Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:10:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Axl Is Struggling Creatively
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Is Struggling Creatively  (Read 4550 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« on: November 05, 2007, 06:47:34 PM »

Along with members of the band, Bach has mentioned in a few of his recent radio interviews that the album/s have been finished. He says that the biggest obstacle for Axl? now is trying to figure out how to release the album/s.

This is interesting because this could be a quick process or a long process depending on Axl of course. Obiviously Axl is trying to do something more than put great music on a CD and release it the traditional way in this new musical landscape. Hes trying not only to be impactful with the music but be impactful with its release and getting as many people as possible to hear/buy the album/s.

If he is taking this as seriously as Bach portrays than we could be in for another roller coaster of a ride. Its good to know that the music is ready to go. But now it seems like Axl and GNR fans have a new obstacle to overcome and wait out. That obstacle being the release and promotion of CD.

I have said on numerous occasions that it seems to me the biggest problem with gnr is the lack of a plan...or lack of execution of a plan. I would have thought that Axl, being the calculated person that he seems to be, would have thought of a few ways to make his comeback and album release by now. Obiviously thats not the case or for whatever reason his ideas cant be executed at this point in time.

But with that being said, being that there are 3-4 albums worth of finished material he gets a pass on that. Music was my only concern and it was obiviously Axls as well over the yrs. Im also glad that the 4 album update is out there now because it will shut these people up who keep saying that CD has cost over 13 mill to make. Um...wrong. I, along with others around here have always shot that down with the whole 3 album theroy.

Anyways, with even more confirmation that the album is done and there are 3 other follow ups, what do you all think about Bachs recent comments regarding Axls new challenge...him finding an impactful way in? releasing and promoting CD? What ways would you like to see the album be released? Obiviously Axl is trying to find away around or atleast trying to adapt with the new music business. So hopefully for his sake and for ours.......he or someone comes up with a cool and unique way to release this thing so we can all enjoy CD and the follow ups
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 06:52:12 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mesha
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 07:07:32 PM »

in my opinion it's not about being creative with the release. it seems to me that it's more the record company trying to find a release plan to get the most money out of each album instead of just saying ''we're gonna release a 3disc boxset''
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 09:46:36 PM »

Along with members of the band, Bach has mentioned in a few of his recent radio interviews that the album/s have been finished. He says that the biggest obstacle for Axl? now is trying to figure out how to release the album/s.

This is interesting because this could be a quick process or a long process depending on Axl of course. Obiviously Axl is trying to do something more than put great music on a CD and release it the traditional way in this new musical landscape. Hes trying not only to be impactful with the music but be impactful with its release and getting as many people as possible to hear/buy the album/s.

If he is taking this as seriously as Bach portrays than we could be in for another roller coaster of a ride. Its good to know that the music is ready to go. But now it seems like Axl and GNR fans have a new obstacle to overcome and wait out. That obstacle being the release and promotion of CD.

I have said on numerous occasions that it seems to me the biggest problem with gnr is the lack of a plan...or lack of execution of a plan. I would have thought that Axl, being the calculated person that he seems to be, would have thought of a few ways to make his comeback and album release by now. Obiviously thats not the case or for whatever reason his ideas cant be executed at this point in time.

But with that being said, being that there are 3-4 albums worth of finished material he gets a pass on that. Music was my only concern and it was obiviously Axls as well over the yrs. Im also glad that the 4 album update is out there now because it will shut these people up who keep saying that CD has cost over 13 mill to make. Um...wrong. I, along with others around here have always shot that down with the whole 3 album theroy.

Anyways, with even more confirmation that the album is done and there are 3 other follow ups, what do you all think about Bachs recent comments regarding Axls new challenge...him finding an impactful way in? releasing and promoting CD? What ways would you like to see the album be released? Obiviously Axl is trying to find away around or atleast trying to adapt with the new music business. So hopefully for his sake and for ours.......he or someone comes up with a cool and unique way to release this thing so we can all enjoy CD and the follow ups

Younggunner, very well said...but I'm sorry, I absolutely cannot dissect and analyze this anymore...Axl, put the bitch out already!!!!!!
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 10:25:34 PM »

Younggunner, very well said...but I'm sorry, I absolutely cannot dissect and analyze this anymore...Axl, put the bitch out already!!!!!!

"Oh, everybody, sebastian sexkitten got a great fucking idea. Hey! I should put out a record! Thanks, man hon, what would I do without you dude babe...thats awesome."

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
kimberly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 01:46:41 AM »

in my opinion it's not about being creative with the release. it seems to me that it's more the record company trying to find a release plan to get the most money out of each album instead of just saying ''we're gonna release a 3disc boxset''
and these days you have to be creative with the release in order to get the most out of each album  ok if you actually want people to buy the actual record rather than downloading it for free, they'll have to come up with something extra that would make people want to buy it. maybe Axl could release those 10.000 pages he's been working on all these years along with the CD  hihi

"Axl's standing in the doorway of our hotel at 10 am wearing a bathrobe, shouting, 'Hey, Bubbles! Ever been in an earthquake, motherfucker?!"
martyngnr
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 07:59:42 AM »

How about releasing 3 albums in one day! If there is a promotional tactic guaranteed to top anything the so called "old" GNR did then surely thats it?  hihi

"I read the internet......I know what's going on!"
mesha
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 12:04:16 PM »

How about releasing 3 albums in one day! If there is a promotional tactic guaranteed to top anything the so called "old" GNR did then surely thats it?  hihi

lol yeah that would be priceless if it turned out to be the motivation for axl all these years to top that release  rofl
martyngnr
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 01:02:36 PM »

How about releasing 3 albums in one day! If there is a promotional tactic guaranteed to top anything the so called "old" GNR did then surely thats it?? hihi

lol yeah that would be priceless if it turned out to be the motivation for axl all these years to top that release? rofl

Well a lot of people on this board talk about how nothing can top AFD. Couple that with how amazing it was to go and buy UYI I&II on the same day when they came out!

Axl/GNR have a hell of a lot to live up to so it HAS to be a massive event!

"I read the internet......I know what's going on!"
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 05:41:40 PM »

i doubt he's struggling creatively, he's just under a lot of pressure right now

i can't imagine what he's been going through lately with everyone pushing him to release chinese democracy and how everyone is expecting it to be a masterpiece, its amazing he hasn't said, 'fuck it... no new gnr album... EVER!!!' and went back into hiding, lol.

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 05:49:31 PM »

he can change the name of this album and not call it Chinese Democracy; and call the 2nd one Chinese Democracy; that will take away the expectations Tongue
CSS
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 06:02:33 PM »

he can change the name of this album and not call it Chinese Democracy; and call the 2nd one Chinese Democracy; that will take away the expectations

It would also get him lynched, so...
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 07:45:01 PM »

Axl has all his work done! He's got it all recorded and he'll sit back with his feet up now and release his work in his own time. I'm sure he's got a schedule planned and there'll be a really cool promo and all when he's ready to release it all. He might release it next year and wait a year or two before releasing the next album. He won't have the pressure of recording or looking for new musicians, he's got a plan and we'll be loving it when he executes it!

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: