Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 10:51:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Saddam sentanced to Death
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saddam sentanced to Death  (Read 33159 times)
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2006, 05:09:21 PM »

Killing too many of the enemy?  Thise numbers are of the innocent men. women and children killed.  Bush is a war criminal for this and so are his stooges.  All this so Haliburton can make big money.  I truly cannot comprehend how anyone with any reason or logic can still justify this war.

right on  ok

i can't wait until 2008 when we have a new president and bush et al. are indicted on war crimes and can never leave the USA any longer.  no more cuban beach vacations  Cry

Will Clinton be in that group for the aspring factory?  How about his negligence with Bin Laden that caused 9/11.  Does that warrant any charges?

1) Clinton has never committed war crimes as defined in the geneva convention.  bush et al. have.
2) bush well knew about the threat of bin laden.  i mean, their families have cross-generation business ties.  and to be honest, no one can really say that they know who is responsible for 911 (but I'm not gonna go there)

Yea they can.  For someone who prides themself on their science background, you're ignoring alot of sciene that prooves that Bin Laden and his men were behind the act.  You're letting political bias hinder your professional judgement.

1) i haven't seen any evidence that bin laden planned 911, although to be honest I haven't tried to find any.  show me some.
2) assuming you can show me that bin laden was directly responsible, we still don't know who the ultimate puppet master is.

So you admit to have done no research regaring 9/11, yet you disbelieve the US Government because of a personal bias you have.  How can I speak to that when you openly admit you have no clue but have already made a decision.  The evidence is there, the film is there.  There was a great article that prooved every conspiracy theory wrong.  There was a great write up to counter loose change and point out all of the errors and erroneous assumptions.  You're endorsing a side who made a decision based on ideology and tried to work backwards to justify it.

simma down honey!!!!

no, I haven't tried to find any of the evidence that shows bin laden planned 911 (does this even exist???  show me some!) 

but that doesn't mean that I don't know what I'm talking about.  I keep up on current events and I read current media.   and I'm not talking about the atlanta sun or wherever you get your ideas from

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2006, 05:10:22 PM »

I support staing in Iraq until we can find another way to fight terrorist off American soil.? With many Islam nations supprting the idea of one day ruling American and spreading Jihad, it won't be anytime soon.? Let's fight them on their own land; bring the fight to them if you will.

You are ignoring the most important thing about that latest intelligence estimate report. That terrorists were not in Iraq until we got there. We are not fighting them to keep them off USA soil. That is simply not true. They are there, because we are-period.

I agree with you. ?They were not there before, but now they are. ?The Iraq war has created a focus point for all terrorist; they're all going to Iraq. ?So we can fight them in one location rather than spread out all over the world or in our back yard.

If that was the objective, then why Iraq? ?Why not just focus the efforts in Afghanistan, where they already were?

I'm not saying it was the objective. ?But it is an intended or unintended side effect. ?Afghanistan isn't nearly as accessible as Iraq, nor is it on the border with as many terrorist nations as Iraq is. ?Again, I'm not saying we went to war with Iraq tto create a battlefield for every terrorist in the world, but we have. ?And that's alot better than fighting them in America or in 13 different nations.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2006, 05:10:32 PM »

Killing too many of the enemy?  Thise numbers are of the innocent men. women and children killed.  Bush is a war criminal for this and so are his stooges.  All this so Haliburton can make big money.  I truly cannot comprehend how anyone with any reason or logic can still justify this war.

right on  ok

i can't wait until 2008 when we have a new president and bush et al. are indicted on war crimes and can never leave the USA any longer.  no more cuban beach vacations  Cry

Will Clinton be in that group for the aspring factory?  How about his negligence with Bin Laden that caused 9/11.  Does that warrant any charges?

1) Clinton has never committed war crimes as defined in the geneva convention.  bush et al. have.
2) bush well knew about the threat of bin laden.  i mean, their families have cross-generation business ties.  and to be honest, no one can really say that they know who is responsible for 911 (but I'm not gonna go there)

Yea they can.  For someone who prides themself on their science background, you're ignoring alot of sciene that prooves that Bin Laden and his men were behind the act.  You're letting political bias hinder your professional judgement.

1) i haven't seen any evidence that bin laden planned 911, although to be honest I haven't tried to find any.  show me some.
2) assuming you can show me that bin laden was directly responsible, we still don't know who the ultimate puppet master is.

So you admit to have done no research regaring 9/11, yet you disbelieve the US Government because of a personal bias you have.  How can I speak to that when you openly admit you have no clue but have already made a decision.  The evidence is there, the film is there.  There was a great article that prooved every conspiracy theory wrong.  There was a great write up to counter loose change and point out all of the errors and erroneous assumptions.  You're endorsing a side who made a decision based on ideology and tried to work backwards to justify it.

also randall, quit throwing around the word "prove" because, despite all of your training in logic, you really don't understand what it means.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2006, 05:11:26 PM »

I support staing in Iraq until we can find another way to fight terrorist off American soil.  With many Islam nations supprting the idea of one day ruling American and spreading Jihad, it won't be anytime soon.  Let's fight them on their own land; bring the fight to them if you will.

You are ignoring the most important thing about that latest intelligence estimate report. That terrorists were not in Iraq until we got there. We are not fighting them to keep them off USA soil. That is simply not true. They are there, because we are-period.

I agree with you.  They were not there before, but now they are.  The Iraq war has created a focus point for all terrorist; they're all going to Iraq.  So we can fight them in one location rather than spread out all over the world or in our back yard.

If that was the objective, then why Iraq?  Why not just focus the efforts in Afghanistan, where they already were?

B/C not being able to justify Iraq means someone F'ed up.  When someone F's up they have to be held accountable.  This admin is incapable of placing blame and holding people accountable for their mistakes/inaction/incompetence.  Simple as that.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Bud Fox
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2006, 05:11:54 PM »

That study is not conclusive and is an estimate.  I also find it unfair to count the deaths of enemy combatants as a reason to quit.  We're just killing too many of the enemy, it's not fair.  Soon enough there won't be anymore to fight Roll Eyes

Lancet has been collecting numbers for decades for various wars, famines and other mass killings for the past 100 years and we, as a country have used them many times as a reference when going to the UN to get Resolutions to stop.

Protesting violence requires violent language.
-Lenny Bruce
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2006, 05:12:21 PM »

right on  ok

Yea they can. For someone who prides themself on their science background, you're ignoring alot of sciene that prooves that Bin Laden and his men were behind the act. You're letting political bias hinder your professional judgement.

We are NOT gonna talk about who caused 9/11. nervous

There's no reason too.  It's common knowledge who was behind it.
\

OH, so you know who is really responsible?  please share, as there are millions upon millions of americans who would like to know as well.

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2006, 05:12:59 PM »

Can you people stop "QUOTE"ing the previous posts. Half the time it is unnecisary to re-post the previous post. And the other half of the time it's simply unrelated. It makes it annoying to read and comes off as confrontational. And lazy.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2006, 05:13:31 PM »

Killing too many of the enemy?? Thise numbers are of the innocent men. women and children killed.? Bush is a war criminal for this and so are his stooges.? All this so Haliburton can make big money.? I truly cannot comprehend how anyone with any reason or logic can still justify this war.

right on? ok

i can't wait until 2008 when we have a new president and bush et al. are indicted on war crimes and can never leave the USA any longer.? no more cuban beach vacations? Cry

Will Clinton be in that group for the aspring factory?? How about his negligence with Bin Laden that caused 9/11.? Does that warrant any charges?

1) Clinton has never committed war crimes as defined in the geneva convention.? bush et al. have.
2) bush well knew about the threat of bin laden.? i mean, their families have cross-generation business ties.? and to be honest, no one can really say that they know who is responsible for 911 (but I'm not gonna go there)

Yea they can.? For someone who prides themself on their science background, you're ignoring alot of sciene that prooves that Bin Laden and his men were behind the act.? You're letting political bias hinder your professional judgement.

1) i haven't seen any evidence that bin laden planned 911, although to be honest I haven't tried to find any.? show me some.

So you admit to have done no research regaring 9/11, yet you disbelieve the US Government because of a personal bias you have.? How can I speak to that when you openly admit you have no clue but have already made a decision.? The evidence is there, the film is there.? There was a great article that prooved every conspiracy theory wrong.? There was a great write up to counter loose change and point out all of the errors and erroneous assumptions.? You're endorsing a side who made a decision based on ideology and tried to work backwards to justify it.

simma down honey!!!!

no, I haven't tried to find any of the evidence that shows bin laden planned 911 (does this even exist?Huh show me some!)?

but that doesn't mean that I don't know what I'm talking about.? I keep up on current events and I read current media.? ?and I'm not talking about the atlanta sun or wherever you get your ideas from

I've never heard of the atlanta sun? ?Is the the conservative version of the daily worker?

And yes, there are thousands of documents from Bin Laden training camps to flight schools where the terrorist attended. ?Not to mention Bin Laden's own videos.

And please, call me Flagg.  Have none of you seen or read The Stand.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2006, 05:14:00 PM »

Can you people stop "QUOTE"ing the previous posts. Half the time it is unnecisary to re-post the previous post. And the other half of the time it's simply unrelated. It makes it annoying to read and comes off as confrontational. And lazy.

Just quote the last comment you are replying to, that is enough................
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2006, 05:15:16 PM »

OK Randall, since you've researched these 'documents,' please send me a literature cited so I can read them myself.

i mean c'mon, you've researched this, right?  (you're beginning to sound like tom cruise)

Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2006, 05:15:59 PM »

I thought this thread was about Saddams sentencing?

Why does it have to turn into a referendum on the Iraq war. ?I think we can all agree (both sides) that Saddam being put to death is a very good thing. ?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2006, 05:16:29 PM »

Dudes, take the who is behind 9-11 convo to PMs...NOBODY else wants to hear it and this is not the right place for it.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2006, 05:16:55 PM »

Why does it have to turn into a referendum on the Iraq war.  I think we can all agree (both sides) that Saddam being put to death is a very good thing. 

RESTORE PEACE AND CIVILITY IN IRAQ!  RESTORE SADDAM HUSSEIN!

EDIT: Actually guys, this argument started because some were arguing that saddam should be put back in power and that bush should be tried for war crimes.  so this war argument does relate to the topic

Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2006, 05:17:18 PM »

OK Randall, since you've researched these 'documents,' please send me a literature cited so I can read them myself.

i mean c'mon, you've researched this, right?? (you're beginning to sound like tom cruise)

There are far too many to list or send. ?A simple google is a good start.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2006, 05:19:00 PM »

Why does it have to turn into a referendum on the Iraq war.? I think we can all agree (both sides) that Saddam being put to death is a very good thing.?

RESTORE PEACE AND CIVILITY IN IRAQ!? RESTORE SADDAM HUSSEIN!

Equating peace and civility with Hussein is one of the dumbest and disgusting things I have ever heard.  You are the first person I have ever seen make this claim.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2006, 05:19:36 PM »

i mean c'mon, you've researched this, right?  (you're beginning to sound like tom cruise)

There are far too many to list or send.  A simple google is a good start.

simple google = shit.

Plus, you never answered the second (and more important) part of my question...  Like I said, even if you can show that bin laden was directly involved (which let's ASSUME can be done), you still can't tell me who was ultimately responsible.

Bud Fox
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: November 06, 2006, 05:21:16 PM »

Nothing authorized us to commit mass murder in Iraq.

What gives us some kind of moral justification for the military mass murder of over 600,000 human beings? Not one God Damn thing.

Go ahead and pick one out for us.

Protesting violence requires violent language.
-Lenny Bruce
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #137 on: November 06, 2006, 05:21:35 PM »

Equating peace and civility with Hussein is one of the dumbest and disgusting things I have ever heard.  You are the first person I have ever seen make this claim.

It's funny how when people can't make an intellegent response they resort to name calling.  "you're dumb and disgusting."  Roll Eyes

SLCPUNK
« Reply #138 on: November 06, 2006, 05:22:43 PM »

EDIT: Actually guys, this argument started because some were arguing that saddam should be put back in power and that bush should be tried for war crimes.  so this war argument does relate to the topic

They should both be tried for crimes against humanity.

Saddam for "you name it" and Bush for Iraq.

Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #139 on: November 06, 2006, 05:23:09 PM »

Equating peace and civility with Hussein is one of the dumbest and disgusting things I have ever heard.? You are the first person I have ever seen make this claim.

It's funny how when people can't make an intellegent response they resort to name calling.? "you're dumb and disgusting."? Roll Eyes

I didn't call you dumb or disgusting.? I called your comment as such, and it is.  Maybe we should have left Hitler in control of Germany so it wouldn't have been split into two factions and the East wouldn't have been miserable for 50 years.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 05:24:50 PM by Randall Flagg » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: