Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:58:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  A quick question!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A quick question!!!  (Read 1733 times)
elvistcb
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: March 15, 2006, 03:47:51 PM »

Hi, im new to the board and would like to say hi, im from the UK and been in to GNR for as long as i can remember... I was just wondering why do you think Axl has been so determined to keep the GNR name? I mean it seems silly to me, as he's changed the band, and from what tracks ive heard he's changed the sound too... Obviously the GNR name brings in a lot of money, but i think at this time if he was to just call the band 'Axl' it would still work. A lot of the old GNR fans have turned their backs on Axl as he is carrying on without slash and co, so surly it would be beneficial to say 'gnr was yesterday, im axl formely of gnr, and ive made a fucking kick ass album with my new friends, every fucker go out and buy it' .... sorry for going on.. just be interesting to hear your views...
many thanks
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 03:50:37 PM »

I don't know maybe cause...

he believes that if he's in the band then it's automatically guns n' roses.

Why has Black Sabbath kept the same band name with so many line-up changes?

Guns N' Roses aren't the only ones.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 03:53:18 PM by Markus Asraelius » Logged
Olorin
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 05:14:08 PM »

The more I listen to the new stuff I wish he had changed the name.

I really like the new material and I have followed Axl for the last 8 years and been so excited about Chinese Democracy, but more and more lately I'm beginning to realise no matter how great this new stuff is and will be, it just aint GN'R.

I also think it is a injust to the people who have worked on this to call it GN'R, they just won't get the credit they deserve.

I am fully aware of the evolution of GN'R since 1986, of the changing faces etc. etc., but this is an Axl Rose solo project at best, if its not that then it must be a group/band project - so give that group their own identity. I have lived and breathed Guns N' Roses for the last 19 years, I'm 26 now, I have my body tatooed with GN'R, I am a die hard and lately I have listened to nothing but the new material, I love it and I am a fan of Axl but... I can't stop feeling I'm listening to new Axl Rose music and not new Guns N' Roses music.

The man would have a hell of an easier time of it if he just let it go, he consistantly piles unnecessary pressure on himself and clinging on to the brandname of GN'R is a prime example.? Its like Roger Waters calling himself and his backing band Pink Floyd, which would be absurd. The fact is there are more members of Guns N' Roses in Velvet Revolver than there are in GN'R. I dont even like VR, their album was poor, the new Axl Rose material blows their shit not only out of the water, but off the fucking planet.
Still isnt Guns N'Roses though.

I dunno, I will be at Donnington, right down the front, ready to go fuckin nuts, but I won't be seeing Guns N' Fuckin' Roses Motherfucker - I'll be seeing W. Axl Rose.

Man, I would fuckin' kill to see GN'F'nR's live at Donnington.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 05:16:02 PM by Olorin » Logged
cheeser
Rocker

Guns N' Roses

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 10:47:26 PM »

Mygnr.com

heretodaygonetohell.com

etc, etc....

not the websites per se, but more of the following....Guns was so huge then just disappeard, they are almost mythical.  He knows how big they were and how big they can still be with the following it has.  any solo artists has his or her following, but alot of times doesnt have the success that their former bands once had.  With the name guns n' roses, he can attract big names to his band (like buckethead) and not really have to worry about mediocre musicians that might come along in the solo career.

All the love in the world couldn't save you...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: