Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 06:16:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227839 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2 Quick Gn'R music video q's
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2 Quick Gn'R music video q's  (Read 3940 times)
Nightrain198704
Opening Act

AFD is the greatest LP ever!

« on: March 01, 2004, 05:24:24 PM »

Can someone out there help me with these q's....
First off, is the "You Could Be Mine" video on the Terminator 2: Extreme ed. DVD?
and is there anyway to see the banned "It's So Easy" video from 1989?
Why weren't these 2 videos on the "Welcome to the Videos" compilation? I assume the YCBM video was because of copyrights , but why no ISE?

thanks.
nemo
Opening Act

just a little fish

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 07:27:35 PM »

as far as i know, james cameron has the rights to the ycbm video, and axl tried to get rid of the its so easy vid when the whole abuse thing came up

i think gnrgreece has the its so easy vid for download

welcome to the dance, bitch
bill213
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 03:03:32 AM »

The YCBM video IS NOT on the Extreme T2 DVD
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 03:41:27 AM »

Here is the exact situation regarding YCBM and Terminator 2, as explained on the T2 Ultimate DVD:

"While the licensing dance between the film and the song continues to this day (as each new usage demands a new licensing agreement and fee, since each side only agreed to pay for or grant the specific rights necessary at the time rather than working out agreements in perpetuity, thereby keeping their options open and their costs down), at the time it formed a perfect synergy that gave a boost to both parties, in publicity and in sales"

This is followed by about 15 stills from the video and then:

The song, featured in the film both as source music on Tim's boom box and over the latter half of the end credits went to the top of the charts. After sneaking on MTV before it's official MTV Premiere on June 19, 1991, You Could Be Mine topped MTV's request list for weeks. The first single from the Use Your Illusion II album debuted on radio June 18, 1991 and the cassingle (with flip side Civil War) hit record stores on June 25, 1991

Hope everyone finds this interesting  ok

@#$%Muther
SlashFan
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2004, 04:01:52 AM »

Here is the exact situation regarding YCBM and Terminator 2, as explained on the T2 Ultimate DVD:

"While the licensing dance between the film and the song continues to this day (as each new usage demands a new licensing agreement and fee, since each side only agreed to pay for or grant the specific rights necessary at the time rather than working out agreements in perpetuity, thereby keeping their options open and their costs down), at the time it formed a perfect synergy that gave a boost to both parties, in publicity and in sales"

This is followed by about 15 stills from the video and then:

The song, featured in the film both as source music on Tim's boom box and over the latter half of the end credits went to the top of the charts. After sneaking on MTV before it's official MTV Premiere on June 19, 1991, You Could Be Mine topped MTV's request list for weeks. The first single from the Use Your Illusion II album debuted on radio June 18, 1991 and the cassingle (with flip side Civil War) hit record stores on June 25, 1991

Hope everyone finds this interesting  ok

@#$%Muther

I thought that was interesting ok
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: