Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:17:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?  (Read 148612 times)
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1140 on: October 18, 2006, 03:07:45 PM »

No actually go read the nov 5th tour thread.? I orginally bought the first 4 tixs I could get becuase I had problems through Ticket master for the first 30 minutes of the presale. So i took what I could get. But the problem was I'm taking my 2 kids 9 & 12.? So about 5 minutes after I bought the tickets. I started thinking seats behind GA on the floor was probally a little to close to the action. So my wife is siting there and I show her were we will be seating and she says you know that is probally a bad spot for the kids, so my brilliant self says I can buy 4 more and sell these on the gnr boards. She says can you sell them for more. I say no becuase they have to be sold a cost on the boards, but I assure here they will sell at cost and we will get our 400 hundred back. So i go tix master again and get 4 section 123 tixs.? Now I have advertised them on here saying at no mark up. I have asked people I know if they what to go to show and just pay me what i payed for them. So far no good. So I start searching ebay and I find that the 11/5 tixs are not selling, not even the ones listed below cost.? At the time I figured it would be like NY was in May. I know I paid BIG money through ebay to get 4 tixs. And one of my people cancelled on me the day of about while i was on my way to there house. I eneded up giving the tix to some guy for $60.00 whihc i paid double that for it. I was happy to get some money back.

I have no idea what a ticket tout. I'm being honest here, no scam. Read my other post in othere threads. I just figured no big deal demand will be high this is the #1 band in the world. I guess I was wrong . No promotion does not help.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1141 on: October 18, 2006, 03:10:49 PM »

Who fucking knows anymore, I'm not normally a negative poster but dammit. I would like some damn info. There is no promotion of the tour. Now I feel like a stupid ass buying extra tickets for the 11/5 show which is not selling well so i will be going to a half sold out show that cost me $800 for 4 tickets becuase no one wants my extra 4 tickets i bought. I will be the only guy there with 2 seats for each of us. rant

So acting like a ticket tout ?

CJ

If that's the case and he *did* buy the extra tickets just to tout them for extra money, I will allow myself to laugh heartily at his misfortune.?

I hate touts.
I hate people that assume.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1142 on: October 18, 2006, 03:11:29 PM »

Who fucking knows anymore, I'm not normally a negative poster but dammit. I would like some damn info. There is no promotion of the tour. Now I feel like a stupid ass buying extra tickets for the 11/5 show which is not selling well so i will be going to a half sold out show that cost me $800 for 4 tickets becuase no one wants my extra 4 tickets i bought. I will be the only guy there with 2 seats for each of us. rant

So acting like a ticket tout ?

CJ

I have no idea what that even means. 

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
EFISH
« Reply #1143 on: October 18, 2006, 03:16:10 PM »

Try www.craigslist.com to sell the tickets.
Also, their are ticket sites that you can sell them for. Usually people try and get more for them, so if you put the normal asking price, I'm sure you will have no problems getting rid of the tickets.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1144 on: October 18, 2006, 03:16:42 PM »

ah well so much for me being positive. But truth is non of us know what is happening"behind the scenes".

We were giving a whole hella of lot of information in "GNR WORLD", in a really small fucking time considering. And then a whole week goes by, or was it 2, where MErck said , rolling stone picked the wrong tues.lol And all of a sudden people are panicking, to me I find this quite extrodinarily funny considering! beer

And for there to be a wrong Tuesday, it follows that there must be a right one...doesn't it?  nervous

well usually yes.... but it`s not necessarily a fact....

If Merck says to buy your cheese from Wisconsin, we buy our cheese from Wisconsin.

Merck = God. Period. End of story.

Well, I trust Merck more with information regarding a band that he manages than I trust his opinions on from where I should get my cheese.

I dunno, I hear he's a real cheese connoisseur!

P.S. I just realized that on HMV they have actually added a release date AND list price for the album. To the best of my knowledge they haven't actually posted a release date before, they always just had the album itself listed. They claim it's coming out November 13, 2006 in the UK. Huh

they claim it`s november 13th for months if i remember correctly......   hmv rumours are like radio dj rumours, which are like "my ex schoolfriend whose cousin`s little brother`s baseball trainer who happens to know a guy who works in retail who heard from a fellow employee...told me the release date" rumours...

no offense, but if you weren`t a fellow gnr fan who seriously seems to believe in this band i`d call you stupid for buying extra tickets for an arena gig on a gnr north american tour after 2002 with still no release date for CD scheduled........

edit:   oh   doesn`t sound good......don`t you find 4 persons in your town who want to join you for the gig??  i mean even if your friends aren`t that much into gnr, they could do you a favor and accompany you...   they get a great concert in return...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 03:21:03 PM by WARose » Logged

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1145 on: October 18, 2006, 03:33:09 PM »

sjgotnitro

a tout is a scalper. I hate them too. I thought you were not one of them.
Sorry about your exra tickets. But I think you will have better luck later. at EFISH's link or other fan boards. if not, try the pre show meeting.

If Merck says to buy your cheese from Wisconsin, we buy our cheese from Wisconsin.

Well, I trust Merck more with information regarding a band that he manages than I trust his opinions on from where I should get my cheese.

The rolling stone article still has a great influence on other media coverage.

Funny to think about that, now, we, fans seem to be more informed than the media people thanks to this board, ie jarmo and mysteron and the GNR camp.  How's that?!! Cheesy
WARose
Legend

« Reply #1146 on: October 18, 2006, 03:59:35 PM »

sjgotnitro

Sorry about your exra tickets. But I think you will have better luck later. at EFISH's link or other fan boards. if not, try the pre show meeting.

The rolling stone article still has a great influence on other media coverage.

Funny to think about that, now, we, fans seem to be more informed than the media people thanks to this board, ie jarmo and mysteron and the GNR camp.  How's that?!! Cheesy

i thought we always were more informed than the media even when noone told us anything hihi  (serisously...)

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1147 on: October 18, 2006, 04:06:42 PM »

Two things that I wont do now.

1) I will not buy my tickets to see GNR until like 2 days before the show. I made this mistake in 2002 and got screwed because they cancelled the tour.

2) I will not go and see GNR in concert UNTIL a release date is announced, or until they add some new songs we havent heard before to the setlist. I refuse to support this band with a tour named "The Chinese Democracy Your" if they are going to play the same setlist with mainly old songs and maybe a couple of the new ones we have already heard. Im not paying money to support Axl until he stops dicking us around and making money on just the GNR name.

This new band deserves to be known as more than just a glorified cover band, they have worked hard on this album and its time Axl stop fucking around, if it is in fact him that is causing this delay.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1148 on: October 18, 2006, 04:11:51 PM »

Two things that I wont do now.

1) I will not buy my tickets to see GNR until like 2 days before the show. I made this mistake in 2002 and got screwed because they cancelled the tour.

2) I will not go and see GNR in concert UNTIL a release date is announced, or until they add some new songs we havent heard before to the setlist. I refuse to support this band with a tour named "The Chinese Democracy Your" if they are going to play the same setlist with mainly old songs and maybe a couple of the new ones we have already heard. Im not paying money to support Axl until he stops dicking us around and making money on just the GNR name.

This new band deserves to be known as more than just a glorified cover band, they have worked hard on this album and its time Axl stop fucking around, if it is in fact him that is causing this delay.

A) Seeing as the promoter doesn't pay for cancelled shows, Axl hasn't been dicking us around and making money on the GN'R name.

B) If you received the refund you were entitled to for the cancelled 2002 date, then you weren't screwed.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #1149 on: October 18, 2006, 04:15:01 PM »

Well they start the tour next week. Axl has said on several occasions the album is coming out this fall. ?
I believe the album will just drop. ?I mean like I would not be surprised if next Mon there's a press release saying CD is coming out next Tue. (Oct 31st) and the tour starts tomorrow. Or even the very next day Oct 24th. ?There will be very little notice. ?

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1150 on: October 18, 2006, 04:22:39 PM »

A) Seeing as the promoter doesn't pay for cancelled shows, Axl hasn't been dicking us around and making money on the GN'R name.

B) If you received the refund you were entitled to for the cancelled 2002 date, then you weren't screwed.

A) Yes he is. That was fine for the European tour. He just wanted to get out and play some shows and get the buzz for GNR going again. That was fine, but if he names this tour the "Chinese Democracy" tour, and then plays the same old songs, nothing new, he is just cashing in on the GNR name, plain and simple. If he doesnt play anything new its stupid to name the tour that, he should just call it "A Night with GNR" or something, not promote the tour for CD and then play old shit. Im only saying IF this happens, so we will just have to wait and see, hopefully it wont.

B) Let me explain. I saw GNR in 1992 on the Metallica tour. They reschedulled the date from August to September because James got burnt. Now that wasnt Axl's fault, but it still fucked me bad and I almost didnt get to see the show. In 2002, I had my tickets for the Greenville, SC gig, that ended up getting cancelled because of whatever reason Axl didnt want to continue the tour. I had tickets and had to return them, just a hassle. ?Already some of the dates on this new tour have been shuffled around and have messed a few people up. Im not wasting my time buying tickets until im sure the show will be on THAT DAY. Some people may can go any day, and a reschedulled date doesnt effect them, but with me and my job it does.
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #1151 on: October 18, 2006, 04:33:32 PM »

No actually go read the nov 5th tour thread.? I orginally bought the first 4 tixs I could get becuase I had problems through Ticket master for the first 30 minutes of the presale.

I totally hear ya'.  I did the same thing.  I bought an extra two tickets, figuring that friends of mine would buy them (good seats - GA), and everyone said "Nah, we just saw that show a few months ago."  So now I'm stuck with them.  And if you take a look around on the internet, there's not a lot of people that are looking for tickets.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #1152 on: October 18, 2006, 04:46:02 PM »

A) Yes he is. That was fine for the European tour. He just wanted to get out and play some shows and get the buzz for GNR going again. That was fine, but if he names this tour the "Chinese Democracy" tour, and then plays the same old songs, nothing new, he is just cashing in on the GNR name, plain and simple. If he doesnt play anything new its stupid to name the tour that, he should just call it "A Night with GNR" or something, not promote the tour for CD and then play old shit. Im only saying IF this happens, so we will just have to wait and see, hopefully it wont.

B) Let me explain. I saw GNR in 1992 on the Metallica tour. They reschedulled the date from August to September because James got burnt. Now that wasnt Axl's fault, but it still fucked me bad and I almost didnt get to see the show. In 2002, I had my tickets for the Greenville, SC gig, that ended up getting cancelled because of whatever reason Axl didnt want to continue the tour. I had tickets and had to return them, just a hassle. ?Already some of the dates on this new tour have been shuffled around and have messed a few people up. Im not wasting my time buying tickets until im sure the show will be on THAT DAY. Some people may can go any day, and a reschedulled date doesnt effect them, but with me and my job it does.

First of all, the album is coming out by the end of the year so this point isn't worth arguing in the first place I guess. To me "cashing in on the name" would be to just toss out live albums or rarities collections or something like that. The man went to court to try to get the GNR GH album stopped. If he was interested in just "cashing in" then he wouldn't do something like that. From everything I've seen Axl works very hard (along with the rest of the band) to put on a great show each and every night. That's not "cashing in" IMO.

Second, Axl stated that the tour would start on October 24. When is it starting? On the day he said. Could things have been handled better? I'm sure they could've. But what you guys always forget is that this band is really an organization. Do you know how many people are involved in tons of different aspects of this band? I would imagine that Axl can't have time to dice out every little detail and make sure it's handled properly.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1153 on: October 18, 2006, 04:46:37 PM »

Well said, russ. ^^

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1154 on: October 18, 2006, 04:56:36 PM »

no offense, but if you weren`t a fellow gnr fan who seriously seems to believe in this band i`d call you stupid for buying extra tickets for an arena gig on a gnr north american tour after 2002 with still no release date for CD scheduled........

edit:? ?oh? ?doesn`t sound good......don`t you find 4 persons in your town who want to join you for the gig??? i mean even if your friends aren`t that much into gnr, they could do you a favor and accompany you...? ?they get a great concert in return...

Yea I know I thought of that i should of known better. it was the heat of the moment and I got cuaght up in the excitemnt of a tour and going to a show. In regards of just giving tickets to freinds I ended up doing that at the 5/15 show. I paid for there drinks and even shirts becuase they had no money. So I lost all the way around. The original 5/15 plan was they were going to pay me back but being months later that is never going to happen. 

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1155 on: October 18, 2006, 05:01:25 PM »

sjgotnitro

Well do not worry I'm not a scalper far from it. I'm  just a hardcore fan that in the heat of the moment did not think things through.   

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
robinfinckfan
« Reply #1156 on: October 18, 2006, 05:04:16 PM »

First of all, the album is coming out by the end of the year so this point isn't worth arguing in the first place I guess. To me "cashing in on the name" would be to just toss out live albums or rarities collections or something like that. The man went to court to try to get the GNR GH album stopped. If he was interested in just "cashing in" then he wouldn't do something like that. From everything I've seen Axl works very hard (along with the rest of the band) to put on a great show each and every night. That's not "cashing in" IMO.

Second, Axl stated that the tour would start on October 24. When is it starting? On the day he said. Could things have been handled better? I'm sure they could've. But what you guys always forget is that this band is really an organization. Do you know how many people are involved in tons of different aspects of this band? I would imagine that Axl can't have time to dice out every little detail and make sure it's handled properly.

I do believe every decision that is made on anything related to GnR goes thru Axl, EVERYTHING.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #1157 on: October 18, 2006, 05:06:22 PM »

I do believe every decision that is made on anything related to GnR goes thru Axl, EVERYTHING.

Decisions, yes. Every last detail of everything, it's not possible.

WARose
Legend

« Reply #1158 on: October 18, 2006, 05:20:13 PM »

edit:   oh   doesn`t sound good......don`t you find 4 persons in your town who want to join you for the gig??  i mean even if your friends aren`t that much into gnr, they could do you a favor and accompany you...   they get a great concert in return...

Yea I know I thought of that i should of known better. it was the heat of the moment and I got cuaght up in the excitemnt of a tour and going to a show. In regards of just giving tickets to freinds I ended up doing that at the 5/15 show. I paid for there drinks and even shirts becuase they had no money. So I lost all the way around. The original 5/15 plan was they were going to pay me back but being months later that is never going to happen. 

i know about that hihi  i planned on giving a ticket for the gig in nijmegen to a friend as a present, as i knew he couldn`t afford it anyways, since he`s a "poor" student ( well.... i`m still at school, but i`ve got the chance to work in my father`s business in my spare time if i want to...) it turned out he had an accident some weeks before the gig and wasn`t able to attend, so i had to find a replacement...who actually paid for the ticket by the way..   still, i would`ve prefered my former plan...  1. because of the reason why my friend could not accompany, and 2. because the "replacement" was a total jerk...

finding someone who`d like to go to a gnr concert wasn`t that hard though in my case.... 

Cjc1706
VIP

I Rocked With Gn'R In Manchester & Sheffield '06

« Reply #1159 on: October 18, 2006, 06:04:29 PM »

god those 2 rolling stone threads about the new magazine dissappeared for some reason ..... also noticed that the front page had a headline about the new RS article, and now its dissappeard ....

MAkes you wonder if management contacted jarmo to remove the info or something?

CJ
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: