Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 11:10:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Journalists "making up their minds before they go" to Guns shows
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Journalists "making up their minds before they go" to Guns shows  (Read 1532 times)
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« on: June 14, 2006, 04:48:45 PM »

Why is it that whenever we get a negative review of a Guns show, people claim that the journos had their minds made up before they went?  Is it not possible for Guns to play a rank, stinking show (like every band does once in a while)?

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 05:14:34 PM »

Why is it that whenever we get a negative review of a Guns show, people claim that the journos had their minds made up before they went?? Is it not possible for Guns to play a rank, stinking show (like every band does once in a while)?

Thats right, it IS impossible.

But seriously though, those people who say that are usually people who actually went to the shows so I trust there opinions more than some journalist... although you could say they are a little biased towards the band. Still, look how awful RIR5 was.. not that the band played bad but with all the sound problems and the mic cutting off, well I for one still enjoyed that show very much.

Nobody has said that Guns have played a bad show because... well.. they havn't ok

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
anythinggoes
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 07:18:09 PM »

Why is it that whenever we get a negative review of a Guns show, people claim that the journos had their minds made up before they went?? Is it not possible for Guns to play a rank, stinking show (like every band does once in a while)?

gus n roses have played bad and we know it take VMA the performance wasnt good, but i/we still enjoyed it for the moment the excitement even though we knew the performace wasnt great

The slagging off of download is unjust it was a shaky start the crowd was harder tthan they have dealt with in a long time but the performance after Tommys rant was amazing but kercingg cant write that or they would be selling out hihi
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 12:38:29 AM »

Its because some of their reviewers didnt even see the show. There have been a few that a critic has claimed they played a song and they didnt. Some in 2002 even admited they stayed for two songs then wrote the review. PLUS most of the bad reviews dont talk about the show rather just bitch that slash and duff are not in the? band. Its one thing if they want to claim  they didnt like the new songs, axl didnt sound good or the band played badly, but they dont do that. They just talk about this is not gnr without slash and other stuff like that (ie axl going in late). They should actually review the perforamce and not who is not in the band anymore bc those players have not been in gnr for ten years they should get over it
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 12:40:01 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: