Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:07:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses - Dublin, Ireland Sept. 1st 2010
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses - Dublin, Ireland Sept. 1st 2010  (Read 149066 times)
Shocko10
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #420 on: September 04, 2010, 01:10:55 PM »

falungong69 really seems to have it in for the Irish. Shocked

Well, they could have murdered my hero the other night.

Are you for real falungong69?? He could have been murdered? What the fuck?? Your talking shite rant

A few idiots threw bottles on stage. None of which hit Axl or any of the other band members. Dont get me wrong I'am not making excuses for these idiots. But you last statement is just stupid.

Yes, there were a few drunk pricks who threw bottles. How do you know they were Irish, there were lots of foreigners there too.

Well played sir!!! A sensible post at last!!!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #421 on: September 04, 2010, 01:18:28 PM »

If it's something like announcing that the curfew has been lifted then I can see someone making an announcement beforehand.

That being said, IMO, any other explanation/apology/excuse is only going to incite the crowd even more.  Anyone who would attempt to do that should come out wearing a shirt with a target on it.

Any "fan" who goes to a show and says they don't know the deal is a liar and is probably pissing into a bottle as they're lying about it. 

I'd bet that before any show the crowd is "restless" waiting during the changeover/whatever.  As long as things don't get out-of-hand where someone could get injured, I don't see what the big deal is.  (and if things do start to get out-of-hand, security should take care of those assholes before the band hits the stage) 

Isn't booing the opening acts and the negative chants before the main attraction all part of the concert going experience?  It's all just the pent up anticipation and excitement.

People enjoy venting.  Let it be. 
99.9% of the time, once Axl hits that first note, the booing and negative chants turn immediately in cheering!!! headbanger

Things like this Dublin incident are the exception not the rule.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
circusboy666
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #422 on: September 04, 2010, 01:19:18 PM »

at this point you know there are just some pricks who go and intentionally try to cause a scene because they know it will get press. the fact of the matter is all venues MUST add a hell of a lot more security when it comes to a GNR show and the crowd should maybe be pushed back 20-30 feet. sucks for us who love to be right up front, but id rather see an amazing GNR concert than go home seing a song and a half.
ROSE
VIP

Nice boys Dont Play Rock N Roll!!!!!!

« Reply #423 on: September 04, 2010, 01:31:39 PM »

In my honest opinion this whole incident could have been avoided if either Axl after the first song or the promoter before GNR came on stage said listen folks were a little bit late sorry, but the curfew has been lifted, dont worry, GNR are going to rock this place. Thats all it would have took. I think alot of people in the crowd thought they were only going to get a half hour show because of the curfew and were just pissed off. No excuse for throwing bottles as I said. But it would have stopped what happened in my opinion. I knew GNR would be late like all life long GNR fans, but not everbody there knew that, not the casual fans.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #424 on: September 04, 2010, 01:36:52 PM »

If it's something like announcing that the curfew has been lifted then I can see someone making an announcement beforehand.

That being said, IMO, any other explanation/apology/excuse is only going to incite the crowd even more.  Anyone who would attempt to do that should come out wearing a shirt with a target on it.

Any "fan" who goes to a show and says they don't know the deal is a liar and is probably pissing into a bottle as they're lying about it. 

I'd bet that before any show the crowd is "restless" waiting during the changeover/whatever.  As long as things don't get out-of-hand where someone could get injured, I don't see what the big deal is.  (and if things do start to get out-of-hand, security should take care of those assholes before the band hits the stage) 

Isn't booing the opening acts and the negative chants before the main attraction all part of the concert going experience?  It's all just the pent up anticipation and excitement.

People enjoy venting.  Let it be. 
99.9% of the time, once Axl hits that first note, the booing and negative chants turn immediately in cheering!!! headbanger

Things like this Dublin incident are the exception not the rule.

The problem was though, The 02 in Dublin always had a strict 11pm no exceptions policy. they even turned the house lights up on Pearl Jam not too far back. So the crowd had no idea that the curfew was waived.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #425 on: September 04, 2010, 01:40:23 PM »

Hey dont worry GnR, apparently Dublin likes to throw shit at anyone, really shows how cowardly some regions treat people. Its as if they went to see these people solely to harass them. This is an article I found on Yahoo about shoe and eggs! being thrown at former PM Tony Blair. Yet he will not get an ounce of negative press over it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100904/ap_on_re_eu/eu_ireland_blair

The Irish have redeemed themselves.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #426 on: September 04, 2010, 01:43:07 PM »

The problem was though, The 02 in Dublin always had a strict 11pm no exceptions policy. they even turned the house lights up on Pearl Jam not too far back. So the crowd had no idea that the curfew was waived.

What I said was that they should have announced that the curfew was lifted.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #427 on: September 04, 2010, 01:50:01 PM »

ive been saying it also for days and no one seemed to really agree. so glad u share the same feeling!

here is that Pearl Jam vid

as soon as "Alive" is over, houselights are turned on:

Eddie does sort of a mock sit in. LOL!

so yeah, the guy who posted this vid and the explanation named Outlaw Pete at GNRevo basically said how once it got after 10.. thecrowd started booing thinking the plug was gonna be pulled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dgmkRZNUUM

falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #428 on: September 04, 2010, 02:23:02 PM »

Are you for real falungong69?? He could have been murdered? What the fuck?? Your talking shite rant

A few idiots threw bottles on stage. None of which hit Axl or any of the other band members. Dont get me wrong I'am not making excuses for these idiots. But you last statement is just stupid.

Yes, there were a few drunk pricks who threw bottles. How do you know they were Irish, there were lots of foreigners there too.

Are you saying it's impossible to die from having someone hurl heavy glass directly at your head?  I don't think even the most delusional hater would suggest that.  So if it's possible to  be killed, then it's something that needs to be considered.  Not only for Axl's safety, but the safety of the band, their crew and families. 

And just because the bottles didn't actually hit anyone on stage doesn't excuse it.  If someone committed a drive-by shooting in your neighborhood and riddled your house with bullets, would you think it was okay just as long as nobody got hit?  Don't be so ridiculous in your anti-Axl sentiments that you can't even admit the honest truth of a situation.

I will admit that you're right about whether or not we're certain it was Irish people throwing the bottles.  I mean, we know that the place was in Ireland and that the crowd was overwhelmingly Irish.  And we know that many Irish people have drinking problems and there's a history of violence associated with the culture.  But you're right.  For all we know, the three people who threw bottles got on a train from India just to try and disgrace the fine Irish name.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #429 on: September 04, 2010, 02:31:34 PM »

Plastic Bottles were thrown. woulda hurt like hell. no way it causes death however.

falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #430 on: September 04, 2010, 02:39:04 PM »

Plastic Bottles were thrown. woulda hurt like hell. no way it causes death however.

According to you, it wasn't glass.  According to others, it was. 

But if it was plastic, it's good to know that you're totally fine with the band being "hurt like hell."  As long as you get your kicks, right?

Jesus, it's a wonder Axl even takes the stage at all with fans like you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #431 on: September 04, 2010, 03:02:56 PM »

ive been saying it also for days and no one seemed to really agree. so glad u share the same feeling!

here is that Pearl Jam vid

as soon as "Alive" is over, houselights are turned on:

Eddie does sort of a mock sit in. LOL!

so yeah, the guy who posted this vid and the explanation named Outlaw Pete at GNRevo basically said how once it got after 10.. thecrowd started booing thinking the plug was gonna be pulled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dgmkRZNUUM
Pearl Jam did the same thing in Hartford when I saw them this year.  I'm not sure whether that's part of their act or if it's defying curfew.  But it certainly wasn't a one time occurrence. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #432 on: September 04, 2010, 03:19:39 PM »

it seems open season on Axl at the moment, say one of the bottles( plastic or not) had hit the kid one of the board members took and Axl had carried on he`d have  been blamed  for not stopping the show, the fact is it`s not just his and the bands safety it`s the audience`s as well it`s everyone's responsibility to look out for each other, who wants to be near someone who wants to spoil it for everyone else lets help them to the exit ok
Johnny Lomax
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #433 on: September 04, 2010, 03:38:04 PM »

Bullshit, the bottles hit him. I was front row centre and when he got hit I turned to my friend and said "Woooow... Thats gotta hurt" a couple seconds later he cut jungle
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #434 on: September 04, 2010, 03:48:23 PM »

According to you, it wasn't glass.  According to others, it was. 

But if it was plastic, it's good to know that you're totally fine with the band being "hurt like hell."  As long as you get your kicks, right?

Jesus, it's a wonder Axl even takes the stage at all with fans like you.

dude are u mental? Where did i say it was ok for them to throw anything? kindly show me please. but u are being ridiculous.

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #435 on: September 04, 2010, 06:52:15 PM »

Look there was a load of knobheads there, a girl behind me was shouting, giving out that she had gotten her hair done and giving out cos she had to stand so long and she kept going on and on. I was like, 'go home if you want to then'. As the cunts were booing I was saying shut the fuck up, let's all enjoy this. It wasn't exactly a rough crowd

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Annie
« Reply #436 on: September 05, 2010, 11:33:54 AM »

I got hit on top of the head with a glass beer mug at the Adler's Appetite concert in the Seattle area at least 6 times by a guy who was old enough to know better. Some people just care about themselves. It was really annoying, so I can imagine how infuriating it is for the band who is trying to concentrate and put on a good show. I was irritated  in Las Vegas when people were throwing cups on the stageat the last GNr show at the Joint. Now I know why you can't take bottles into the Allstate Arena or the United Center.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: