Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:45:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Has Ron heard Chinese Democracy?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Has Ron heard Chinese Democracy?  (Read 17040 times)
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« on: October 07, 2006, 08:32:12 PM »

I tried to post this is the topic about Ron not recording on Chinese Democracy, but it was locked. 

Anyways, since he has stated that he will have any parts recorded on Chinese Democracy do you think he has even heard the entire album?  Since all they have played with him in the band is Madagascar, There Was a Time, Chinese Democracy, IRS, Better, and The Blues (correct me if I missed any) is there really any reason for him to hear any of the other songs?  What do you think?
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 08:32:59 PM »

Who cares?

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 08:33:37 PM »

No, he hasn't.

Bye.
Hypird
Headliner

Hanoi Rocks

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 08:39:34 PM »

propably rhiyad since it was in the setlist

"Just because I don?t sleep
Doesn?t mean that I?ve stopped dreaming"
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 08:39:49 PM »

Why the hell is everyone acting like a jerk to this guy?

It's a legit question. And yeah I think he has.. especally by now.

gnrevolution.com
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 08:43:24 PM »

I'm pretty sure someone on MySpace asked him and Ron said he heard a couple songs through headphones on a CD player or something. He said he wasn't allowed to hear the whole album.

Forgive me if I'm wrong.
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 08:49:46 PM »

Ron came in at a Gilby Position, so technically he doesn't 'need' to hear the full album.? But I think it would be nice if Uncle Axl let him.

He's heard the songs he has to play a couple times, Axl is so protective he wouldn't give him his own copy, heck I don't even think Axl allows himself to keep a copy on him without a master lock sealing it.  ?
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 08:50:10 PM »

haha thanks Jack... its all good though, these guys don't like me because I don't kiss the dirt that Axl has pissed on. 

But if some one really got a myspace message from him like Russian Roulette said then that answers my question I suppose. 
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 08:51:20 PM »

I'm pretty sure someone on MySpace asked him and Ron said he heard a couple songs through headphones on a CD player or something. He said he wasn't allowed to hear the whole album.

Forgive me if I'm wrong.

yeah, he said something about learning them by listening to the songs through headphones on a computer
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 09:01:15 PM »

Forgive me if I'm wrong.

yeah, he said something about learning them by listening to the songs through headphones on a computer

And some people shit talk the guy for not playing the solos just like or as good as bucket.  he heard them once through a lap top and couldn't figure them out on one listen and perfect them.  what do you guys expect.  he has the ideas down, but thats a poor move my management to not let him keep something with buckets solos on them.  now all these people bitch.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 09:01:23 PM »

haha thanks Jack... its all good though, these guys don't like me because I don't kiss the dirt that Axl has pissed on. 

But if some one really got a myspace message from him like Russian Roulette said then that answers my question I suppose. 

I hardly kiss the dirt that Axl has pissed on, my friend.  hihi

I'm not exactly the most positive fan you'll find.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 09:02:51 PM »

Forgive me if I'm wrong.

And some people shit talk the guy for not playing the solos just like or as good as bucket.  he heard them once through a lap top and couldn't figure them out on one listen and perfect them.  what do you guys expect.  he has the ideas down, but thats a poor move my management to not let him keep something with buckets solos on them.  now all these people bitch.

I think it's because Ron is just being used by GN'R for their upcoming tour (and the European tour). They realized in order to go on tour they needed someone fast and they hit up Ron for the gig. I don't think he's really a permanent replacement, and I think after the dust from this tour settles and Axl retires to his mansion again for a number of years while we wait for Chinese Democracy 2: Hungarian Exposition, Ron will have returned to his solo work.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 09:07:03 PM »

Ron came in at a Gilby Position, so technically he doesn't 'need' to hear the full album.? But I think it would be nice if Uncle Axl let him.

He's heard the songs he has to play a couple times, Axl is so protective he wouldn't give him his own copy, heck I don't even think Axl allows himself to keep a copy on him without a master lock sealing it.? ?
...... remember the lead singer of avenged sevenfold has a copy?

http://www.gnrnews.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=313#313

im surprised they havent leaked yet.
GunsN'Gravy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2006, 09:14:15 PM »

Who cares?
I hate how often nimrods post this. Obviously He cares or He wouldn't have asked, right? I know I'm curious about it as well. If you are too stupid to post something somewhat meaningful, why not go do something else.

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2006, 09:19:58 PM »

He's heard the songs he has to play a couple times, Axl is so protective he wouldn't give him his own copy, heck I don't even think Axl allows himself to keep a copy on him without a master lock sealing it.? ?

More reason for me not to like the singer from AX7, that Jerk has CD
fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2006, 09:20:47 PM »

Look guys know one but Ron and a few others know whether he's heard it or not with 100 percent certainty.I read a myspace email reply he gave to someone saying that we're gonna love the songs.

My guess is by now....UM...YEAH!!

He's done a Euoropean tour with them and is about to embark on a massive world tour with GNR, you dont think that somewhere along the way someone played it to him.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 09:22:30 PM by fishyguy » Logged
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2006, 09:21:48 PM »

personally i think ron has heard ALL the album.remember,he's gonna be endorsed as a member of GNR with the album being the only material.i dont think ron would sign up to GNR without hearin what the band has in stall for the future.its just silly to think a band member hasnt even heard the upcomin album ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?just my thoughts ?peace

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2006, 09:34:37 PM »

Ron came in at a Gilby Position, so technically he doesn't 'need' to hear the full album.  But I think it would be nice if Uncle Axl let him.

He's heard the songs he has to play a couple times, Axl is so protective he wouldn't give him his own copy, heck I don't even think Axl allows himself to keep a copy on him without a master lock sealing it.   

More reason for me not to like the singer from AX7, that Jerk has CD

I don't think he does.

He probably has the leaks we all have and like five or six other mis-tagged songs.

"LOL HEY U GUYZ DID U KNOWZ AXL WOWSE HE MADE A SDONG CALLED DA OKLAHOMA LOLZ IT SOUNDS DA TITS"

I doubt Axl would give him the full record.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2006, 09:43:52 PM »

I would think he has heard it especially if he is going to tour behind it. But he probrally doesnt have a copy of his own yet. Maybe the sheet music   hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2006, 10:43:05 PM »

Forgive me if I'm wrong.

I think this is exactly the reason that proves Ron is not gonna be perminately in that position. Ron, as friendly as he's been to us, I feel is another Gilby Clarke and is simply plugging a hole in the band, so it can move forward.

Maybe after they support CD, and go after their next album, possibly Izzy will fill the rest of the void, or someone new.

I just don't see Thal being perminate in this band like the others for some reason.

jmo

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: