Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:42:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GNR ARE ON TOUR SELLING OUT VENUES in the US!!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR ARE ON TOUR SELLING OUT VENUES in the US!!!  (Read 23253 times)
robinfinckfan
« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2006, 09:27:23 AM »

Disclaimer: Even though this is my first post i have been a fan of this website since the vegas shows in winter 2000 and a guns fan in general since the eighties.

When i saw nobody supporting what smoking guns was saying, i felt i needed to reply.

Here is a timeline of all the times i dumbly felt Chinese Democracy was close to being released:

Early 1999: I hear reports that GNR are releasing a track on the End of Days soundtrack. I am extremely excited at the news.

Summer 1999: Rumors run rampant GNR will play Woodstock 1999. I am ecstatic, but it turned out to just be a rumor.

Fall 1999: Oh My God gets airplay on the radio and the soundtrack is released. I like what i hear and feel progress has been made on Chinese Democracy.

December 2000 - January 2001: GNR play Vegas and RNR. I get to hear new songs, see the new band I couldnt be happier. I am saying to myself this has got to be the year, why else would he come out of hiding.

December 2001: Well i guess the only reason he decided to play was to get some practice for the band another year of feeling close to a release but again nothing.

September 2002: I am completely shocked to see GNR at the MTV awards as i wasnt reading the boards much around that time. I rewound that performance a million times on my tivo and called all my friends, everyone was so excited. Even though he gave an interview afterwards saying that CD was not done I felt the release was closer than ever before(not 4+ more years away).

October 2002: Tour dates are announced with the headline Chinese Democracy Starts Now. I go insane excited at being able to see GNR live for the first time i quickly pick up tix for the Detroit & Cleveland shows. I am thinking to myself even though CD isnt released its going to be soon to follow on the heels of the tour.

November 2002: Awesome shows but half full venues (at the shows i attended), I couldnt believe it. The band hadnt toured the US in 9 years, you would think people would come out and see them. But still was thinking the album was closer than ever to being released.

2003: Nothing

2004: Nothing

2005: Nothing

2006: PLenty of action in the GNR camp. Axl doing interviews, performing all shows on the European tour. GNR getting ready to tour the US again. I couldnt be happier. Axl also gave a release date of "before the end of the year".

I am as excited as the next fan but, just because we are closer than ever it doesnt really mean anything because with Axl what is close?

P.S. I also agree to tour the US without an album or single is a bad idea. If they couldnt sell out most shows in 2002 after not touring for 9 years what makes this tour any different?

If you have a TRUE but NEGATIVE thought of axl, it will not get a reply

The only difference I see from 2002 is that axl said he would do a tour but soon is not the word on the release

2006: fall, late fall but it will be out this year

It will be out this yr and if not early early next year, like the first couple weeks in january 07'.  but who cares really? i'm kinda numb at the whole thing,i just wanna go to some shows and enjoy the moment cuz it doesn't happen everyday. when cd comes, it comes. it's not about us, it's about axl, it always has.
King Sand
Patron Saint of Dust N' Bones
Rocker

... And there was nothing left but a grain of Sand

« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2006, 12:10:15 PM »

Yeah, but all the stars are in alignment this time...  Our patience will pay off...

"Strange travel plans are dancing lessons from God." - Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: