Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:27:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Should Appetite For Destruction be remastered?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should Appetite For Destruction be remastered?  (Read 28854 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2010, 03:02:20 PM »

Wow, this thread is 5 years old. Tongue

Anyways, I think the album could have a good remastered version indeed. There shouldn't be a problem for purists, as the original recording is widely available.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2010, 03:11:45 PM »

I was listening to the Pearl Jam "Best Of/Greatest Hits" cd and on that release they have remastered/remixed the tracks that were taken from their debut album "Ten" (released in 1991). The tracks sound a bit different, I guess fresh is a word that could be used to describe the sound.

So the question is, would you like to see the whole "Appetite For Destruction" album remastered/remixed or do you think it should stay the way it is?

I think a Dualdisc or something similar with both the original and a remixed version would be nice.

Or maybe we'll get a 20th anniversary edition in a few years..... 

/jarmo

I would *LOVE* for them to do almost exactly what you're referring to. The version of Ten that they just released with a remastered version of the original album, then a "remixed" version of the album was very cool. You can hear tons of stuff in both mixes that you couldn't hear before.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2010, 03:14:28 PM »

AFD needs to be remastered.  Not remixed.  Just remastered for a higher quality sound which they've acheived in the last 20 years.  I'm sure Axl hasn't been interested in revisiting old albums when he's trying to promote CD, the current band and tour.  But perhaps 2012 would be a good time, to coincide with its 25th anniversary.  

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2010, 03:43:29 PM »

AFD needs to be remastered.  Not remixed.  Just remastered for a higher quality sound which they've acheived in the last 20 years.  I'm sure Axl hasn't been interested in revisiting old albums when he's trying to promote CD, the current band and tour.  But perhaps 2012 would be a good time, to coincide with its 25th anniversary.  

When I say "remix" I don't mean the traditional type of remix. I mean like Pearl Jam did with Ten where they stripped it of the unnecessary reverb and what not. But they released it as a double CD with the original album too for those who prefer it.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Thiago Mota
Opening Act

« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2010, 04:11:18 PM »

For sure. I would buy it.
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2010, 06:18:49 PM »

i think they should do like a deluxe edition and throw in another disc with some demos and live stuff.

11/17/2011 East Rutherford, NJ- IZOD Center
11/19/2011 Hartford, CT- Comcast Theatre
2/12/2012 New York, NY- Terminal 5
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: