Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:52:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reunion Tour???
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reunion Tour???  (Read 151457 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #840 on: December 28, 2015, 05:49:04 PM »

So how many shows did you attend in South America?

You are one of those people that doesn't attend shows and lives to complain on the internet - guess it helps to vent nerd rage.  hihi

Whateves, Emmy.

I don't really have the energy to fight with you two today.  Not with things on the upswing.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #841 on: December 28, 2015, 05:49:08 PM »

One, I hear pretty consistently that's not a problem for him anymore.  So should be no worries.

However, I also tend to think there is going to be some sort of agreement that Axl will make a better effort to color between the lines.

Yeah, we haven't heard people complain as much about the lateness lately. Simply because they haven't been very late. But if it would happen at ONE show some just burst out "typical Axl, what an asshat".

That's even before anybody knows the circumstances. Now, if Slash and Duff are part of the whole thing... I think some will reserve judgement.

As for Axl signing any agreement about his behavior, I don't see that happening. That would mean him admitting to every myth about him, however exaggerated.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #842 on: December 28, 2015, 05:50:00 PM »

Telling someone that no one cares about their perspective or viewpoint is a way of attempting to invalidate their perspective without actually saying their perspective is invalid, per se. I don't see how it's conducive to any sort of productive and respectful dialogue.

Fortunately, I don't think there is going to be a real high volume of anything but giddiness and euphoria in 2 weeks time, if this all comes together.

I don't think this one is going to be a real problem.
I don't disagree, but one can enjoy potential future developments without putting down a differing perspective.

Ali
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #843 on: December 28, 2015, 05:51:41 PM »

So how many shows did you attend in South America?

You are one of those people that doesn't attend shows and lives to complain on the internet - guess it helps to vent nerd rage.  hihi

Whateves, Emmy.

I don't really have the energy to fight with you two today.  Not with things on the upswing.

Very exciting time to be a GNR fan!  ok

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #844 on: December 28, 2015, 05:52:17 PM »

As for Axl signing any agreement about his behavior, I don't see that happening. That would mean him admitting to every myth about him, however exaggerated.

True, but who thought we'd ever be seriously talking about a reunion either.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #845 on: December 28, 2015, 05:53:00 PM »

Very exciting time to be a GNR fan!  ok

Hahahahaha

It is, indeed.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #846 on: December 28, 2015, 05:53:20 PM »

Many will probably all of the sudden be more "forgiving" if anything less than good happens during a tour.  hihi

I'm not so sure.

Slash and Duff with an Axl that sounds like he did in 2010 (or, god willing...2006) is going to be very well received.  Through the roof, I'd say.

But all the Slash and Duff in the world is not going to paper over an Axl like we've seen on the last couple of tours, with nothing behind his voice.

Are you suggesting that the simple addition of Slash and Duff to the stage will make people lie about what they are hearing?  

I can't say I see that happening.  Guy either sounds good or not, I think.  Ears don't lie, regardless of what the eyes show.
So complaints will be resigned strictly to how Axl sounds on YouTube clips? Is that what we have to look forward to?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #847 on: December 28, 2015, 05:55:58 PM »

So complaints will be resigned strictly to how Axl sounds on YouTube clips? Is that what we have to look forward to?

Is Coachella broadcast, as a rule?  Anywhere?

I mean something akin to Rock In Rio.  That's a soundboard quality production.  Not some dude with a phone.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #848 on: December 28, 2015, 05:56:51 PM »

True, but who thought we'd ever be seriously talking about a reunion either.

Adler probably.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #849 on: December 28, 2015, 06:02:40 PM »

I mean something akin to Rock In Rio.  That's a soundboard quality production.  Not some dude with a phone.

Nope. Not live, in its entirety.

They've done a couple concert movies type things. But not, say, live on pay per view or whatever.

Sirius has done some selected live broadcasts from there, in the past. But not whole sets, i don't think. Just pieces.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 06:07:49 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #850 on: December 28, 2015, 06:06:42 PM »

Bummer.

Well, I imagine we will at least get a song or two, right?

MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #851 on: December 28, 2015, 06:10:11 PM »

Nope. Not live, in its entirety.

They've done a couple concert movies type things. But not, say, live on pay per view or whatever.

Sirius has done some selected live broadcasts from there, in the past. But not whole sets, i don't think. Just pieces.

Yes, on their Youtube channel http://www.axs.com/youtube-to-stream-first-weekend-of-the-2015-coachella-music-festival-47173

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #852 on: December 28, 2015, 06:11:02 PM »

Woo-hoo!!

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #853 on: December 28, 2015, 06:14:55 PM »

And sometimes festivals stream shows, but artists can opt out.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #854 on: December 28, 2015, 06:16:37 PM »

Imagine if a reunion happens, and there's a naysayer fan yelling BUCKETHEAD BUCKETHEAD  !!  at Slash

Just like I saw a fat asshole yell Slash at Robin and Richard in 2006.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #855 on: December 28, 2015, 06:25:06 PM »

Not sure. Were any of the SA shows you say he sounded bad during professionally broadcast? Not asking to be a dick. I honestly don't recall. I didn't think they were though.

And I know it sounds like a cop out, but Axl hasn't fared well with these live broadcasts in the past. From Rock in Rio to the Bridge School benefit, they weren't the greatest performances for my taste. Unfortunately people see one bad clip and they think that's indicative of what he always sounds like. The last clips we saw of him though, he sounded pretty good. Hopefully he can pick up where he left off.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #856 on: December 28, 2015, 06:28:30 PM »

For some fans, they never got into the band when the old band existed. So it's not surprising that the GN'R that existed in the 2000s  was their band.
Just like some never gave them a chance because it wasn't the old band, some never cared all that much about the old band.

But if you were a younger fan that grew up on 'Star Wars' prequels, you were at least aware of the original trilogy.  Even if it came out before your time.

And once you saw them, the difference in quality and what really left a lasting mark was pretty hard to ignore.  Unless you just wanted to play contrarian.

There are some people who might actually prefer the prequels to the original 3 though.  I can relate slightly to this as when I became a GNR fan Matt Sorum was the drummer, therefore when I think of "classic" Guns to me it is the Illusion line up.  It is why I never had much of an interest in Steven Adler.  I actually preferred Sorums aggressive style of  playing on the live versions of AFD so i really never even thought twice about why Steven Adler wasn't in the band.  I would imagine people who discovered the band in the last 15 years have their own preference when it comes to different band members.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #857 on: December 28, 2015, 06:29:33 PM »

Were any of the SA shows you say he sounded bad during professionally broadcast? Not asking to be a dick. I honestly don't recall. I didn't think they were though.

They were not.  

But there were multiple songs from multiple nights.  Enough to paint a picture.

I've never had a problem seeing such clips and labeling them good either.  That tends to get lost in the shuffle here.  I've consistently said he sounded good in Las Vegas in June.  No professional broadcast there either.

I'm either wrong both ways or right both ways.

And I know it sounds like a cop out, but Axl hasn't fared well with these live broadcasts in the past. From Rock in Rio to the Bridge School benefit, they weren't the greatest performances for my taste. Unfortunately people see one bad clip and they think that's indicative of what he always sounds like. The last clips we saw of him though, he sounded pretty good. Hopefully he can pick up where he left off.

Agreed all around.

I don't even worry about that Bridge School thing, but the damage he did to himself online was pretty devastating.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #858 on: December 28, 2015, 06:31:41 PM »

There are some people who might actually prefer the prequels to the original 3 though.  I can relate slightly to this as when I became a GNR fan Matt Sorum was the drummer, therefore when I think of "classic" Guns to me it is the Illusion line up.  It is why I never had much of an interest in Steven Adler.  I actually preferred Sorums aggressive style of  playing on the live versions of AFD so i really never even thought twice about why Steven Adler wasn't in the band.  I would imagine people who discovered the band in the last 15 years have their own preference when it comes to different band members.

Agreed on Sorum.

But the thing I wonder about the other bit was...how did they become fans?  CD only came out in 2008.  So if they became fans during the lead up, wasn't it based on the classic material?

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #859 on: December 28, 2015, 06:41:09 PM »

Agreed on Sorum.

But the thing I wonder about the other bit was...how did they become fans?  CD only came out in 2008.  So if they became fans during the lead up, wasn't it based on the classic material?
Not necessarily. I've heard people talk about how they heard about the Chinese Democracy saga and decided to check out what that was about. They became intrigued by the mystery of it all and at the same time discovered the new songs they were playing. Granted, the classic material was a part of it, but not necessarily the underlying reason that they became interested in the band. Not an apples to apples comparison, but I prefer most of the covers GNR has done to the originals. So if someone sees the 2002 lineup playing "You Could Be Mine" and are mesmerized by Buckethead and Robin, that's what they're going to identify with. Especially if they weren't a fan of the band in the late 80's and early 90's.

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: