Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 10:56:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  TWAT Discussion - your opinions
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TWAT Discussion - your opinions  (Read 151478 times)
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1180 on: March 24, 2007, 12:05:51 PM »

im really worried this album is gona get so many bad mouths running around its gona affect sales..

Yeah, that would really put you in the poor house. Oh wait, my bad, it won't directly effect you in any way whatsoever.

How the hell did the entertainment industry succeed in making people give a damn about their sales figures? For the record, albums sales figures and actual album sales are two different things. The industry reports one of them and lives on the other. How the album fares in a few of the largest markets will dictate the success or failure of the album in the charts. On the other hand, the record label gets paid on every unit they ship.

Excuse me, but it's every fan's concern that albums have good sales figures ! How the fuck are we gonna get a follow up album if the first one is one big failure !? Not only the artist is not going to be as encourgaged to make another one but he may not get the right support financially! Get it now?

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1181 on: March 24, 2007, 12:08:16 PM »

today's youth have low attention spans and are soo influenced by what 0thers say

leave your fucking prejudices elsewhere. you know nothing of todays youth, and by your posts you seem to be younger then me and i'm only 16 ok
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #1182 on: March 24, 2007, 12:13:44 PM »

TWAT is a decent ?for the first 2:30 and amazing from then on..The best guitar work GNR ever put out IMO. ?I could care less what any critic says about any album because what he thinks isn't going to be what you may think...

Album sales and how GnR is being portrayed in the media has alot to do with the delay of this record and the fact that axl wants to make the record current with the state of the industry. He's going to take a blood bath because of the delay, but everyone deep down inside know it's going to be a good record...give me 13 years and 13 million dollars, I gurantee you I could make a decent record

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #1183 on: March 24, 2007, 12:32:45 PM »

I fucking love this song.  It definitely grows on you though, at first I really disliked it.  This is definitely one you can tell is only a "demo", it feels "unfinished" or however you want to label it.  but it still fuckin rocks!

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
smugolo
Headliner

"I don't worry about nothin', no..."

« Reply #1184 on: March 24, 2007, 12:44:55 PM »

TWAT is fantastic, and the studio version will blow people away.

sure, alot of people will bash this album regardless, but the music WILL win through in the long-run.

"fuck the press, axl's the best"

GN'R 2006 - Dublin 9th June - Sheffield 18th July - Manchester 23rd July
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #1185 on: March 24, 2007, 12:55:06 PM »

The best guitar work GNR ever put out IMO.

I agree about the best guitar work thing.  yes  This tune is frigging awesome!!!  ok  I love it!!!  beer

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1186 on: March 24, 2007, 12:56:14 PM »

surely there must be a thread already about this song.. just that the searching engine is so god damn retarded that i can't find it (not the search button but the other thread..)
tbizzle
Banned
Rocker

"I've got a message for youuuuuuuuuuu"

« Reply #1187 on: March 24, 2007, 01:10:49 PM »

I was just, just, listening to TWAT.  I forgot how much I loved it.  I used to listen to it everyday, but hadn't in a while.  Just amazing! I really love everything about it. And please no one compare it to that pile of crap Estranged.  They are completley different.

beer

la la  la la
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1188 on: March 24, 2007, 01:16:12 PM »

I love the last 2/3 of this song the best.
cody6977
Headliner

sometimes I pee when I poop

« Reply #1189 on: March 24, 2007, 01:20:21 PM »

This song kicks ass!!!  Anybody who doesn't think this album will kick ass is a fuckin tool...
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1190 on: March 24, 2007, 01:46:40 PM »

the quality of the version we have, is an insult to this amazing song Undecided

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #1191 on: March 24, 2007, 01:54:16 PM »

today's youth have low attention spans and are soo influenced by what 0thers say

leave your fucking prejudices elsewhere. you know nothing of todays youth, and by your posts you seem to be younger then me and i'm only 16 ok

YEAH rant

we're not all mtv lovin' mother fuckers. TWAT is the best song of its kind since November Rain ok

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1192 on: March 24, 2007, 01:54:32 PM »

it's a sequence of  estranged to me personally.

TWAT is a decent  for the first 2:30 and amazing from then on..The best guitar work GNR ever put out IMO.  I could care less what any critic says about any album because what he thinks isn't going to be what you may think...

Album sales and how GnR is being portrayed in the media has alot to do with the delay of this record and the fact that axl wants to make the record current with the state of the industry. He's going to take a blood bath because of the delay, but everyone deep down inside know it's going to be a good record...give me 13 years and 13 million dollars, I gurantee you I could make a decent record

but you couldn't just get the money and time. You'd get all sorts of verbal abuse that'd put even the most stable person on the verge of a nervous breakdown during all that time....13 yrs? I doubt that you could really make a decent album as easily as you think.

Anyhoo what the majority of consumers always care the most is whether it's worth the money they're paying and not 'the wait' a few special people mind.
The time money and energy invested in it can only make the product good value.
Those factors are only adventurous to the purchasers. music fans in this case.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 01:57:30 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #1193 on: March 24, 2007, 02:28:58 PM »

it's a sequence of? estranged to me personally.

TWAT is a decent? for the first 2:30 and amazing from then on..The best guitar work GNR ever put out IMO.? I could care less what any critic says about any album because what he thinks isn't going to be what you may think...

but you couldn't just get the money and time. You'd get all sorts of verbal abuse that'd put even the most stable person on the verge of a nervous breakdown during all that time....13 yrs? I doubt that you could really make a decent album as easily as you think.

Anyhoo what the majority of consumers always care the most is whether it's worth the money they're paying and not 'the wait' a few special people mind.
The time money and energy invested in it can only make the product good value.
Those factors are only adventurous to the purchasers. music fans in this case.

As a musician I'm telling you I could make a decent record...That is me, were talking about Axl Rose here who if I had a thimble full of his talent I would never have to work again..not to mention the talent behind him, this line up is stacked with talented musicans.. With the technology,equipment,musicians and million dollar studios axl is allowed to show off his talents in, I expect this album to blow my mind and I think alot of people expect it to...I would not want that kind of pressure on me, but even with that pressure I could do it...you can create,tweak and perfect alot of material with 13 years and 13 million dollars
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 02:43:05 PM by Chaosblues » Logged

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1194 on: March 24, 2007, 04:15:46 PM »

one of the best songs, and definitly the best guitar performance in the whole GNR career.

TWAT is the main reason why I can wait calmly for the album

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #1195 on: March 24, 2007, 05:20:54 PM »

TWAT is one of the best GnR songs ever.  Axl's lyrics and vocal melodies are excellent as are the guitars.  Buckethead's outro is amazing
monkeyboy32
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1196 on: March 24, 2007, 07:56:03 PM »

TWAT is a decent ?for the first 2:30 and amazing from then on..The best guitar work GNR ever put out IMO. ?I could care less what any critic says about any album because what he thinks isn't going to be what you may think...

give me a month and 1500 dollars and I can give u a couple albums.
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #1197 on: March 24, 2007, 08:30:31 PM »

give me a month and 1500 dollars and I can give u a couple albums.

Yeah but they would be medicore at best ok
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #1198 on: March 25, 2007, 10:13:52 AM »

The very first new song I heard was twat.I was at my friend Megans house and I was downloading some GN'R onto her computer.I saw " There Was A Time" ..I downloaded it.

When I first heard it I thought " holy shit..this is soo fucking different but it's still amazing".I thought it was an awesome song,and still do Smiley peace

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
Lostrose
Rocker

This here is my hetero-lifemate, Silent Bob.

« Reply #1199 on: March 25, 2007, 10:59:12 AM »

"That keep you up and sittin' pretty...."

This song fuckin' rocks.  and for all you fags who say "oh, i love the end of the song...."  well, you're gay.  The WHOLE song rocks.  If you want to hear a good version (a different version with a better solo than the leak i burnt), go to www.gunsnroses.us

I guess, I guess, I guess I never fuckin' learn...
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: