Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:21:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reunion Tour???
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reunion Tour???  (Read 151462 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #860 on: December 28, 2015, 06:47:56 PM »

So complaints will be resigned strictly to how Axl sounds on YouTube clips? Is that what we have to look forward to?

Is Coachella broadcast, as a rule?  Anywhere?

I mean something akin to Rock In Rio.  That's a soundboard quality production.  Not some dude with a phone.

Nope. Not live, in its entirety.

They've done a couple concert movies type things. But not, say, live on pay per view or whatever.

Sirius has done some selected live broadcasts from there, in the past. But not whole sets, i don't think. Just pieces.

Yes, on their Youtube channel http://www.axs.com/youtube-to-stream-first-weekend-of-the-2015-coachella-music-festival-47173

Just came back to say this. Apparently, last year, tmobile sponsored a live stream of weekend one on coachellas youtube channel.

Not sure about weekend 2, with ac/dc.  Maybe? Anyone know for sure?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #861 on: December 28, 2015, 06:48:41 PM »

Were any of the SA shows you say he sounded bad during professionally broadcast? Not asking to be a dick. I honestly don't recall. I didn't think they were though.

They were not.  

But there were multiple songs from multiple nights.  Enough to paint a picture.

I've never had a problem seeing such clips and labeling them good either.  That tends to get lost in the shuffle here.  I've consistently said he sounded good in Las Vegas in June.  No professional broadcast there either.

I'm either wrong both ways or right both ways.

true. But the last we saw of him, we agree that he sounded pretty darn good. I'll agree with you that his performance can be inconsistent. But I think he was that way even back in the 90's. Not to make excuses for him, but his style of singing doesn't lend itself to a walk in the park performance in a live setting.

With that being said, he'd probably do himself some good by getting himself into better shape for the next run of dates. Father Time gets us all eventually. The older you get, the harder you have to work.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #862 on: December 28, 2015, 07:00:03 PM »

There are some people who might actually prefer the prequels to the original 3 though.  I can relate slightly to this as when I became a GNR fan Matt Sorum was the drummer, therefore when I think of "classic" Guns to me it is the Illusion line up.  It is why I never had much of an interest in Steven Adler.  I actually preferred Sorums aggressive style of  playing on the live versions of AFD so i really never even thought twice about why Steven Adler wasn't in the band.  I would imagine people who discovered the band in the last 15 years have their own preference when it comes to different band members.

Agreed on Sorum.

But the thing I wonder about the other bit was...how did they become fans?  CD only came out in 2008.  So if they became fans during the lead up, wasn't it based on the classic material?
Agreed on Sorum here too.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #863 on: December 28, 2015, 07:05:20 PM »

There are some people who might actually prefer the prequels to the original 3 though.  I can relate slightly to this as when I became a GNR fan Matt Sorum was the drummer, therefore when I think of "classic" Guns to me it is the Illusion line up.  It is why I never had much of an interest in Steven Adler.  I actually preferred Sorums aggressive style of  playing on the live versions of AFD so i really never even thought twice about why Steven Adler wasn't in the band.  I would imagine people who discovered the band in the last 15 years have their own preference when it comes to different band members.

Agreed on Sorum.

But the thing I wonder about the other bit was...how did they become fans?  CD only came out in 2008.  So if they became fans during the lead up, wasn't it based on the classic material?

Not really, the build up had Madagascar, Rhiad, Silkworms, The Blues and CHinese Democracy.  I think those are enough to build new fans.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #864 on: December 28, 2015, 08:17:36 PM »

I have been a fan of all the Line ups of GNR but I became a fan with the original guys so this is getting me very excited. I would love to here CD 2 material at some point down the line but Ill take a reunion first  ok

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #865 on: January 17, 2016, 12:32:24 PM »

Small update.

AEG Live has changed GNR's logo from the Chinese Democracy one to the bullet logo on their website.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: