Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:47:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Does It Worry You...?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does It Worry You...?  (Read 6605 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« on: January 27, 2007, 10:47:38 AM »

Does the departure of Merck leave you worried? For me it does. Merck was one of the best things that happened to GNR the past few years. He was way better than Goldstein in terms of getting this band to actually do something.

It worries me that Axl has nobody to really push him now. It was obivious Merck got Axl to do a lot with this band. When left "alone", it seems as though Axl waits and waits.

My point is that now that Axl doesnt have Merck, or even a manager, the chances of him being pushed are less likely. I do believe we will get the album this Spring but if Merck was still around I would feel a lot better about it. ZI just think that its easier for Axl to wait and maybe take even more time with the album than it is to get it done and out. I think thats just a natural thing for him. And with Merck or any other forceful manager, they would be able to coax him into releasing and making the comeback. ya dig?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 10:49:21 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 10:48:40 AM »

Does the departure of Merck leave you worried? For me it does. Merck was one of the best things that happened to GNR the past few years. He was way better than Goldstein in terms of getting this band to actually do something.

It worries me that Axl has nobody to really push him now. It was obivious Merck got Axl to do a lot with this band. When left "alone", it seems as though Axl waits and waits.

My point is that now that Axl doesnt have Merck, or even a manager, the chances of him being pushed are less likely. I do believe we will get the album this Spring but if Merck was still around I would feel a lot better about it.

How do you know he doesn't have a manager?

Here today...ready to rock
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 10:49:59 AM »

How do you know he doesn't have a manager?
I dont. Does he? Im only going on whats known

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 10:53:50 AM »

Yes, Merck did a lot of good things for the band.

But we have no idea how things work, so in my opinion it?s stupid to assume nothing is gonna get done now.

There are many people around the band who work hard to get things right. It wasn?t just Merck.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 11:05:43 AM »

But we have no idea how things work, so in my opinion it?s stupid to assume nothing is gonna get done now.

There are many people around the band who work hard to get things right. It wasn?t just Merck.

Totally agreed. And Im not trying to discredit anyone elses efforts. But my point is that when Merck was here there seemed like an actual plan. Even though it wasnt executed by Axl the plan was there and it was close to being executed. Not to say they weren't close in the past but I just get the feeling that Merck pushed Axl instead of Axl completely dictating the whole process.

Merck did a lot for the band and the fans. I just think that whenever Axl has been left alone during the past 10 yrs, he isnt as driven to get stuff completed and done. Read any of the old articles to back that up. Luckily for us most of that work eithic or whatever is gone. Merck has had this band busy and active.

And I do think Axl can and will get this done. Im just saying that it could be very easy for him to fall into that dormant trap again.

chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 11:14:41 AM »

Yes, Merck did a lot of good things for the band.

/jarmo

I agree, I could be totally wrong but I think Beta and her family for that matter are fundamental for Axl's more positive attitude, she seems to influence him in a positive way.

I'm not worried that Merk is gone as much as I'm worried he hasn't been replaced yet. Which could delay CD. I have no idea but I do ask myself as Axl has mentioned contracts etc. How will this take place without mngt? 

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 11:22:58 AM »

Mercks departure may delay the album, thats why im not counting on a march release date. Perhaps late spring early summer.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 11:55:50 AM »

I think the choice of people he surrounds himself with is pretty odd. Especially seeing how they are when they post here.

And Merck was with them for a very long time, so I don't think he was the kick ass and take names kind of guy you might think he was. Sloppy would be a good word. According to Axl, Merck wasn't doing a lot to get things done.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 11:59:54 AM »

I think the choice of people he surrounds himself with is pretty odd. Especially seeing how they are when they post here.

Some people have no respect for the people in or around the band, but they want to be treated with respect themselves. That makes no sense if you think about it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 12:06:50 PM »

Wasn't Merck the manager in 2003,2004,2005? The total dead years. Nothing was happening then.

It's pretty much, I'd say 90%, Axl, weather something's going to happen or not.

Of course there's other factors and dynamics (Buckethead leaving) sure didn't help. But doesn't anyone blame him after 2002?

Ok, sorry of topic.     

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 12:10:24 PM »

Some people have no respect for the people in or around the band, but they want to be treated with respect themselves. That makes no sense if you think about it.

/jarmo

Yeah, there are those hihi

If anyone who is around him is giving him a 'real' positive relationship than cool. But I think he's had a habit of having relationships with people who've taken advantage of him. When someone comes across as insane (and I mean that in the most polite way possible Grin), even if defending a friend, it makes you wonder what kind of influence that person has over him. And he has gone through long periods, from his own mouth, where that was basically the only influence around him.

This could be a real reason as to why he works the way he does and things have turned out theway they have.

karlossacanell
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2007, 12:15:45 PM »

/jarmo

You are a censorship and a distatorship moderator. Respet? what the hell have u smoked?!! Axl has never had respet for the fans
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2007, 12:18:27 PM »

Uh oh...

Wasn't Merck the manager in 2003,2004,2005? The total dead years. Nothing was happening then.

It's pretty much, I'd say 90%, Axl, weather something's going to happen or not.

Of course there's other factors and dynamics (Buckethead leaving) sure didn't help. But doesn't anyone blame him after 2002?

Ok, sorry of topic.? ? ?

I think this post pretty much answered the question of this thread.

randomconcepts
Headliner

SE7EN

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2007, 12:33:04 PM »

/jarmo

You are a censorship and a distatorship moderator. Respet? what the hell have u smoked?!! Axl has never had respet for the fans

Axl Shows About As Much Respect As People Like You Deserve. Slim To None. I hate these type of instances where people take their own opinions in certain circumstances. I bet if you name one instance you say he disrespected the fans. The fans here could name two times he has respected the fans. As for the album. Axl released a tenative date. I am sure he will do all he can with or without a manager to get the cd out on or around that date. He already made it a point in his letter that he was a bit upset he could not get it out by the end of the year and that he is gunning for March 6. I think he is as motivated as ever. In my opinion it looks as if he is just about at the verge of finishing Chinese Democracy's journey and he knows it now. Everybody in the band are veterans in their own rights so they do not have to have somebody to motivate them and for as close as they are they all have to be excited and not slacking at this point.

Cos I'm A Human Being...
karlossacanell
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2007, 12:47:45 PM »

/jarmo

Axl Shows About As Much Respect As People Like You Deserve. Slim To None. I hate these type of instances where people take their own opinions in certain circumstances. I bet if you name one instance you say he disrespected the fans. The fans here could name two times he has respected the fans. As for the album. Axl released a tenative date. I am sure he will do all he can with or without a manager to get the cd out on or around that date. He already made it a point in his letter that he was a bit upset he could not get it out by the end of the year and that he is gunning for March 6. I think he is as motivated as ever. In my opinion it looks as if he is just about at the verge of finishing Chinese Democracy's journey and he knows it now. Everybody in the band are veterans in their own rights so they do not have to have somebody to motivate them and for as close as they are they all have to be excited and not slacking at this point.

Ok, let me ask you something, if he is really upset and he says is Merck?s fault the album isn?t out yet, why the fuck the album is not finished?? His labor and his work is to finish the album, and once the album is finished then he can say the album is not out because the manager work, or the lawyers, or the label,,, but it?s ridiculous he says Merck thought he only needed four weeks and not eight and that?s the point cause the album is not out.

You can believe him, ok, is your decission, but i?m a social scientific (antrophology and sociology), and my scientific point of view tell me Axl?s reasons are not real reasons to tell the album is not out because the manager or whoever more than him.

And finally, we deserve the same respet than many of you (believers in your GOd (Axl)) just because we have gone to their concerts and bought their albums and waited for this album the same than you. and not because our point of view is different than yours we deserve less respet.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 12:49:25 PM by karlossacanell » Logged
Lethalis
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2007, 01:24:55 PM »

You know what really worried me? The disappearance of Brain.

And now, in that interview, he said he'll be back and everything seems to be ok.

That to me, is a very good sign. It means no one in the band is leaving as far as we know, and they're getting better and better.

Let's hope it comes out soon  peace
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2007, 11:51:17 AM »

My point is that now that Axl doesnt have Merck, or even a manager, the chances of him being pushed are less likely. I do believe we will get the album this Spring but if Merck was still around I would feel a lot better about it. ZI just think that its easier for Axl to wait and maybe take even more time with the album than it is to get it done and out. I think thats just a natural thing for him. And with Merck or any other forceful manager, they would be able to coax him into releasing and making the comeback. ya dig?

Yes very much Undecided
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2007, 07:10:57 AM »

I'm grateful for Merck's involvement with the band every step of the way over the past few years.  However, Merck's dismissal also coincided with the most official information we've gotten about the "state of affairs" from the band in long, long time - Axl's letter - which isn't necessarily bad.  Thing far from seem to have fallen apart since Merck left.  Me, I've got faith.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: