Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:33:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The "lost" Gn'R album??
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "lost" Gn'R album??  (Read 25963 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2006, 11:58:58 AM »

1) as you said, there is one keyboard player in pearl jam. One. Not two. It changes everything. Do you know that Pittman plays guitar parts with his keyboard? yes, he plays guitar. So the newGNR needs reall 3 guitar players now? so it's like FOUR guitar parts onstage? well... don't you think it's a little bit "too much"?

It's not too much if the performer(s) think it's what's needed.

I like the full sound.

I don't have a problem with people "not shining". I don't see that. I think they all play their parts very well.

They all play solos during the shows. Something you protest by the way.

So here you're complaining they're not allowed to shine, and in other threads you complain about too may solos.  Roll Eyes

2) Ediie plays guitar on a few songs. Most of the time he sings, just like Axl. Plus he plays rythm guitar, he is not a Lead guitar player. You don't see the guitar solos played by 3 guys in the same song.

As far as I remember, he plays solos as well.

Jarmo, I have an idea: I know you reproach me to talk about this 3 guitar players thing on lots of thread. So let's do something: Do you want me to create a unique thread for that? it will avoid to bring this subject on every thread. Just a unique thread where people could debate about that.

Tell me if you agree with that idea. Thanks.

Go ahead, the Dead Horse section is yours to post that in. Be my guest.

Because that's where it belongs along with your "we need Slash back" posts.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2006, 03:03:25 PM »

The more players you have, the less they can shine and express their indivudual talent.

Very true. With 3 guitar players (when all of them plays solos) the spotlight is shared. It means that none of them has to 'fight' with Slash or the memory os Slash (at least not alone), they share the responsibility, there isn't 'the guy who replaces Slash' thing, which takes off a lot of pressure from the players. On the other hand Axl's 3 guitarist move causes that noone can outshine him in the band, noone can come even close to him in popularity. Believe me, the idea has nothing to do with the band's sound since none of the new songs we've heard so far needs 3 guitarists. There can be 3, but even 2 could do it well.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2006, 03:15:07 PM »

Absolutely. This is just a question of control. I mean, with 2 keyboards, and 2 guitars (Fortus and Finck),?does GN'R need a 3rd guitar player to play it's so easy, brownstone, heaven's door or The Blues? my ass! This is bullshit. Complete bullshit. It prooves Axl doesn't want a new guy who could challenge him over the popularity aspect.. so he put 3 guitar players: no spotlight for any of them. No new Slash. Axl doesn't want to share the spotlight and the glory again: There is him, and "all the rest"... that's his conception of beeing "a band". Nice!
This is just a question of freaking power, control and ego. That's what it is. and that's why I don't like it.

This is awkward.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 03:57:20 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2006, 04:04:06 PM »

Absolutely. This is just a question of control. I mean, with 2 keyboards, and 2 guitars (Fortus and Finck),?does GN'R need a 3rd guitar player to play it's so easy, brownstone, heaven's door or The Blues? my ass! This is bullshit. Complete bullshit. It prooves Axl doesn't want a new guy who could challenge him over the popularity aspect.. so he put 3 guitar players: no spotlight for any of them. No new Slash. Axl doesn't want to share the spotlight and the glory again: There is him, and "all the rest"... that's his conception of beeing "a band". Nice!
This is just a question of freaking power, control and ego. That's what it is. and that's why I don't like it.

This is awkward.

Is that all you can talk about nesquick?  Christ you're annoying!  Hate Axl's new band?  Easy, you know what to do.  Don't let the door hit you in the ass.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2006, 04:07:43 PM »

Did I say i hate "Axl's new band"? (I thought it was a band called Guns N' Roses but tell me if i'm wrong).
What's your problem by following me on every message board? are you in love with me? I'm your idol?
get a life, and get some friends! I'm not your friend. Go away.

Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2006, 04:09:27 PM »

This is awkward.

Hell, gimme a break! That's ridiculous... Axl does have a concept behind the 3-guitars-player-idea! Even if you can't imagine, but there are songs where 3 guitar players are inevitable... Take "Better" as an example: I can't imagine that Izzy and Slash would be able to play that song right... Even Finck and Fortus can't do! Why not? There are different styles in the Song, that can't be played by 2 guitarists...

Axl a control freak? Afraid of competition with his guitar players? Foolish...
Why should he fear the popularity of one of his players? He will be happy, when Finck will become popular, when CD is released.
Axl doesn't want all the glory for himself, he is responsible for the band and he must defend the band as lead singer and as the only one who stands in the puplic...

Stop being such a negative poster, it's annoying if you spread obviously BS...

/Apollon
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 04:10:58 PM by Apollon » Logged
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2006, 04:19:26 PM »

let's speak seriously :
If so, can you tell me why none of them are allowed to speak? Why none of them are allowed to give interviews? Why all of them seem to be under Axl and GN'R management complete control? Is that beeing "a band"? or is it rather beeing part of a one man show? Because that's the impression I have. Back in the days, Slash was everywhere in the music press, he gave tons of interviews, Duff gave a couple of interviews too. Same for Gilby and same for Axl. You know, there was life! it was cool for the fans! I want Fortus and Finck and Brain and Tomy to be interviewed in magazines or on TV etc... That's beeing a band. I don't want them not beeing allowed to do it by captain Axl because, you know, there are some lines in their contract where it's written they are "not allowed to speak". Wow. Is The Edge "not allowed" to speak by Bono as well in U2? WTF? is that a band?

I just want the new members to get more recognizion, not to be Axl's shadows. I don't want them to be threatened by lawsuits everytime they open their mouth. Why? Because I'm attached to the concept of beeing "a band". GN'R has always been a band for me, not a one man show...
Axl took the name, fine, I'm not a guy who says "he should have dropped the name" and blablabla. No. he took it, ok, that's the way it happens, I don't want to debate on this.
But now he got the name, as a consequence, he has some responsabilities with this name: The first one is to re-form a band. Even a different one. But at least "a band".
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 04:56:08 PM by nesquick » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2006, 04:54:13 PM »

Funny to see the two Slash supporters telling the board what the new GN'R songs "need".

I just want the new members to get more recognizion, not to be Axl's shadows. I'd like them to have more spotlight, more space.

Stop lying. Aren't you the one complaining about too many solos?

Thanks to nesquick, this is now a Dead Horse.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2006, 05:12:53 PM »

let's speak seriously :
If so, can you tell me why none of them are allowed to speak? Why none of them are allowed to give interviews? Why all of them seem to be under Axl and GN'R management complete control? Is that beeing "a band"? or is it rather beeing part of a one man show? Because that's the impression I have. Back in the days, Slash was everywhere in the music press, he gave tons of interviews, Duff gave a couple of interviews too. Same for Gilby and same for Axl. You know, there was life! it was cool for the fans! I want Fortus and Finck and Brain and Tomy to be interviewed in magazines or on TV etc... That's beeing a band. I don't want them not beeing allowed to do it by captain Axl because, you know, there are some lines in their contract where it's written they are "not allowed to speak". Wow. Is The Edge "not allowed" to speak by Bono as well in U2? WTF? is that a band?

I just want the new members to get more recognizion, not to be Axl's shadows. I don't want them to be threatened by lawsuits everytime they open their mouth. Why? Because I'm attached to the concept of beeing "a band". GN'R has always been a band for me, not a one man show...
Axl took the name, fine, I'm not a guy who says "he should have dropped the name" and blablabla. No. he took it, ok, that's the way it happens, I don't want to debate on this.
But now he got the name, as a consequence, he has some responsabilities with this name: The first one is to re-form a band. Even a different one. But at least "a band".

Don't you remember the MTV-Interview with Kurt Lodner interviewing Tommy and Dizzy? Don't you remember all the Emails Fortus & Co are sending to us? Hell, they are talking and there is no contract that abolish speaking! That's another pointless argument of you. But you are right, there are no real Interviews in TV and magazines... But why not? Because all the bandmembers (except Axl) are (still) unknown... Oh think of it, it will change possibly in near future...

And IMHO the band is absolutely a band... Did you watch any of the video recordings from the European Tour? You can see hugs, smile at each other, covers, etc... This is definately a band's interacting how it should be...

/Apollon
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2006, 09:12:22 PM »

Did I say i hate "Axl's new band"? (I thought it was a band called Guns N' Roses but tell me if i'm wrong).
What's your problem by following me on every message board? are you in love with me? I'm your idol?
get a life, and get some friends! I'm not your friend. Go away.

nesquick I am not in love with you.  nesquick I am your father.   Shocked
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2006, 11:56:42 AM »

Jarmo you should do a poll... hihi

What Topic is the Deadest Horse?

A) 3 Guitarists
B) Robin Vs Slash
C) Axl keeping the GnR name
D) Too Many Solo's
E) Axl being Late
F) All of the Above

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2006, 12:02:47 PM »

Jarmo you should do a poll... hihi

What Topic is the Deadest Horse?

A) 3 Guitarists
B) Robin Vs Slash
C) Axl keeping the GnR name
D) Too Many Solo's
E) Axl being Late
F) All of the Above

"Deadest Horse" hihi Have to remember that one!

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2006, 12:09:33 PM »

Maybe it wasn't Paul's writing, but the fact that Slash saw him stepping in as a permanent (studio) rhythm guitarist, or atleast someone who'd have a huge (pun intended) impact on the GNR sound, having already written half the album with Axl. So he might've seen it as a control issue on Axl's part, where he [Slash] wouldn't have as much to say on the music as he did before.

VERY TRUE.

In my opinion, Axl brang Paul Huge in the band (Paul Huge = 3rd guitar player, with Slash and Gilby) to reduce Slash's influence in Guns N' Roses.
I've always though Axl was getting jealous of Slash because he was getting as popular as him. Axl had a big ego, he didn't like that, he wanted the FULL control of the band so he decided to hire Paul Huge to "eliminate" Slash. To force him to leave.

For me Axl still continues to do it to a certain extent when he decided to hire Bumblefoot 3 or 4 days before the 2006 Tour starts because Axl doesn't want a new Slash in GN'R again, he doesn't want a new real popular guitar player. That's why he hired a 3rd guitar player, The Slash/Gilby and Paul Huge thing is repeateating again with Finck/Fortus and Bumblefoot. Bumblefoot was imposed by Axl to the band.

he hired BBF (a guitar shredder) to replace BH's parts

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2006, 02:06:25 PM »

This is awkward.

At the risk of offending you, I have to say that this is one of the most ridiculously far-fetched theories ever, particularly since each of the 3 guitar players obviously has a strength that they were picked to bring to the band. I'm not going to get into the armchair analysis of Axl since none of us actually know him. Why don't you find another band to complain about for a while? Somewhere in your rich, highly educated life, there must be something else to do.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 02:09:08 PM by requiem156 » Logged
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2006, 04:28:04 PM »

I think GNR now has 3 guitar players because it's necessary for the new material. And why have one guitarist stand back while they play the old stuff?

I love all the three current guitarists and I hope it stays this way. Back to the topic, I'd love to hear that lost material, even if it were just demos.

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: