Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:50:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ comments on current situation
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ comments on current situation  (Read 30288 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #140 on: April 28, 2015, 04:01:34 PM »

Nope, our disconnect is in the fact that you're presenting only ONE possible scenario..and it's the one that paints the worst possible picture. And the WAY it's presented makes it seem like there is some reason to believe it's accurate.

I don't care that you're doing it.  But it should be labeled for what it is: A piece of fiction

Again, I kind of didn't think I really had to.  I was sort of giving people credit to sort that out on their own.

In the future, I guess I will type in all caps WHAT FOLLOWS IS A PARODY...

Avoid all this pesky confusion.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #141 on: April 28, 2015, 04:08:10 PM »

But I think it bears pointing out that your scenario only fits if you're trying to prop up a very specific agenda.  There's no reason to believe any conversation like that ACTUALLY occurred, nor anything like it. Right?

OK, so I'm not totally offbase here.

Its less to do with the fact you couldn't deduce it was a joke post (which frankly, was near impossible to believe), its you are offended at the fact its even joked about. 

You think its out of line.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #142 on: April 28, 2015, 04:15:51 PM »

But I think it bears pointing out that your scenario only fits if you're trying to prop up a very specific agenda.  There's no reason to believe any conversation like that ACTUALLY occurred, nor anything like it. Right?

OK, so I'm not totally offbase here.

Its less to do with the fact you couldn't deduce it was a joke post (which frankly, was near impossible to believe), its you are offended at the fact its even joked about. 

You think its out of line.

Nope, not offended. And agenda was the wrong word there. I hunted, shot, and missed. Point of view was what i was looking for.

And you're allowed to have your pov. I dont begrudge you it. I dont think its out of line. I dont share it, but i see where it comes from

But maybe allow for the fact there are others, equally as valid/likely.

Thats where we largely part company...when its all pov, no substance. Not because youre not allowed/welcome to your pov. But because its just not solid footing for actual discussion. Its just noise....and "propaganday" noise (note quotes).

I think that bears pointing out. Thats all.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 04:18:07 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #143 on: April 28, 2015, 04:19:59 PM »

Nope, not offended. And agenda was the wrong word there. I hunted, shot, and missed. Point of view was what i was looking for.

In all fairness, that does change things quite a bit.  The reality is that "agenda" does have a connotation to it.  And its not how light you are taking things.

As for the rest of your post, I think what you said is both fair and accurate.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #144 on: April 28, 2015, 04:37:47 PM »

In all fairness, that does change things quite a bit.  The reality is that "agenda" does have a connotation to it.  And its not how light you are taking things.

As for the rest of your post, I think what you said is both fair and accurate.

I know. Chalk it up to hurrying out the door, struggling with a word on the tip of your tongue, and ultimately using the only word thats "coming out". I call that "spinnng my wheels" around the house. I knew when i hit post it wasnt the right word...and the right one hit me half way to picking my kid up from softball practice.

My bad. Pov was def the word i was trying, but failed, to find.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 04:39:57 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #145 on: April 28, 2015, 04:38:45 PM »

Nope, our disconnect is in the fact that you're presenting only ONE possible scenario..and it's the one that paints the worst possible picture. And the WAY it's presented makes it seem like there is some reason to believe it's accurate.

I don't care that you're doing it.  But it should be labeled for what it is: A piece of fiction

Again, I kind of didn't think I really had to.  I was sort of giving people credit to sort that out on their own.

In the future, I guess I will type in all caps WHAT FOLLOWS IS A PARODY...

Avoid all this pesky confusion.

I suggest fluffy unicorns, bloody daggers, and rainbows to identifly them.  Or actual funny.  Tongue

Together again,
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2015, 08:59:28 AM »

exciting conversation.  hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #147 on: May 01, 2015, 07:44:21 PM »

http://loudwire.com/nikki-sixx-new-sixx-a-m-album-world-tour-2016/

So Nikki Sixx tweeted that there will be a new Sixx Am Album and a world tour in 2016, so does that means GNR will do no shit in 2016 also? or TB will make Ashba cancel the Sixx Am tour? or maybe Sixx Am could open for GNR? or Ashba is out too?

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #148 on: May 01, 2015, 09:21:40 PM »

or TB will make Ashba cancel the Sixx Am tour? or maybe Sixx Am could open for GNR? or Ashba is out too?

DJ probably thinks that it doesn't really matter where he plays as long as he gets to do what he loves. Nikki asked first and off we go. It's one thing to say something in an interview and another thing what they really think.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #149 on: May 02, 2015, 12:43:27 AM »

So Nikki Sixx tweeted that there will be a new Sixx Am Album and a world tour in 2016, so does that means GNR will do no shit in 2016 also? or TB will make Ashba cancel the Sixx Am tour? or maybe Sixx Am could open for GNR? or Ashba is out too?

Where in that did it say Ashba was out or mention GNR future shows? Must have missed that part  Roll Eyes

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #150 on: May 02, 2015, 02:19:48 PM »

Where in that did it say Ashba was out or mention GNR future shows? Must have missed that part  Roll Eyes

All questions asked by me

Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #151 on: May 02, 2015, 02:46:33 PM »

A Sixx:AM world tour could occupy a month or two still leaving tons of room for Ashba to do things with GNR or score a film (referencing today's pic he posted), or Ashba Media, etc.

I don't see a Six Month Sixx:AM tour happening.

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #152 on: May 02, 2015, 03:47:45 PM »

Was a rhetorical question. I'm not a fan of reading between the lines, twisting words, or interpretations that mean something else besides what was directly said.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #153 on: May 02, 2015, 06:28:40 PM »

Was a rhetorical question. I'm not a fan of reading between the lines, twisting words, or interpretations that mean something else besides what was directly said.

The dude asked a few simple questions. Roll Eyes
 No suppositions, no twisting of words, no insinuations. He wanted to know what others thought regarding DJ's status if he's out with Sixx AM.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #154 on: May 02, 2015, 07:35:32 PM »

A year is 12 months. Besides, look at how they managed to squeeze in the album and tour when Nikki was busy with the Motley Crue farewell tour.
It's possible the roles will be reversed in 2016 and Dj will be busy with GN'R.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #155 on: May 02, 2015, 09:04:58 PM »

People will read into Nikki's comments what they wanna read, but he wasn't even mentioning Gn'r because he's not even part of that group.

Jarmo said it all. Sixx Am and Motley Crue did it in 2015 so there's no reason to think Gn'r can't do the same in 2016.

Peace!

Chinese Democracy!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #156 on: May 02, 2015, 11:36:00 PM »

In this new interview, DJ says when asked if he will still be touring with Guns N' Roses -- GN'R will always be "one" of his top priorities.

Vegas Rocks: What do you like most about working with SIXX:A.M.?

DJ Ashba: "SIXX:A.M. is a labor of love. It's where we all three come together and there are no rules and no limits. We have total freedom to push ourselves creatively and also stay true to who we are as artists without a label breathing down our necks."

Vegas Rocks: I know that Nikki said after Motley Crue finish their final tour, SIXX: A.M. with be his priority. What big plans does the band have in store?

DJ Ashba: We will continue to put out albums that we can be proud of and connect with our audience.

Vegas Rocks: Will you still be touring with Guns N' Roses?

DJ Ashba: Yes, Guns N' Roses will always be one of my top priorities.

http://vegasrocks.com/?page_id=313

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #157 on: May 03, 2015, 04:49:14 AM »

This is quite worrying really. It used to be that this band was always a top priority with new music coming out. Now it sounds like he's conceding it's not happening.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #158 on: May 03, 2015, 06:30:43 AM »

This is quite worrying really. It used to be that this band was always a top priority with new music coming out. Now it sounds like he's conceding it's not happening.
He has many irons in the fire, Ashba Swag, His design company, production projects, Sixx AM and GnR, and not forgetting his wife - all could be considered as a "top priority...." What's changed? Nothing as I can tell  ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #159 on: May 03, 2015, 08:56:29 AM »

Exactly. What kind of business man is gonna say something else is his only top priority while running a company?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: