Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:41:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Has Ron heard Chinese Democracy?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Has Ron heard Chinese Democracy?  (Read 17032 times)
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2006, 12:00:33 PM »

The Other Thing that does not make much sense is saying that Ron can replace Bucket...
NO FUCKING WAY...

Ron may be able to play fast and some crazy cool stuff BUT he cannot make melodies like Bucket does.
The melody and feeling that Bucket expresses i haven't heard it in any Ron Solo CD.

Bucket is more talented composer than Ron IMO.

Yeah of course Izzy,Robin are nice songwtiters for GNR...But the main 2006 Sound in the Demos that we have heard? it comes from Bucket....Robin gives more of a really cool 80s/90s sound....So IMO GNR are not complete without Bucket on the new songs....Even Live, Ron Solos are just fill like Half the void from bucket departure...
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2006, 12:03:25 PM »

Everytime I think about posting something I read Slipdisc's posts and they basically sum the whole situation up.

Who cares?
Yeah, its not like Ron is Richard Fortus? Knowhatimsayin.

Now, that is just crossing the line......

The Other Thing that does not make much sense is saying that Ron can replace Bucket...
NO FUCKING WAY...

Ron may be able to play fast and some crazy cool stuff BUT he cannot make melodies like Bucket does.
The melody and feeling that Bucket expresses i haven't heard it in any Ron Solo CD.

Yeah of course Izzy,Robin are nice songwtiters for GNR...But the main 2006 Sound in the Demos that we have heard? it comes from Bucket....Robin gives more of a really cool 80s/90s sound....So IMO GNR are not complete without Bucket on the new songs....Even Live, Ron Solos are just fill like Half the void from bucket departure...

Oh, shut up already, Mr. Broken Record.
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2006, 12:12:17 PM »

i think that ron have heard the record..
he is a band member... obviously he wont be telling to people...
just imagine the 100000000000 mails everyday to him if he says that he have heard CD...

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2006, 12:43:29 PM »

I would like to think that by now Ron has heard it, but who knows?

I can just picture Ron at the birthday party Axl had for him at his place.  After a few beers and increased confidence, Ron begins pleading with Axl to hear cd.  Ron says "come on W, it's my bithday."  Axl finally concedes with an "oh alright, but just this once."

BTW- I know Ron doesn't drink...Just saved a few extra posts for those of you that were to point this out.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 12:46:57 PM by oneway23 » Logged
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2006, 12:49:34 PM »

I can just picture Ron at the birthday party Axl had for him at his place.? After a few beers and increased confidence, Ron begins pleading with Axl to hear cd.? Ron says "come on W, it's my bithday."? Axl finally concedes with an "oh alright, but just this once."

Axl didn't have a birthday party for Ron at his place.
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2006, 01:03:02 PM »

I can just picture Ron at the birthday party Axl had for him at his place.  After a few beers and increased confidence, Ron begins pleading with Axl to hear cd.  Ron says "come on W, it's my bithday."  Axl finally concedes with an "oh alright, but just this once."

I wouldn't be so sure...Check his myspace emails or posts where he mentions that very fact, and how cool it was that the band, crew, families, etc. were there, while adding that 2 whirlwind days later he was back in Jersey.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2006, 01:11:40 PM »

I can just picture Ron at the birthday party Axl had for him at his place. After a few beers and increased confidence, Ron begins pleading with Axl to hear cd. Ron says "come on W, it's my bithday." Axl finally concedes with an "oh alright, but just this once."

I wouldn't be so sure...Check his myspace emails or posts where he mentions that very fact, and how cool it was that the band, crew, families, etc. were there, while adding that 2 whirlwind days later he was back in Jersey.

**sighs**

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=36221.msg727779#msg727779
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2006, 02:37:49 PM »

**sigh**

you're just so exasperated with me, the silly uninformed fan...

it was a BBQ the day PRIOR...Point is, he's been to GATHERINGS at AXL's house and I made a joke.  The joke was the relevant point to my post.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2006, 02:47:12 PM »

**sigh**

Not at all. I have better things to do than to take this kinda thing seriously. Smiley

it was a BBQ the day PRIOR...Point is, he's been to GATHERINGS at AXL's house and I made a joke. The joke was the relevant point to my post.

I usually read the posts as a whole. And I made a little correction to your post, that was all. Don't get yer knickers in a twist...
Steel_Angel
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2006, 02:54:02 PM »

**sigh**

it was a BBQ the day PRIOR...Point is, he's been to GATHERINGS at AXL's house and I made a joke.  The joke was the relevant point to my post.
^^ this guy knows his  shit.

NO FUCKING WAY...

ohh i fucking agree! cant wait to hear buckets work!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2006, 02:59:33 PM »

**sigh**

Don't worry oneway, I knew to what you were referring.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2006, 03:14:36 PM »

All good...I should know by now that my sarcasm doesn't travel well across the internet....Insert eyeroll icons
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2006, 03:19:37 PM »

oneway 23, I wonder what was the gathering for.
quite big party and MR and mrs foot traveled all the way from Nj?

"When it hit midnight and officially became my birthday, I was over Axl's house enjoying a wonderful barbeque with the band, crew, friends,  family - last thing I remember was having a hot-pepper eating contest with Caram (Chinese Democracy studio engineer) and playing pool with Baz... 20 hours later me & Mrs. Foot woke up back home in NJ - had a fun birthday! Smiley - bbf"

Ron was reported to have said he heard just several new songs at sanctuarys but that was in may/june.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2006, 04:13:18 PM »

Ron was reported to have said he heard just several new songs at sanctuarys but that was in may/june.

they didn't travel up to la just for the party, they were there already because the band rehearse in LA for the upcoming tour..

and yeah by now he has prolly heard the record if they have rehearsed any new songs....
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2006, 04:54:39 PM »

The original players where at it in a time this music could actually become mainstream.

Maybe once you are capable of forming cohesive sentences adhering to the English language (and not Slipdisc grammar) you will find people are more liable to take you seriously.

Chances are slim that GNR will ever have much mainstream appeal again, which is the same reason people like Buckethead aren?t likely to have much mainstream appeal as well.

That doesn't make sense.

Buckethead is nothing like GN'R.

He was a member of GN'R at one point but his solo work is incomparable.

Look at Malmsteen who was huge during the 80?s and early 90?s, where is he know?

Malmsteen was never even half as popular as GN'R and he never had as much mainstream appeal, either. GN'R played to all crowds and the teenagers from the early '90s loved them and girls liked them (you won't find many average teen girls who were ever fans of Malmsteen) because they wrote ballads like SCOM, NR and Don't Cry.

I know where he is

Good for you.

Buckethead and (especially) Ron have written tons of catchy stuff.

You are missing my point.

I never said Ron and BH couldn't write good songs.

I love Electric Tears.

What I said is that the assertion that Ron and BH are without doubt a superior songwriter to Izzy Stradlin is ridiculous, especially since as of yet - like it or not, no matter how hard you try to prove otherwise - these two guitarists have not had as much of an influence or as much success as Izzy did.

And the reason Bumblefoot's stuff doesn't appeal to the masses is very obvious. If you can't play YCBM and then listen to Guitars Suck and not realize where the difference lies between mainstream appeal and virtuoso appeal as a cult artist then there's no wonder here in what you are saying.

Ron is actually known for being one of the few virtuosos who can write very accessible and catchy songs.

Oh really? Thanks for the clarification. Which public poll are you relying upon?

Outside of the Bumblefoot cult - and it was significantly LESS before he joined GN'R - does anyone even know who he is? When he was announced as the new guitarist at Hammerstein few of us knew who he was and we all started posting pictures for reference.

He may be a great virtuoso and he may have songwriting skill but that doesn't change the fact that nothing he's written has had the success that Izzy's work within GN'R did, and this is fine except for the fact that you (like a complete ass) tried to say Izzy is "obviously" inferior to these two guys as a songwriter. Bullshit.

If your only criteria to judge these players writing abilities is the amount of mainstream appeal, then you might as well stop wasting your time and call Axl and tell him to add a DJ and an MC (because that?s what?s mainstream).

Dude, you just completely contradicted yourself. If it doesn't matter then why did you just try to prove otherwise in the aforementioned paragraphs? And hey, guess what - that wasn't my criteria for judging a guitarist. You need to spend more time comprehending what you are reading rather than jumping on everything and going off on a wild, incoherent tangent.

Make sure to check CD?s liner notes as well and tell me how much of it was written by mr. Stradlin.

What the hell does this even have to do with what we are discussing?

As of right now Bumblefoot, in Guns N' Roses, is playing a setlist dominated by 90% of material written by Izzy, Slash and Axl. THAT is the fact. And Ron didn't write anything for CD, he's said so himself. Buckethead was there during the writing process.

That's irrelevant to our discussion. My point was that if Ron is playing these songs by Izzy and Axl then obviously your assertion that Izzy is an inferior songwriter is complete bullshit.

I never said anything about Chinese Democracy or whether or not Buckethead and Ron are capable of writing songs. They are. Especially Bucket - but their work decidedly appeals to a certain target audience of listeners. Your behavior towards Izzy's abilities is what bothered me most and the fact that you tried to insinuate these two guitarists are "obviously" better than him at writing songs.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2006, 05:30:43 PM »

they didn't travel up to la just for the party, they were there already because the band rehearse in LA for the upcoming tour..
how can you be so sure?
Inland invasion was 23rd and mr and mrs foot went straight back to NJ after the party.
20 hours later me & Mrs. Foot woke up back home in NJ - had a fun birthday! Smiley - bbf"
moreover, ron recently said they were supposed to start up for the upcoming tour. which was on oct 3 ish?

Bumblefoot : Gonna have to split in a few minutes - gonna hang with Craig (amazing guitarist from the band Skeleton Key that was kind enough to tech for me) and grab some dinner, then rehearse...
............................................................................................
Bumblefoot : shit, I better get to rehearsal.... lol

Niko : bbf are you rehearsing new songs for the upcoming tour?

Bumblefoot : Niko - maaaaaaybe. Not sure, we're supposed to start up tonight...

bumblefoot chat
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2006, 05:47:35 PM »

People saying that they don't see Bumblefoot as a permanent member... I didn't see Fortus as a permament member when he joined either. Unfortunately, it looks like he isn't going anywhere now, doesn't it?
Who the fuck knows? I sure as hell don't. And doubt any of you here do.

RR, more people know Izzy because he was a HUGE part of GNR, he was there since the very beginning. You can't compare them three, them two, or fuck-ever else. It's like comparing a book to a kettle. One thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other. I personally prefer Ron's songwriting, but that's going on another direction, it's a matter of opinion.

Geezuz fuckin' Christ, every time somebody starts a topic on Bumblefoot it ends up like this.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2006, 05:48:54 PM »

NO FUCKING WAY...

this is so true... maybe the current lineup with Ron rocks and it's fun, but I miss Bucket's work, really a lot.

Slimemonkey
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2006, 06:00:00 PM »

Who cares?

No, he hasn't.

Bye.

what ignorant fuckers to a person asking a simple question.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2006, 06:02:55 PM »

RR, more people know Izzy because he was a HUGE part of GNR, he was there since the very beginning. You can't compare them three, them two, or fuck-ever else. It's like comparing a book to a kettle. One thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other. I personally prefer Ron's songwriting, but that's going on another direction, it's a matter of opinion.

That was my point.

You can't compare them.

This guy for no reason whatsoever started bringing Izzy into the discussion and comparing him against Ron and Buckethead saying they are better songwriters. What does it have to do with anything?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: