Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 02:57:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Slash friends again?
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash friends again?  (Read 213229 times)
Princess Leia
« Reply #880 on: September 10, 2015, 02:01:53 PM »

Does this mean he hates the fans?

Just curious.....

Tongue

/jarmo

He hates the fans who talk about reunion, Axl, The Rolling Stones and I guess the whole world.  Roll Eyes  He is bashing fans because they speculate about reunion. It is not the fans fault if Slash said thing were cool with Axl. It is not the fans fault that in all this time nobody in the know haven?t said a word denying reunion rumors. I guess he is denying the rumors but that?s not the right way. The guy has acted like a fucking jerk
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #881 on: September 10, 2015, 02:06:32 PM »

Clearly now you can now see how fucking stupid the comments I've read about GN'R's management and their supposed "hate" for the fans are.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #882 on: September 10, 2015, 02:09:11 PM »

Clearly now you can now see how fucking stupid the comments I've read about GN'R's management and their supposed "hate" for the fans are.

Would you say they cultivate a more adversarial relationship with their fanbase than the acts of other management teams?  Is that fair?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #883 on: September 10, 2015, 02:12:46 PM »

Conversational Re-Direct : DENIED

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #884 on: September 10, 2015, 02:17:53 PM »

Second info is this: Slash doesn't have a plan to play or record with Axl and it's not in the works.

The info I got a few days ago didn't come from Ash but I'm pretty much sure there are no reunion plans...

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #885 on: September 10, 2015, 02:19:43 PM »

The "front door" analogy was...different.

Haha I agree with that!

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #886 on: September 10, 2015, 02:42:51 PM »

Hahahaha

Respect the hell out a of a good callback joke.  Nicely done.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #887 on: September 10, 2015, 02:54:20 PM »

Thank you. Still, no soup for you!

/jarmo

Princess Leia
« Reply #888 on: September 10, 2015, 03:25:07 PM »

No question Slash brother breaks all the records. But nobody is in a position to cast the first stone when it comes to communications and fans.

In this reunion issue I?m surprised Duff hasn?t denied. He is probably the only former member who seems to be the more mature. And he has always been fan friendly.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #889 on: September 10, 2015, 03:35:58 PM »

I see it's been 2 weeks since the "big news" and absolutely nothing happened since.

I'm usually not an insider, but I got some information a few days ago from someone pretty close to Slash. As usual, you have to take it with a grain of salt, but here is the info: Slash is playing low now about the whole "Axl and Slash are friends", "reunion time" and all that stuff because he didn't imagine it would be blown such out of proportion (which is something that has been confirmed by Slash's manager to Eddie Trunk). Second info is this: Slash doesn't have a plan to play or record with Axl and it's not in the works.

This is a bit confirmed as well by the fact that he just announced some more tour dates a few days ago, including Minsk (1st time ever there) and Moscow: http://slashonline.com/tour/ . He will continue his tour with Myles Kennedy and will record a new album next year. There is nothing planned with Axl right now. That is the info I got now, I'm not saying it won't evolve or change, but I'm pretty confident Slash and Axl won't play together anytime soon.

You can decide to believe me or not, I've been in the online GN'R community asince 1998, but when I heard this it just confirmed what I thought, which seemed pretty obvious (but apparently not to some people...). I don't see Slash leaving everything he has built since 2010 for a reunion tour or whatever, and same thing for Axl.

Interesting.  Thanks for sharing the information.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #890 on: September 10, 2015, 03:52:01 PM »

/jarmo

Well, to be fair, the context is that Slash's brother is sick and tired of being bombarded by hackneyed reunion questions on HIS facebook page.  So he let loose.  I get it.

I see it's been 2 weeks since the "big news" and absolutely nothing happened since.

I'm usually not an insider, but I got some information a few days ago from someone pretty close to Slash. As usual, you have to take it with a grain of salt, but here is the info: Slash is playing low now about the whole "Axl and Slash are friends", "reunion time" and all that stuff because he didn't imagine it would be blown such out of proportion (which is something that has been confirmed by Slash's manager to Eddie Trunk). Second info is this: Slash doesn't have a plan to play or record with Axl and it's not in the works.

This is a bit confirmed as well by the fact that he just announced some more tour dates a few days ago, including Minsk (1st time ever there) and Moscow: http://slashonline.com/tour/ . He will continue his tour with Myles Kennedy and will record a new album next year. There is nothing planned with Axl right now. That is the info I got now, I'm not saying it won't evolve or change, but I'm pretty confident Slash and Axl won't play together anytime soon.

You can decide to believe me or not, I've been in the online GN'R community asince 1998, but when I heard this it just confirmed what I thought, which seemed pretty obvious (but apparently not to some people...). I don't see Slash leaving everything he has built since 2010 for a reunion tour or whatever, and same thing for Axl.

You're right Will, this is all just confirming the obvious.  Anybody who has a lick of sense knew better than to take Slash's comments at anything other than face value and knew there was no reunion (and feasibly not even a conversation) between Slash and Axl.  Time for this issue to die.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 03:55:46 PM by Bridge » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #891 on: September 10, 2015, 04:58:04 PM »

/jarmo

Well, to be fair, the context is that Slash's brother is sick and tired of being bombarded by hackneyed reunion questions on HIS facebook page.  So he let loose.  I get it.

Definitely. But he's not the first person this happens to.
I was just making a little joke on behalf of those fans who make claims that GN'R's management hates us fans because they have spoken out against certain fans over the years. So using that logic, shouldn't these same people now be upset that they're once again being hated?  hihi

I mean, I don't feel singled out by any of these comments. Not even when Axl called the Internet a big garbage can did I get insulted.... But what do I know?

/jarmo

Princess Leia
« Reply #892 on: September 11, 2015, 03:55:41 AM »

/jarmo

Definitely. But he's not the first person this happens to.
I was just making a little joke on behalf of those fans who make claims that GN'R's management hates us fans because they have spoken out against certain fans over the years. So using that logic, shouldn't these same people now be upset that they're once again being hated?  hihi

I mean, I don't feel singled out by any of these comments. Not even when Axl called the Internet a big garbage can did I get insulted.... But what do I know?

/jarmo

That Axl rant (Or the rant by Slash brother for that matter) very light comments compare to Kill The Internet (Stradlin/McKagan)

smoking
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #893 on: September 11, 2015, 10:39:49 AM »

Story is on Blabbermouth now. Slash must be all >_<
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #894 on: September 11, 2015, 02:22:22 PM »

He apologized

Ash Hudson
18 mins ?
I apologize to Axl and his legions of fans who were offended by my post of yesterday.
I am sorry I shot my mouth off, I know, or should know better than to get involved in GNR business. It has come to me attention that Axl is on a strict diet and losing weight.
Unfortunately, my post was very offensive and upsetting to my brother, for which I apologize.
To the rest of the world,...I had one of these days when people kept asking me about a possible reunion and I had had enough...again my apologies

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #895 on: September 11, 2015, 02:30:38 PM »

He apologized

Ash Hudson
18 mins ?
I apologize to Axl and his legions of fans who were offended by my post of yesterday.
I am sorry I shot my mouth off, I know, or should know better than to get involved in GNR business. It has come to me attention that Axl is on a strict diet and losing weight.
Unfortunately, my post was very offensive and upsetting to my brother, for which I apologize.
To the rest of the world,...I had one of these days when people kept asking me about a possible reunion and I had had enough...again my apologies

Is this real?  It doens't really scream sincere to me.  He still sounds like a douche.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #896 on: September 11, 2015, 02:41:08 PM »

He apologized

Ash Hudson
18 mins ?

Is this real?  It doens't really scream sincere to me.  He still sounds like a douche.

Somebody sent it to me via email, it is almost a faux-pas in itself.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #897 on: September 11, 2015, 02:42:02 PM »

Ive seen lots of idiots. He beats everyone though

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #898 on: September 11, 2015, 02:52:23 PM »

So,

But I see an unwillingness on guns relationship with fans , no one makes any statement to refute rumors or to speak any news related to the band

We as blind in the middle of shooting.

Axl Rose became a fucking recluse, does not give interviews , does not speak absolutely nothing interesting about music

Am not a hater.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 02:56:34 PM by Slashrose » Logged
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #899 on: September 11, 2015, 03:23:46 PM »

This is coming form the part of me that blows everything out of proportion... but the following lines from Ash's apology when together like they are in his email is interesting to me:

"It has come to me attention that Axl is on a strict diet and losing weight.
Unfortunately, my post was very offensive and upsetting to my brother, for which I apologize."

So he obviously caught flack from Slash, but did he hear from someone else? Did Slash tell him about the diet? OR is he just adding the diet part sort of tongue in cheek?

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: