Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:45:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Web world discussion : Should children be chipped ?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Web world discussion : Should children be chipped ?  (Read 6430 times)
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2007, 05:28:47 AM »

Mataphysical question, but isn't it a breech of human rights to let child killers have human rights ?

Isn't it a breech of human rights to deprive children ( or adults) of human rights when victimized ?

I do think it could work in case of kidnappings if a child had one, i'm not saying each child should have one but it should be at the parent's discretion to have one implemanted or not...

Interpol is very worried with nowadays cellphones with the 3G technology.

Terrorists, pedophiles and all harcore criminals have been given a technology that leaves absolutely no traces?

So what happens when criminals have in fact more rights than a lamda citizen ?

What can people do ?

jessica, there are no "genuine criminals". you're not born a criminal.
and you are opposing criminal's right to the victims, as they are two groups.
"criminal" is not a state of being, it's a legal statu regarding the society at ONE POINT. a very specific moment.
don't listen to sarkozy.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2007, 10:32:41 AM »

What a coincidence, I just had my kids fingerprinted this weekend.  Not so much for their safety, but for everyone else's.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2007, 11:08:44 AM »

And to be honest, if you don't have problems withthe law, stop thinking you interest them, that's the problem with many people, they think their life is interesting enough so people will snoop into their lifes..

Do you really think they give a shit ?
In the US , one of our fundamental rights is the right to privacy . It doesn't matter whether one has problems  with the law or not .
I for one will not give that right up . It amazes me just how willing our European brothers are to let their Gov. intrude in their lives . People willing to give DNA samples to help capture criminals ? WTF , if they want my DNA they can shoot my ass and then scrape the blood up off the street .

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2007, 11:54:28 AM »

HAHA !

And you people think that the Patriot Act invades peoples privacy and is unconsitutional ?

Come on, now.

Society is getting worse and will not get any better. this much is true. But putting microchips into human beings to constantly monitor there whereabouts ?!

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2007, 02:06:08 PM »

Mataphysical question, but isn't it a breech of human rights to let child killers have human rights ?

Isn't it a breech of human rights to deprive children ( or adults) of human rights when victimized ?

I do think it could work in case of kidnappings if a child had one, i'm not saying each child should have one but it should be at the parent's discretion to have one implemanted or not...

Interpol is very worried with nowadays cellphones with the 3G technology.

Terrorists, pedophiles and all harcore criminals have been given a technology that leaves absolutely no traces?

So what happens when criminals have in fact more rights than a lamda citizen ?

What can people do ?

jessica, there are no "genuine criminals". you're not born a criminal.
and you are opposing criminal's right to the victims, as they are two groups.
"criminal" is not a state of being, it's a legal statu regarding the society at ONE POINT. a very specific moment.
don't listen to sarkozy.

Say that to parents of the little jamie in england who was kidnapped and MASSACRED by two 6 year olds.
Say that to parents of a schoolboy in france age 6 who was raped by another pupil of 11.

Actually, if you want a truth you may not want to accept, USA has develloped a brain scanner some 15 years ago and they have since done research on prisonners. The scanner shows different colors for zones of the brain and when one malfunctions, it shows and when one doesn't function at all, it shows another color.
Wether yo ulike it or not, in cases of serial killers and sadists, the scan shows the front lobe doesn't work whereas a zone that wouldnt usually work for normal people, situated towards the back of the brain, is actually working.

so basically, these people have a " defect/default", just like machines, they were not well enough fabricated, denegerated.

incurable.

Nothing to say
SLCPUNK
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2007, 02:10:07 PM »

In the US , one of our fundamental rights is the right to privacy . It doesn't matter whether one has problems  with the law or not .
I for one will not give that right up . It amazes me just how willing our European brothers are to let their Gov. intrude in their lives . People willing to give DNA samples to help capture criminals ? WTF , if they want my DNA they can shoot my ass and then scrape the blood up off the street .

You're nuts man, I should hook you up to my brain scanner....... Shocked
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2007, 02:19:48 PM »

I see it everywhere !

A lot of parents want their children microchipped so they can be located instantly in case of drama or if they were to get lost.

Discuss

No.  I don't want anyone to be "chipped."  Perhaps good parenting would be a better option? 

On a similar topic, however, I would be in favor of chastity belts.  hihi

Very interesting discussion - I hope it can remain mature...

Don't count on it (see my comment immediately above).  hihi

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2007, 03:54:19 PM »

In the US , one of our fundamental rights is the right to privacy . It doesn't matter whether one has problems with the law or not .

You're nuts man, I should hook you up to my brain scanner....... Shocked

It would just show color in the back of my brain . Wink

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2007, 04:18:49 PM »

The idea is insane and cruel
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2007, 06:08:25 PM »

well, insane and cruel, but then, it is a debate all over the net and coming from all over the world.

Parents worry more than ever.

So, in a way, place yourself into their shoes, can you blame them for trying to calm their anxiety ?

No one found a solution to the problem yet, so people are now thinking about extreme measures.

Have you got a better solution ?

Nothing to say
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2007, 06:16:45 PM »

well, insane and cruel, but then, it is a debate all over the net and coming from all over the world.

Parents worry more than ever.

So, in a way, place yourself into their shoes, can you blame them for trying to calm their anxiety ?

No one found a solution to the problem yet, so people are now thinking about extreme measures.

Have you got a better solution ?

yeah i blame them
these parents have no problems. they're stupid fakers.
these are all fake issues from our rotten decadent western societies.
we're creating fake problems were we chip kids.

parents? they're anxious? don't make babies. or chill out.

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2007, 06:54:02 PM »

I would never chip my kid. Ever. The idea IS insane and cruel.

gnrevolution.com
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2007, 07:21:23 PM »

i knew this debate was going to be interesting.

Personally, i wouldn't let my son out of sight and i trust very few people, there are even some in my own family i wouldnt leave him to ( for various reasons).

Then, he'll have to be warned about things ,as gently as possible, but creeps are clever, so kids have to be cleverer.

I don(t think it's necessary to chip my kid.

But i do understand parents who are scared, especially in england, where newspapers have sordid stories of kid abducted ( like a little girl two years ago, literraly stolen from her bath as the window was open, her mother had just gone to fetch something. It took 15 mn for the guy to abduct her, take her in a car, go in a backstreet, rape her twice and leave her naked in a dark alleyway outside) almost every day.

Also, as a parent myself, if something had happened to my kid, not knowing would drive me insane.

Not having a body would drive me insane.

In this particular case, when kids die, my mind wanders towards the opposite, because i know how hard it is for parents to live without answers and not burying a child they know/think dead.

It's difficult really.

There is this big brother fear some have, there is this politically correct attitude that favors criminals nowadays too, there is the fear something worst could come out of it, etc etc..

Question time :

What is so wrong in monitoring what children do ?
After all, the law says they are legally dependant of their parents until their 18th birthday, therefore, not free and must obey home rules ( unless insane of course).

Nothing to say
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2007, 09:50:56 PM »

As far as technology is concerned, there are always two sides to the coin. If the application is critical and the technology can be misused, don't do it.

Exactly. Go ahead, chip your kids. I'm sure the chip will come with a little hand-held device so you can monitor your little mutant at all times. And I'm sure that within five minutes of such a device becoming available, someone will mod them to display the information from every chip within a given radius. You'd be handing the tech-savvy pervert a menu. But hey, the illusion of safety sure is reassuring.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2007, 11:33:20 PM »

i knew this debate was going to be interesting.

Personally, i wouldn't let my son out of sight and i trust very few people, there are even some in my own family i wouldnt leave him to ( for various reasons).

Then, he'll have to be warned about things ,as gently as possible, but creeps are clever, so kids have to be cleverer.

I don(t think it's necessary to chip my kid.

But i do understand parents who are scared, especially in england, where newspapers have sordid stories of kid abducted ( like a little girl two years ago, literraly stolen from her bath as the window was open, her mother had just gone to fetch something. It took 15 mn for the guy to abduct her, take her in a car, go in a backstreet, rape her twice and leave her naked in a dark alleyway outside) almost every day.

Also, as a parent myself, if something had happened to my kid, not knowing would drive me insane.

Not having a body would drive me insane.

In this particular case, when kids die, my mind wanders towards the opposite, because i know how hard it is for parents to live without answers and not burying a child they know/think dead.

It's difficult really.

There is this big brother fear some have, there is this politically correct attitude that favors criminals nowadays too, there is the fear something worst could come out of it, etc etc..

Question time :

What is so wrong in monitoring what children do ?
After all, the law says they are legally dependant of their parents until their 18th birthday, therefore, not free and must obey home rules ( unless insane of course).

If you want to let your personal fears control other peoples lives, that's your problem. There is no debate here in my opinion.

If I ever had a kid I would respect him/her to let his/her personal space be his own. There have always been deaths in the world.. I can't even imagine what my life would be like if I had been chipped as a child. It's foolish and overly paranoid.

You have authority over your kids... but they aren't objects. People should be able to draw a line. Doesn't seem too hard to figure out what's right here.

As far as technology is concerned, there are always two sides to the coin. If the application is critical and the technology can be misused, don't do it.
Exactly. Go ahead, chip your kids. I'm sure the chip will come with a little hand-held device so you can monitor your little mutant at all times. And I'm sure that within five minutes of such a device becoming available, someone will mod them to display the information from every chip within a given radius. You'd be handing the tech-savvy pervert a menu. But hey, the illusion of safety sure is reassuring.

Exactly. Sums this up well..

gnrevolution.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: