Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:59:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Radiohead/Guns N' Roses comparisons
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Radiohead/Guns N' Roses comparisons  (Read 1538 times)
keithfc
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: July 17, 2007, 05:59:55 AM »

Just read an interesting article about Radiohead's new album on the NME website. Like GNR they seem to be perfectionists and take a very long time recording, mixing and mastering their albums. The recording of their new album is apparently finished and they are currently mastering it, but there is no release date and apparently it might be released at the end of 2007. So we are talking 5 months at least it seems.

So the people complaining about Chinese Democracy being delayed and taking too long should take note of this because realistically the mixing and mastering of this album is going to take longer than Radiohead are going to take. If the recording was finished at the end of February it could well be September at the earliest.

Not sure if the 2 bands are really comparable, but after hearing the latest GNR leaks and being a fan of Radiohead I suspect both these new albums will be very complex and multi layered, but ultimately superb pieces of original work after the necessary mixing and mastering processes have taken place.

They will both come out and will both be worth the wait I'm sure......

http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/29715
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 12:55:49 PM »

Radiohead has taken their own sweet time with this latest album.  I saw them last summer debuting new material...can't believe it's taken that long to get them down in the studio.  But they also released a new album 3 years ago so the comparison is mild.

The only other artists who I can compare this long wait to would probably have to be Zac de la Rocha who has been working on his solo album since 1999.  He has on released one track to a soundtrack (sound familiar?)  He has worked with countless other musicians who have claimed to hear dozens of tracks.  Yet, despite having all this new material...he is now touring with his old band playing old material.

Portishead has also taken what seems like forever to do their latest album which should see the light of day by the end of the year.

The Eagles have been claiming to be putting together a new album since 1997.  No release date in sight.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 01:03:35 PM »

Radiohead has taken their own sweet time with this latest album.  I saw them last summer debuting new material...can't believe it's taken that long to get them down in the studio.  But they also released a new album 3 years ago so the comparison is mild.

The only other artists who I can compare this long wait to would probably have to be Zac de la Rocha who has been working on his solo album since 1999.  He has on released one track to a soundtrack (sound familiar?)  He has worked with countless other musicians who have claimed to hear dozens of tracks.  Yet, despite having all this new material...he is now touring with his old band playing old material.

Portishead has also taken what seems like forever to do their latest album which should see the light of day by the end of the year.

The Eagles have been claiming to be putting together a new album since 1997.  No release date in sight.

The De La Rocha comparison is probably the most similar regarding how long the album has taken.  I remember reading a while back he did a bunch of songs with Trent Reznor, and Reznor said something to the effect that the songs were great but they might never see the light of day because Zach wasn't in the right state of mind to release an album.  I think that might be similar to CD's delays, it's not just about whether the music is good enough but whether Axl is mentally prepared to put himself out there in the public eye like that again

But the original post is also accurate.  Like a Radiohead album, this GnR album is very complex with all the layers and arrangements, so it's going to take a long time to mix. 
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 01:05:23 PM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: