Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:10:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?  (Read 148611 times)
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2006, 01:30:09 PM »

Holly shit!!! Hope its true!!! I think that when we see the release date at gunsnroses.com we will believe more positively, but holly crap this must be it!!

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2006, 01:30:23 PM »

No other better tuesday than that.

Yeah right. Jay-Z releases his big comeback album "Kingdom Come", which is going to move like a bazillion copies.

I was really hoping that GNR would avoid this date in particular because they need to be able to proclaim a #1 album as it makes for very positive press.

I know we all like to think that the world is waiting with baited breath on a new GNR album, but there is a very good chance that Jay would move more copies that week than GNR. Having CD debut at #2 would be very disappointing, not to mention that it would lose its day in the spotlight with Jay overshadowing its release.

The 14th is a much better date in terms of avoiding this problem, but they always do things ass backwards so why should this be any different.
Linuc
Headliner

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2006, 01:30:41 PM »

I actually think this is true.

Swedish Guns N' Roses-site & forum:
http://www.gnrsweden.com/
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2006, 01:31:04 PM »

Also the 21st November is a Tuesday, so it seems likely.

Well, yes... Likely that the informant can navigate a calender.

fucking funny hihi

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2006, 01:32:24 PM »

the picture of that site ? i mean .....

HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2006, 01:32:44 PM »

Or perhaps a calendar?
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2006, 01:33:23 PM »

Hell Yeah... Hope it's true, but Axl always told us so... And Rolling Stone surely has good connections to Geffen or Interscope.... Fuck, yeah!!!! ?Cheesy
fear the juggalo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2006, 01:33:28 PM »

jay z will be number #1. but i will take 2nd place!!!!!! just give me the damn cd!!!! & pit tix to the 17&19!! ha, ha
Origen
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2006, 01:34:12 PM »

Or perhaps a calendar?

Now that's funny.
Hatts
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2006, 01:34:32 PM »

Man i really think this is it.  Where's mysteron?  Man a stone cold trip.

Hatts

"If I thought that I was crazy well i guess i'd have more fun."
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2006, 01:34:39 PM »

Well, this is it guys. November 21st is it.

You do realize RS would never post such a slight rumor on their front page without contacting GN'R management first. I wouldn't be surprised if their source at retail was involved in some way with GN'R. I mean think about it, what better way to get exposed than to have RS feature something like this?

November 21st is right before Thanksgiving, a lot of albums and films are released then to cash in on the holiday season. It's over a month before Christmas which gives people time to shop for it, and it also gives retailers time to put it on promotion.

One and a half months and we will be listening to Chinese Democracy.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2006, 01:34:50 PM »

I've just shitted my pants. Cheesy ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

SURREAL Chinese on my Hands...

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Ranma_br
Headliner

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2006, 01:35:12 PM »

Yeah right. Jay-Z releases his big comeback album "Kingdom Come", which is going to move like a bazillion copies.

I was really hoping that GNR would avoid this date in particular because they need to be able to proclaim a #1 album as it makes for very positive press.

I know we all like to think that the world is waiting with baited breath on a new GNR album, but there is a very good chance that Jay would move more copies that week than GNR. Having CD debut at #2 would be very disappointing, not to mention that it would lose its day in the spotlight with Jay overshadowing its release.

The 14th is a much better date in terms of avoiding this problem, but they always do things ass backwards so why should this be any different.

GNR will sell much more than JAY-Z
ITS THE GNR COMEBACK ...
And , its 2 complete diferent kinds of public
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2006, 01:35:59 PM »

jay z will be number #1. but i will take 2nd place!!!!!! just give me the damn cd!!!! & pit tix to the 17&19!! ha, ha

Than why not just bump it up a week where you can open at #1. Why would you do it that week when he will be as big if not a bigger story than GNR. It just doesn't make an ounce of sense.
j redstar
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2006, 01:36:37 PM »

Oh No! ?If Gn'R will debut at number 2, maybe they shouldn't release the album then!

Christ...
flimflamking
Opening Act

Here Today...Flippin Out Tomorrow.

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2006, 01:37:39 PM »

Appetite Was Released twice. rant I dont see Jay-Z as anything but something to get people to the store. The more people that see this album on the shelf the better.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2006, 01:37:43 PM »

GNR will sell much more than JAY-Z
ITS THE GNR COMEBACK ...
And , its 2 complete diferent kinds of public

GN'R has a wider base of listeners in general.

That said, most of the people who buy the albums are younger kids. But then again, a lot of them download, too; and older listeners who would be into GN'R and curious to hear CD could be in their 30s and 40s and not be as technologically savvy, and therefore buy the album.

I work at a music store and 90% of the people who buy albums are in their 30s and 40s I'd say, most young kids don't and I think it's because of downloading and burning copies.

So there's a chance Jay-Z would be second if it works out that way.
GeraldFord
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2006, 01:37:53 PM »

Hmm, CD could outsell Jazy-Z.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2006, 01:37:58 PM »

Oh No! ?If Gn'R will debut at number 2, maybe they shouldn't release the album then!

Christ...

Yea honestly, who cares as long as we are actually getting the CD?HuhHuhHuh

I for one do not give a rat's behind about Jay-Z or what he is releasing and GNR shouldn't either.

And it looks like they do not hihi
JeRrYFaR
Rocker

Chinese Democracy will arrive in 2007...

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2006, 01:38:12 PM »

This is a dream come true for all GnR fans.. I can't WAIT for November 21st!  I'll be counting the days..

"They're out ta' get me!!  They won't catch me!!  I'm fuckin' innocent.. so you can BITE me!!!  Take that to your Southern California heart!!!" W. Axl Rose - KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: