Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:41:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Has Ron heard Chinese Democracy?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Has Ron heard Chinese Democracy?  (Read 17039 times)
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2006, 11:16:52 PM »

I think Ron has heard what Axl wants him to hear. 

I.E  He learns all gunners old stuff and the 5 or so new songs that they will play live.

I do beleave that he is just a touring musician.  I dont know who will take his place.

You can sorta pick up on this vibe when they play.  Sorta like when Paul played with them.   Dosnt seem right.

If you dont like me, blow me!
fear the juggalo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2006, 11:17:52 PM »

no, he has not heard it yet
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2006, 11:33:31 PM »

100th time and counting........
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2006, 11:50:42 PM »

Maybe after they support CD, and go after their next album, possibly Izzy will fill the rest of the void, or someone new.

Izzy?

Yeah, let nostalgia do the talking. Izzy, Robin and Richard (and most of the rest out there) can't play/write the parts people like Ron and Bucket can play/write.

If Axl is in any way interested in presenting a coherent new GNR (which I think he definately is by now) he will keep Ron. All this BS on how people can pick up the "Paul Huge vibe"?...? no

Last time I checked the two main figures in this band (Axl and Tommy) portrayed a warm attitude towards Ron (RaR). Furthermore, Paul didn't want to be a permanent member himself (because of the extensive touring that comes with it).

On topic: I think that by now, Ron has heard most of the new stuff...

-PEACE-
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 11:52:56 PM by Slipdisc » Logged

axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2006, 12:00:01 AM »

Maybe after they support CD, and go after their next album, possibly Izzy will fill the rest of the void, or someone new.

Izzy?

Yeah, let nostalgia do the talking. Izzy, Robin and Richard (and most of the rest out there) can't play/write the parts people like Ron and Bucket can play/write.

If Axl is in any way interested in presenting a coherent new GNR (which I think he definately is by now) he will keep Ron. All this BS on how people can pick up the "Paul Huge vibe" ...  no

Last time I checked the two main figures in this band (Axl and Tommy) portrayed a warm attitude towards Ron (RaR). Furthermore, Paul didn't want to be a permanent member himself (because of the extensive touring that comes with it).

-PEACE-

I dont think Ron has ever heard AFD.   Haha, just had to say that.

Anyways, I am a huge Buckethead fan, but what is all this talk about writting skills??   Ron and Buckethead and all the new players havnt written anything that has sold anything.  Anything that has caught on mainstream?  No...

The origanl players, where not the best players at first, but they new how to cut a grove.

Catchy shit that you can dance to and rock out to is hard to do.  None of the new members have proven this.

If you dont like me, blow me!
JohnnyBlade
Opening Act

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2006, 12:12:20 AM »

Izzy?

If Axl is in any way interested in presenting a coherent new GNR (which I think he definately is by now) he will keep Ron. All this BS on how people can pick up the "Paul Huge vibe" ...? no

-PEACE-

I dont think Ron has ever heard AFD.? ?Haha, just had to say that.

Anyways, I am a huge Buckethead fan, but what is all this talk about writting skills??? ?Ron and Buckethead and all the new players havnt written anything that has sold anything.? Anything that has caught on mainstream?? No...

The origanl players, where not the best players at first, but they new how to cut a grove.

Catchy shit that you can dance to and rock out to is hard to do.? None of the new members have proven this.
yeah thats true, you can be the fastest shreder in the world but that doesn't mean you can come up with a good solid rift that every one remebers.
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2006, 12:18:31 AM »

I disagree, Ron's riff for MXC is pretty memorable. I love that damn riff lol. IMO, Ron looks like he fits right in with GNR, if fucking Richard and Robin would jam with him more, then it would fit more, all I ever see is them jamming together haha.
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2006, 12:21:58 AM »

Who cares?
Yeah, its not like Ron is Richard Fortus? Knowhatimsayin.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2006, 02:01:29 AM »

Izzy?

Whatever world you live in, i'm not there. Maybe it's that distant chicken coupe in space with Bucket.

I'm here on the planet Earth, and to say Izzy, Robin & Richard can't play or WRITE the stuff Ron & Bucket have is just mind boggling.

Sure, maybe Ron & Bucket could give it a '2006 sound', but when do you get to the point and say what is and isn't Guns N' Roses? Besides, Axl writes most of the instrumental shit too, just like the old days, so what does it matter Ron & Bucket's ability. Why go after someone who doesn't fit the mold or vibe of a band, when they have no hand in what goes on anyway? Robin, Richard & Izzy are ten times the players Ron & Bucket are in Guns N' Roses. I'm not talking about their other work. Are they right for GNR? Personally, I like Ron, so yes for him, Bucket, a huge NO.

If Ron ends up becoming an official 'touring' guitarist, then I think all signs are gonna point to Izzy returning with GNR in the studio for the next album at least. Or, possibly Robin or Richard will do like Slash with the Illusion's, and do double guitar tracks, and keep Ron around as a 3rd guitarist for the live performances.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2006, 02:15:46 AM »

Izzy?

Whatever world you live in, i'm not there. Maybe it's that distant chicken coupe in space with Bucket.

I'm here on the planet Earth, and to say Izzy, Robin & Richard can't play or WRITE the stuff Ron & Bucket have is just mind boggling.

Sure, maybe Ron & Bucket could give it a '2006 sound', but when do you get to the point and say what is and isn't Guns N' Roses? Besides, Axl writes most of the instrumental shit too, just like the old days, so what does it matter Ron & Bucket's ability. Why go after someone who doesn't fit the mold or vibe of a band, when they have no hand in what goes on anyway? Robin, Richard & Izzy are ten times the players Ron & Bucket are in Guns N' Roses. I'm not talking about their other work. Are they right for GNR? Personally, I like Ron, so yes for him, Bucket, a huge NO.

If Ron ends up becoming an official 'touring' guitarist, then I think all signs are gonna point to Izzy returning with GNR in the studio for the next album at least. Or, possibly Robin or Richard will do like Slash with the Illusion's, and do double guitar tracks, and keep Ron around as a 3rd guitarist for the live performances.

Yeah dude, you're right.

Last I checked Ron plays Patience and You Could Be Mine on a regular basis - both songs of which were written by one Mr. Izzy Stradlin.

I hate when people write idiotic things.  Roll Eyes
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2006, 02:20:36 AM »

Thank you. I mean, i'm all for supporting who you like, but sometimes stuff just becomes illogical.? hihi
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 02:26:38 AM by The Legend » Logged

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2006, 02:35:01 AM »

U mean a guy in the band hasnt even heard the CD?

Thats kind of fucked up...............

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2006, 07:18:10 AM »

Does anyone have a clue...? Nope.
As for whether ron is sticking around, it looked like izzy would too, didnt it?
They were all quite nice about him at the time, til he was gone.
And if you read statements made by various ex members bout eachother over the years, they are almost biblical in their contradictions!
As for the point that none of the new guys has written good catchy "commercial stuff that has sold loads - is no one on this board really into any bands who sell relatively few albums...Huh? id find that impossible to believe. and just look at the pedigree of these new guys, they have all been around a while in acts that axl has a lot of respect for, obviously.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2006, 08:03:53 AM »

Ron came in at a Gilby Position, so technically he doesn't 'need' to hear the full album.? But I think it would be nice if Uncle Axl let him.

He's heard the songs he has to play a couple times, Axl is so protective he wouldn't give him his own copy, heck I don't even think Axl allows himself to keep a copy on him without a master lock sealing it.? ?
...... remember the lead singer of avenged sevenfold has a copy?

http://www.gnrnews.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=313#313

im surprised they havent leaked yet.

He doesn't... a friend of mine saw them at Rock City in Nottingham, and gave him a disc with all of the leaked demos and songs that were performed live.  He's heard exactly what we have.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2006, 08:42:01 AM »

I think Ron has heard what Axl wants him to hear.?
I.E? He learns all gunners old stuff and the 5 or so new songs that they will play live.
I do beleave that he is just a touring musician.? I dont know who will take his place.

if thats true, then that can mean only one thing: BUCKETHEAD is going to remain on the album? ok
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2006, 08:50:42 AM »

I think Ron has heard what Axl wants him to hear.?
I.E? He learns all gunners old stuff and the 5 or so new songs that they will play live.
I do beleave that he is just a touring musician.? I dont know who will take his place.

if thats true, then that can mean only one thing: BUCKETHEAD is going to remain on the album? ok

Well. Fucking. Done.
Gordi
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2006, 09:13:42 AM »

and just look at the pedigree of these new guys, they have all been around a while in acts that axl has a lot of respect for, obviously.

Good point actually, that's what a lot of people forget. Just to prove the point I'm gonna go listen to The 'Mats.   ok
But back to the topic,  it seems BBF hasn't heard the new songs? maybe because when he joined they weren't all mixed? but who knows hey? Huh
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2006, 09:37:24 AM »

You people are talking about old news. We all know he only heard the stuff plated live or what was on the setlist up until last week.

NOW the real questions is this last week he did a chat on Roses Of Velvet and he had to leave that chat becuase he had to go rehearse, he was in CA and the band was going to start rehearsing that night for the 1st time after Krock fro the upcoming tour.? BBF has always mantained he has only heard what is played live up till then.

So has anybody heard from him since in emails, My money is on since then and up till the tour HE WILL BE PLAYING SOME NEW STUFF WITH THE BOYS. It is only logical (yes i know gnr does not do stuff normal) they will start preparing other songs possible some more old but I'm sure more new.? Forget about the last 10 f'd up years. This year GNR has done everything right.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2006, 10:16:24 AM »

You people are talking about old news. We all know he only heard the stuff plated live or what was on the setlist up until last week.

NOW the real questions is this last week he did a chat on Roses Of Velvet and he had to leave that chat becuase he had to go rehearse, he was in CA and the band was going to start rehearsing that night for the 1st time after Krock fro the upcoming tour.? BBF has always mantained he has only heard what is played live up till then.

So has anybody heard from him since in emails, My money is on since then and up till the tour HE WILL BE PLAYING SOME NEW STUFF WITH THE BOYS. It is only logical (yes i know gnr does not do stuff normal) they will start preparing other songs possible some more old but I'm sure more new.? Forget about the last 10 f'd up years. This year GNR has done everything right.

I don't think they will be playing anything that we haven't already heard at least until CD comes out, and at this point, being so close, I'd like to leave it that way.  Out of the 13 songs, we've already possibly heard half the album, not in its final studio mix albeit.  I'd like to leave something for the imagination, and I'd guess that Axl would too. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2006, 11:10:55 AM »

Izzy?

Lol, call me when you start making sense. Robin Richard and Izzy are ten times the players Ron and Bucket are in GNR?? If that version holds any water RiR IV shouldn?t have been canceled. Robin, Richard and Izzy CAN?T substitute for Ron and Bucket, it?s as obvious you are delusional, the players are just too different style-wise and the gap in technical abilities between those three and the two big B?s is miles wide.

The fact that Axl puts so much faith in substituting one of the worlds most well versed virtuosos with the other (two people who frequently got compared to each other), should tell you something about the necessity of Ron and the big influence Buckethead has on CD and inability of any of the other guys to do something similar. If Axl wanted a cheap trip down memory lane he could have added Izzy a whole lot earlier to the bunch. Now he?s just using him to raise credit with the older fans. To show that a key player of the old band supports this new thing.

Again, if Axl is interested in presenting a coherent new line up he will keep Ron. And I think he will. The fact that Ron is an ace producer and Axl could finally have somebody behind the buttons of a studio that actually is a band member, somebody who?s totally into the creative process, makes it even more plausible.

Ron and Buckethead and all the new players havnt written anything that has sold anything.? Anything that has caught on mainstream?? No...

Catchy shit that you can dance to and rock out to is hard to do.? None of the new members have proven this.

The original players where at it in a time this music could actually become mainstream. Chances are slim that GNR will ever have much mainstream appeal again, which is the same reason people like Buckethead aren?t likely to have much mainstream appeal as well. Look at Malmsteen who was huge during the 80?s and early 90?s, where is he know? I know where he is and he?s doing exactly the same as back then, does it have mainstream appeal? Buckethead and (especially) Ron have written tons of catchy stuff. Ron is actually known for being one of the few virtuosos who can write very accessible and catchy songs. If your only criteria to judge these players writing abilities is the amount of mainstream appeal, then you might as well stop wasting your time and call Axl and tell him to add a DJ and an MC (because that?s what?s mainstream).

Last I checked Ron plays Patience and You Could Be Mine on a regular basis - both songs of which were written by one Mr. Izzy Stradlin.

I hate when people write idiotic things.? Roll Eyes

Make sure to check CD?s liner notes as well and tell me how much of it was written by mr. Stradlin. If these players are forced by the circumstances to play mostly the old stuff it?s not their problem and it adds nothing to this discussion. It doesn?t say one iota in terms of how well Izzy could substitute for Ron and Bucket (which he never could). As a matter of fact, the fact that both Ron and Bucket played the shit out if Izzy?s songs, tweaking some of them (like nightrain) to a new level should tell you how assbackwards your comment is. If you hate it so much when people say idiotic things, then why are you spreading that kind of crap in this thread?

-PEACE-

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: