 where he was criticizing Axl for wanting to sound like Pearl Jam. Slash was explaining that the songs he wrote for snakepit (1st album) were ment for GNR, but it diddnt work.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Origen
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 08:47:08 AM »

If you think the band broke up because everybody was doing too many drugs except for Axl, the sage coach who always played for the team, you are fucking delusional... no

The band fell like the Hinderburg, and it was partly everybody?s fault. But, personally, I think Axl?s ego and inestability played the biggest part.

Agreed. Duff was totally clean by 1994, Slash had a shit load of material thad he had to release his pashion somehow so he formed Snakepit.

Wasn't there some guy who was recording during the same time as GnR and he said by 1996/7 they hadn't even pressed the record button. Axl would sleep through the day and only come in the studio at night ?

When your entire band walks out on you one by one after years of waiting, and it takes you 15+ years to release another album then what does that tell you.

I'm not saying it's all Axls fault, but I think his ego/vision what ever you want to call it destroyed GnR.

That's my view Siliconmessiah  ok
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 08:48:54 AM by Origen » Logged
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 09:17:04 AM »

Well, you know what they say...

"When the going gets tough, no one runs away faster than Slash and Duff..."

At least Axl's still here, and he's the reason we're gonna be hearing the classic tunes again this summer.  beer
tat2d1
Opening Act

i don't give a fuck

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 09:17:48 AM »

the other guys apparently didn't want to be a part of axl's vision. it would be difficult to play music you're not into i would imagine. i wish they would've been able to keep it together and slash, duff, & the rest could've had their own side projects while GnR has down time. unfortunately, that's not the way it worked out. However, i do think the new band kicks ass, and i think axl found a great "supporting cast" to help him with his "vision". Just because the other guys didn't want to be a part of it anymore doesn't mean that axl should have to give up on something he worked hard to create ( i know his accomplishments weren't achieved on his own, but i think most of you know what i mean).

Once there was this rock n roll band rollin' on the streets. Time went by and it became a joke. They just needed more and more fulfilling,uh huh. Time went by, it all went up in smoke.....
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 11:26:30 AM »

Ok, this is a pointless thread. Why do some members here continually bash Axl or Slash? Give it up already. All parties were at fault for breaking up one of the GREATEST bands ever.  They each had played a part in being a hero and villian. It's time to move on now with the new material by the new GNR and VR. In addition, I bet some people here would take back their comments if the old GNR  were ever to reunite, which is a possibility.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006, 11:39:07 AM »

rofl
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2006, 12:11:17 PM »

Well, you know what they say...

"When the going gets tough, no one runs away faster than Slash and Duff..."

Buckethead runs pretty fast too.

Ok so slash waited Five years since illusions was released?  And Duff waited six?

Its not like they didn't Try Really Hard to stick it out.  Sure they might have not tried really hard to come up with non-recycled old GNR material, but they did stick it out for a long time. 

I used to think of Izzy as the reason why it failed, but finally listening to Gilby's album Pawnshop guitars, Maybe Axl shouldn't have fired him for Paul.  I mean I'd take anysong on that album anyday over Pauls main riff on "oh my god"

But Axl wants his industrial rock to overpower his classic rock, so I guess I can't complain, I love a lot of the new shit anyway.
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2006, 12:29:54 PM »

I bet some people here would take back their comments if the old GNR  were ever to reunite, which is a possibility.

I won?t go on, starting bashing like everyone tends to do around here.
But if you?ve followed the music scene around GNR/VR for the latest six years, you should be able to tell this:

Guns n Roses will never, ever in this world re-unite.
That?s it, actually.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2006, 12:31:25 PM »

axl should have just ended the band when he couldn't get along with his mates... it would be like the four tops losing three people and still calling it the four tops.. Creative differences drug abuse ego maniacs etc is all reasons why bands end

You don't hear david gillmoure calling his new album pink floyd..

it's about respect, and it doesn't matter if guys leave all at once or one eevry year when it's over it's over..... it started with izzy and then on.. back during the illusions era I could understand hanging on because they had major albums out there and lots of responsibility.. I love axl's voice, lov ehow he fronted gnr but he should have just let it go and started off fresh, he chose a new abnd he might as well have used a new name.. ?1 man is not a band that started from 5
There Was A Time
Opening Act

Lonely Teardrops Calling Me.....

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2006, 12:35:22 PM »

Theres no one person to blame it was all parties involved.... theres nothing u can do now so just move on and worry about the new gnr makin it through a tour!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2006, 12:42:12 PM »

Theres no one person to blame it was all parties involved.... theres nothing u can do now so just move on and worry about the new gnr makin it through a tour!

I'd like to see axl make it through a NA tour without fucking up his last stand
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2006, 01:06:01 PM »

As far as I know, no band has ever made more than several great albums without changing the direction completely. Tell me if any.

I imagine that any band, at some point, suffers the burnout of the musical chemistry among the members.
The more intense the band is, the quicker it exhausts the sparkle of ideas.

I agree that  the spilit should be end up having good consequences. 
And we are seeing the end of the rainbow.
tat2d1
Opening Act

i don't give a fuck

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2006, 01:39:30 PM »

As far as I know, no band has ever made more than several great albums without changing the direction completely. Tell me if any.

AC/DC. Their shit never changes. They're a good band, but they sure aren't musical geniuses, and that's ok. I can appreciate some good ol' 3 chord guitar driven rock n roll, it's actually what i prefer most of the time.

Once there was this rock n roll band rollin' on the streets. Time went by and it became a joke. They just needed more and more fulfilling,uh huh. Time went by, it all went up in smoke.....
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2006, 01:51:20 PM »

AC/DC. Their shit never changes. They're a good band, but they sure aren't musical geniuses, and that's ok. I can appreciate some good ol' 3 chord guitar driven rock n roll, it's actually what i prefer most of the time.

And yeah, I can't listen to their new stuff.  I wouldn't call it anything great at all.  Same thing with Kiss and they did try changing directions many times. 
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2006, 08:04:02 AM »

Just get over it man. They've split, end of story. Now let's turn to the future.

Only 5 people on this planet know why they went separate ways. So I guess we will never know.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: