Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:57:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GNR interviews on French TV during 1995 "hiatus"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR interviews on French TV during 1995 "hiatus"  (Read 6907 times)
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« on: November 01, 2008, 04:58:44 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAciwIMdMKE&feature=related

Pretty interesting.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 01:56:08 PM »

that was pretty interresting.. at first i though it was just the making of estranged but then after like 50 seconds it's unseen interview with slash about axl, the band, snakepit, duff talks about, and slash speaks pf SFTD and paul tobias Tongue

worth checkin out
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 05:15:57 PM »

lol, hilariously ironic. "It's not like you hire a bunch of session guys and call it Guns N' Roses... it doesn't work that way..." SORRY SLASH  hihi

Good stuff though

gnrevolution.com
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 12:46:19 PM »

Did Duff actually say that he wanted them to do a NIN type of record or did i hear wrong?

shit happens when you party naked
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 12:59:43 PM »

I think he's talking about an Axl Rose solo album.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 05:03:49 PM »

they really wernt a band at all at that point.

its pretty obvious.

very distant.

html sucks
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 09:15:55 PM »

"I just wanna do basic rock n' roll and he has these visions about videos or whatever"

Translation:

"What Axl is doing now is way over my head so I'm going to play it safe and stick to what I know"

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 09:13:48 AM »

Axl & Slash obviously had a rift about the direction of the band. I think Slash let it drag out too long and Axl had too much pride to try to compromise for the sake of keeping the band together. I think they both needed to compromise, however, I think Slash may have felt as though they had laready compromised on the illusion records in going in a different direction, and therefore he may have felt it was Axl's turn to compromise and take it back to the basics like AFD.

In the end it caused the band to break up. However what bothers me the most is that it seems from what we have seen and heard thus far, is that Axl took this fuck you approach to the rest of the members. Like it does not matter what you want or say we will do what I want to do with GNR.

That did not sit well and that is why Slash, Duff, and Matt left/fired/whatever. It seems like he cannot forgive Slash, Duff, Matt, yet he tried getting BH to come back and is giving a lot of slack to Robin who will not even commit to GNR at this point and does not say shit when everyone else is doing side projects. It appears that he was more controlling with the original members and had a double standard.

There are two sides of every story, but Slash, Izzy, Steven, Gilby, Matt, Duff all get along with each other, and even want to get along with Axl, but Axl does not get along with anyone else (except Izzy) that is just not cool. I am not saying Axl needs to take all the blame for the break up, but he should at least accept some blame just like Slash should also accept some blame.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 12:16:57 PM »

maybe cuz Robin and Bucket are more talented
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 02:28:05 PM »

maybe cuz Robin and Bucket are more talented

That was funny as shit! I don't think so. I would venture to say that he may have been more accomodating to BH & Robin because they were probably almost done with the album wereas with Slash and the rest they had not worked on anything Axl planned on using for CD.
makane
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 03:23:44 PM »

its pretty obvious.

very distant.

Yeah, but it also shows that it was all on a razors edge. It could've gone either way really (them doing a record and not doing a record).

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 03:51:52 PM »

its pretty obvious.

very distant.

Yeah, but it also shows that it was all on a razors edge. It could've gone either way really (them doing a record and not doing a record).

Well....they ask Slash about the new rhythm guitarist that Axl had brought in and he says "I hate that guy." I'd say they were pretty far away from getting a record done at that point.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 04:21:05 PM »

Well....they ask Slash about the new rhythm guitarist that Axl had brought in and he says "I hate that guy." I'd say they were pretty far away from getting a record done at that point.

I think this is one of the main reasons why Slash left the band. He could not work with him. Imagine if Slash brought in Guitarist X and Axl hated him because they could not get along. It would only be appropriate that Slash respect that and say fuck it man I am sorry but shit is not working out my singer cannot work with you ... peace. Not fuck you Axl you better learn to work with this guy or else.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 05:47:06 PM »

I think this is one of the main reasons why Slash left the band. He could not work with him. Imagine if Slash brought in Guitarist X and Axl hated him because they could not get along. It would only be appropriate that Slash respect that and say fuck it man I am sorry but shit is not working out my singer cannot work with you ... peace. Not fuck you Axl you better learn to work with this guy or else.

I wonder if Slash ever went to Axl and said straight up that he didn't like Tobias and couldn't work with him

I find it interesting that out of all the things he's said about Paul and how much he's talked about Axl and Guns and everything, he's never said that he confronted Axl about Paul's place in the band.  Did he ever go to Axl and say "It's either Paul or me" or something like that?  Seems he would have mentioned it in one of his many comments on the subject

Problem is Slash probably never did that.  He complained about it to the press and to other people, just as he complained about Axl, but never had the backbone to take a stand and make his opinion clear.  What he did was sulk about it, act like a dick about it, and complain about it to everybody except the one person who really mattered in the context of the situation
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 11:33:17 AM »

I wonder if Slash ever went to Axl and said straight up that he didn't like Tobias and couldn't work with him

I find it interesting that out of all the things he's said about Paul and how much he's talked about Axl and Guns and everything, he's never said that he confronted Axl about Paul's place in the band.  Did he ever go to Axl and say "It's either Paul or me" or something like that?  Seems he would have mentioned it in one of his many comments on the subject

Problem is Slash probably never did that.  He complained about it to the press and to other people, just as he complained about Axl, but never had the backbone to take a stand and make his opinion clear.  What he did was sulk about it, act like a dick about it, and complain about it to everybody except the one person who really mattered in the context of the situation

I could see this happening. I think Slash probably did not say that to Axl about Paul in that fashion because he knew he was Axl's friend, so out of respect he did not want to offend Axl thinking Axl would blow up and the shit would hit the fan. Slash does not seem confrontational, if anything he tries to avoid confrontation. He probably hinted at the situation and Axl either ignored it or figured it was not that big of a deal. Nevertheless, Slash's approach was not better. Maybe he should have been more direct with Axl about the whole thing and shit would have gone down differently. I think this whole mess could have probably been resolved with a conversation, but both parties let it linger and it blew up.

I am sure at some point Slash believed there would be no GNR without him and Axl to prove him wrong was like o.k. watch. Just like two kids fighting about dumb shit. In the end the fans got screwed out of 17 years without GNR music... almost 2 decades. They could have made so much great music during those 17 years, at least 5 more albums worth.

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 08:25:50 AM »

"I just wanna do basic rock n' roll and he has these visions about videos or whatever"

Your Translation:

"What Axl is doing now is way over my head so I'm going to play it safe and stick to what I know"

My translation:

Im a bad ass rebel without a cause kinda rocker and I give a fuck about videos.
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 02:29:13 AM »

great video, i have always like Axl the most, but you can clearly see that slash was trying to work things out , then he says about Axl thinking that GNR its his solo album, and he says that the GNR album has to be a "band" album.

its clear that Axl wanted to do his stuff and slash wanted to do his , they were both huge and rich there, so i think they didnt have the need to stick to each other, they just went for what they wanted.
overmatik
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2008, 01:07:06 PM »

I still think that if Axl had recorded a solo album, with anything that he wanted to do in the GNR album, it would be better for the band. Then, 2 years after the tour and all, they would miss each other and it would be easier...

But in the end it's all speculation from me and everyone else... Undecided
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 04:52:02 AM »

Key word in this post is "probably" - you have no idea what actually took place.

And who cares if he did or didn't? Why should he have to? Axl should never be brought some guy into the band without getting the OK from everyone else in the first place.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: