Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:04:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock Am Ring
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock Am Ring  (Read 167910 times)
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #1560 on: June 06, 2006, 10:02:36 AM »

totally. You know why the singers of tool or korn don't get out of breath? cause all they do throughout the show is stand next to their mic stand and headbang. that's it...

Funny mention...

Korn's singer has his oxygen right behind the amps...

So does Axl btw!

Oh really?

You know, I've been a fan since 1988 and I've never heard or seen that...  Roll Eyes

That's the reason I mentioned it...

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1561 on: June 06, 2006, 10:41:58 AM »

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #1562 on: June 06, 2006, 11:25:41 AM »

As long as they got the new songs im happy........... We should get a nice little pro shot of all the old songs, mixed in the this screenshot of all the new! Happy Happy Happy!

Jonx
14 years of silence
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1563 on: June 06, 2006, 11:37:40 AM »

don't really know if anyone posted this before

I carn't see the photos can someone help or re post them  ok
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #1564 on: June 06, 2006, 12:10:22 PM »

don't really know if anyone posted this before

I carn't see the photos can someone help or re post them  ok

I can't see them either....  Sad
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1565 on: June 06, 2006, 05:43:04 PM »

Thanks brownstone and everyone for the pics and the updates.
Where is the brain + Lars pic?

And thanks warose for the looooooong amusing review.

this was the best performace of that song ever. axl?s vocals were perfect. the most surprising and impressing thing was, that better got as much applause as let?s say "it`s so easy"....................................then they played IRS. it was my favourite song of the night. i was really curious to hear that song and even planned to make an IRS sign for the concert. the song was both musically and vocally perfect.

drool
I'm sure as hell the more those 2 tunes got played, the more applause they will win.

i stage dove and stood right in front of the stage, 2 metres away from axl, while he was screaming "good fuckin night". just awesome. unfortunately the security guys were pushing me away though. i was going backwards to the exit to reenter the attendance and suddenly bumblefoot stood next to me. i couldn`t believe it and just screamed "bumblefoot you`re the man" and we shook hands. then two security guys carried me away........

It must have been quite a nuisance to other people. rofl You're just another maniac.

i tried to get back to my tent to have some sleep, but i got lost and meandered between the camps for about two hours, before i finally arrived...

i have to admit that all the negativity on this board really managed to make me a little sceptical about the concert, especially about axl?s voice and the crowd. i didn`t completely trust in the hardcores ya know hihi. But what i experienced for myself was simply the best i could`ve hoped for.

Most people who went to the shows say so. Evidently even the most sceptical ones end up having better opinions of the band.  Cheesy
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1566 on: June 08, 2006, 01:08:07 PM »

A great article I found in one of Germanys biggest newspapers:

?Not a song by David Hasselhoff?

When 2 auf the worlds most difficult Rockstars collide: Why the performances of Pete Doherty and Axl Rose at the Nuerburgring nearly failed.
Guns n Roses Frontman Axl Rose and Babyshambles singer Pete Doherty: The old and the new grand Rockstar: Both difficult, reckless, excentric, unique. And both at the Nuerburgring at Germanys biggest Festival Rock am Ring.

Rose, who likes to cancel gigs spontaneously, or ? if he appears unexpectedly ? has no problem in leaving the stage again after one song. Who announces a new album for nearly 10 years, while the rest of Guns n` Roses, nowadays Velvet Revolver goes their own way.  And Doherty the great public drug addict of the new century, the English patient, tabloids primus and genius like singer with leaning towards Supermodels.

Doherty should hit the stage with his new band the Babyshambles around 4pm.. And he does not come. The airplane from Barcelona does not arrive. Perhaps it is the drugs again. Or Kate Moss. Axl Rose should hit the stage around midnight as the last act. The promoters must have thought ?better be certain, if he cancels we do not need to change the timetable at least?.

Is he coming or not?

Around midnight a spokesman announced that most members of the band have been spotted on the sight. Just Rose has not. The whole day has been filled with rumors: One person might have seen Rose exiting a helicopter. With sight proof sunglasses and red scarf. Another one knows of a definite cancellation: Rose has a cold.

Media Representatives, Fans and Musicians gather around in question: He is coming, is he not? And if: when?

This time the chances are relatively good, that the band really appears. A few days ago the band has been sighted at Rock in Rio Lisboa. Rose was well and in a good mood ?unfortunately he should have suffered from a strain. No, not the age, the slippery stage should have been the reason.

The show is expected between one and two o` clock clarifies the spokesman. And tens of thousands of fans wait. They wait with temperatures slightly below the freezing point. An icy wind is blowing over their heads.

Distinctive rasp voice

Then 1:43 am. The band enters the stage. Axl sings ?Welcome to the jungle? ? just to vanish from the stage again after 7 minutes. Again seconds of anxious waiting. But he returns - and is in his best mood. Broadly smiling he is celebrated by the masses. Shows himself as down to earth, touches the hands and faces of the first rows. Changes his shirt after nearly every song. Sometimes wears a wide-open dark leather shirt, then an oversized Hippie shirt or a blotchy jacket creation, that could have also been made for Thomas Gottschalk (most popular german showmaster, known for his extravaganza clothes).

The waiting for the great rasp has been worth it. Rose sings with his distinctive scratchy voice ?Knockin`on Heavens Door?. And ?Sweet Child of Mine?. With the words ?This is not a song by David Hasselhoff? he announces, extraordinarily good tempered, ?November Rain?, himself playing the concert piano.

Axl Rose and his fellow warriors play all the big hits of the Roses, when still the legendary Slash was plucking the guitar. Again and again Rose leaves the stage, lets the other band members play, twitch and and jingle.

So much of a break he seems to need meanwhile, the old man with the blond rastas and the elfish grin. At 3.33 Rose asks ?Who wants breakfast??. Nobody. The audience has to go on. To Pete Doherty. He is catching up his Babyshambles gig. 10 hours after the planned time

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/,panm1/kultur/special/357/71286/index.html/kultur/artikel/307/77230/article.html

Translated from German.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1567 on: June 08, 2006, 01:33:14 PM »

cool article

i only read good reviews, except for the one in my local newspaper rant

some bitch who didn`t even attend the gig was just bashing axl. she had to admit that the gig was good at the end, but she constantly wrote things like: " axl sang "it`s so easy", but it was obvious that this was not right"

i thought about writing a letter to the editor, but forgot it.....  i think i`ll do it later, though. myself and 50000 other germans were very pleased by axl`s performance and he was running around like he always did. i went to the gig with some friends of mine, who were really skeptical about axl and gnr (3 of them are limp bizkit fans nervous) and they loved the concert ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
hackvresse
Rocker

I'm God

« Reply #1568 on: June 08, 2006, 02:19:36 PM »

hhaha this is cool

the guy who took that picture from the article was standing next to me at the gig
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 02:32:26 PM by hackvresse » Logged

maybe we'd be better off without you anyway
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1569 on: June 10, 2006, 04:10:24 AM »

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1570 on: June 10, 2006, 04:27:21 AM »

great shot

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Rock the jungle
Rocker

Here Today... GONE TO BARCELONA JODER!!

« Reply #1571 on: June 10, 2006, 01:35:52 PM »

Hi people, I just checked WDR timetable for tonight and guns N' Roses is not going to be streemed tonight. I watched yesterday Metallica's show thinking that tonight the Guns N' ROses would be streemed and bullshit!

DOes anyone know anything about?
gnrbr
Rocker

Everywhere i go i c ya

« Reply #1572 on: June 10, 2006, 06:05:30 PM »

beautifuls!!!! great shots too beer beer
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1573 on: June 10, 2006, 08:43:06 PM »

Hi people, I just checked WDR timetable for tonight and guns N' Roses is not going to be streemed tonight. I watched yesterday Metallica's show thinking that tonight the Guns N' ROses would be streemed and bullshit!

DOes anyone know anything about?

it might get aired in 1-2 weeks

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1574 on: July 16, 2006, 08:59:48 PM »

Sorry for the bump, but could someone tell me which song Dizzy was playing on his solo before The Blues? The answer is probably in this thread somewhere, but it's 81 fuckin' pages!  hihi

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1575 on: July 16, 2006, 09:01:03 PM »

The dvd of this show is very very good.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #1576 on: July 16, 2006, 11:47:21 PM »

The dvd of this show is very very good.

Where can I get it?Huh
benchiefjr
« Reply #1577 on: July 16, 2006, 11:59:10 PM »

yes...do tell
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1578 on: July 17, 2006, 12:39:54 AM »

It is circulating around torrent sites.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 12:42:36 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #1579 on: July 17, 2006, 12:47:02 AM »

It is circulating around torrent sites.

is this one??

http://dvd.gnr.gr/dvd's/2006/06.02.2006%20Nurburgring%20-%20Eifel,%20Germany,(Gunnershome).htm
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: