Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 05:40:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Steven Adler: 'I Want To Finish What I Started With Those A**holes'
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Adler: 'I Want To Finish What I Started With Those A**holes'  (Read 3715 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: September 14, 2010, 02:31:59 PM »

Steven Adler was interviewed on Sept. 11th, here is some of what he says, you can listen to the interview at the link below.

Having Slash back in my life is so wonderful, it's just so important.  We just have such a history together.

I know together we are a force to be reckoned with -- and I'm working on it -- I'm getting him [Slash] to realize that.

Axl gets this bad rap crap -- so he's made maybe one or two or three or four bad mistakes -- he's done a million wonderful things.  People keep knocking him for the bad things.  You can read in my book how much he was there for me.

We are still a family of brothers.

He says wants to re-record UYI and take out Matt Sorum's tracks and add his drum tracks "the way they're suppose to be."  He also says...

I want to finish what I started with those assholes -- my God!

I screwed it up for the band and the fans.

Listen here: http://reviewfix.com/2010/09/review-fix-exclusive-interview-with-adlers-appetite-and-former-guns-and-roses-drummer-steven-adler/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 02:47:02 PM »

It's nice to have dreams Steven. You best bet is to get the songs on Rockband and then play the Rockband drums to them.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 03:21:56 PM »

It will happen Buddha

Steven will make it happen! hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 12:54:57 AM »

Steven will make it happen! hihi

And when it doesn't -- it won't be for lack of trying on Steven's part.  Or at least talking about it. hihi

Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 02:34:03 AM »

He says wants to re-record UYI and take out Matt Sorum's tracks and add his drum tracks "the way they're suppose to be." 

Adler's Illusions   hihi   

I love Adler, though, but I doubt the band is gonna wanna go back in time just for him.  I've already heard those records a million times anyways, and it wouldn't be the same.    I do hope we get to see Adler play with some of the original guys again.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 02:39:05 AM by Trist805 » Logged
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 02:43:02 AM »

He says wants to re-record UYI and take out Matt Sorum's tracks and add his drum tracks "the way they're suppose to be." 

Adler's Illusions   hihi 

hihi

You mentioned 'Back Off Bitch'. I really like Matt's drumming on that song, but it will be interesting to hear Adler's take on it.

Fuck 'Em All.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 03:18:38 AM »

It's nice to have dreams Steven. You best bet is to get the songs on Rockband and then play the Rockband drums to them.

lol @ that, spilled my coffee laughing :-)

I think Steven Adler will never ge it. Living like that, stuck in the past, must be horrible.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Pine Barrens
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 03:42:43 AM »

I have to applaud Steven for taking responsibility for his past actions. However, they would, of course, never re-record the UYI albums even if the original GN'R were to get back together. I think it keeps him going, this mission to get the original GN'R back together, and he wasn't there for all the drama which ensued following his departure from the band, so I don't think he's got the same take on it as everyone else. I never thought I'd say this, but Adler's attitude is pretty sound. As crazy as it may be, his whole attitude that they just need to get over themselves and do it is probably the right attitude to have. It's bad when Steven Adler comes off as the mature one.

Whatever happens, stay clean, Steven!
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 07:07:05 AM »

Who knows if one day it will happen, it would be interesting to re-record the illusion albums with his drums! Definitely!

Oh My God i cant deny this...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 08:41:17 PM »

Here's a more detailed transcription of this interview...

ADLER Wants To Replace SORUM's Drum Tracks On 'Use Your Illusion' With His Own - Sep. 15, 2010

ReviewFix.com recently conducted an interview with original GUNS N' ROSES and current ADLER'S APPETITE drummer Steven Adler about his tell-all autobiography, "My Appetite For Destruction: Sex, And Drugs, And Guns N' Roses". You can now listen to the chat using the audio player below.

On having Slash back in his life and his relationship with Axl Rose:

Adler: "I know together we are a force to be reckoned with ? and I'm working on it ? I'm getting him [Slash] to realize that. [Laughs]

"Axl gets this bad-rap crap. So he's made maybe one or two or three or four bad mistakes ? he's done a million wonderful things.

"People keep knocking him for the bad things.

"The only thing he doesn't do good is tan ? and that's 'cause he's a ginger; gingers don't tan good.

"You can read in my book how much he was always there for me. And, like brothers, we fought; that's what brothers do.

"Nobody will take away the fact that we're brothers and the fact that we made an inspirational record that's still going strong.

"We are still a family of brothers, no matter what."

On the possibility or a reunion of the classic GUNS N' ROSES lineup:

Adler: "As long as we're alive, it's possible.

"I really think if those four goofballs ? especially Axl ? read my book, maybe they'll realize what a special thing we have as five guys.

"It's the hardest thing in the world to get four or five guys in the room that can make magic. Yeah, there's millions of great musicians, but you need that special ingredient of five different souls that all want the same thing and have the same goal and are focused on the same dream.

"I know for a fact that if the five of us assholes got in a room together, all we would do is hug each other and there would be tears.

"I'm the one who just took that ingredient away ? I ruined it not just for the band, but for all the fans.

"When we were doing 'Appetite' ['For Destruction'], after we would record a song, we would go into the soundroom, the mixing room, and then play it, and all we would do is look at each other and just smile and say, 'We're gonna have the greatest fucking record ever. This is the greatest song.' And when we did the demos for 'Use Your Illusion', we did the same thing ? we were laughing and smiling and hugging each other, going, 'This is gonna be even bigger than 'Appetite'.' And it wasn't. 'Civil War' is the only song I got to record on the album ? I did all the demo tapes, but for the album 'Use Your Illusion', 'Civil War' is the only song. You hear that song and when that song is over, you could tell it was a different band . . . And I would love more than anything if I could just do that whole record over again ? just take all of Matt Sorum's drum tracks out and put my tracks in the way they're supposed to be. That would rule. [Laughs]"

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=146115

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 11:33:17 PM »

Steven is going to be on Eddie Trunk's Sirius/XM show in 2 weeks.  Just a little programming note.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 01:22:23 PM »

Another interview with Steven Adler.  But this is a two part video interview with KNAC:

Exclusive Video Interview - Taking it One Bite at a Time. Steven Adler Talks About His "Appetite for Destruction"

September 18, 2010

He?s had twenty-eight ODs, three attempted suicides, two heart attacks, a debilitating stoke and a much publicized, embarrassing heroin/crack high the world got to witness on television?s ?Sober House? with Dr. Drew Pinsky. Steven Adler helped form what is arguably the biggest rock band in the world, Guns N? Roses. He had what most could only dream of, and the access to obscene excess that nearly claimed his life.

In an industry that it is expected, if not celebrated, to become a spectacle of excesses, it seems remarkable that Steven was literally banished by his brothers and kicked out of his own band for being the out-of-control rock star.

Along with the help of many of his friends, including Slash, Dr. Drew and his beautiful wife Carolina, Steven has grasped onto new clarity and determination for life. He has a new book titled, ?My Appetite for Destruction?, and has formed his band, Adler?s Appetite, with which he tours enthusiastically along with his newfound sobriety. His book is a ?tell all? (and then some) expos?, chronicling his life with brutal honesty.

I recently sat down with Steven in a taped interview. He is not only a genuine human being, but truly one of the nicest guys in the industry. He freely discusses his sobriety, time with Gn?R, and immense desire to reconnect with his brothers with a reunion tour.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5Jc4AqaN88

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiDeduhkKgM

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: