Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:17:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  2000-2001 GN'R
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2000-2001 GN'R  (Read 22930 times)
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« on: September 27, 2010, 08:56:47 PM »

Afer reading posts regarding the current GN'R Line Up being the best ever got me thinking about the original "New GN'R" Line up o' 2000/2001 and where they rank in the GN'R Legacy.. Axl, Dizzy,B-Head,Robin,Brain,Tobius,Pittman,Stinson did not last very long, an MTV VMA appearence, New Years in Vegas N' Rock in Rio 3....But this lineup had a "Huge" hand in CD N' kept the GN'R Spirit going during the "Silent Years"..
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 09:30:52 PM »

Tobias didn't even make it to the VMA performance....Richard Fortus was there
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 09:44:17 PM »

Putting aside any comparison about who is the better musician, todays band is much more personable than the original comeback version.  I think Ron and DJ bring that out in everyone.  And Axl's demeanor on stage is also much more relaxed these days than ever.  Me personally, I like to watch a band that actually looks like they're having fun on stage, it kind of validates me having a good time at the show.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 10:42:34 PM »

I think the 2001/2002 was the best instrumentally wise, without doubts.

Problem was Axl's voice ''wasnt there''. Now it is.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
cineater
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 10:44:20 PM »

Bucket was a little scary if you ask me but the KFC bucket gave us a theme to work with.  He was amazing to watch play.  Tommy was more in the forefront and a lot more fun.  His hair was better--lol  Oh yeah hair was all the issue with everybody!  Axl was more of a mystery.  

I like this line up better but some of the fun of GNR was keeping an eye out for them.  They're every where now.  They are no longer a treasure hunt if you know what I mean.  

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 07:50:01 AM »

persomaly i think that 00-01 lineup was the worst lineup and the current one is the best since gilby got kicked out

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 09:20:01 AM »

love this lineup but you have to agree that the B&B duo was fucking perfect. Axl really successfully achieved  the 'new' gnr sound when he got Brain and Buck

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 12:38:25 PM »

Well I love Robin, and I really loved the shows I saw in 2006.

I think it would have been cool to see Robin and Bucket together in GN'R. But that was slightly before my time as in 2001, I had just started secondary school. As I discovered GN'R in 2004, I was lucky as the band returned in 2006. And I loved them shows I witnessed in 2006 (13) and Robin just blew me away.

We all have our favourite era I guess, it's just the way it is.

But you also have to accept that things change, it's apart of life. And I am more than happy with GN'R as it stands today. I wouldn't have seen them 5 times so far this year, and I'm planning on going to even more (Lille this weekend as well as others).

What I can do is, say out loud that I loved a previous member (Robin Finck). But what I also don't do is feel the need to degrade the current band as I point it out. All incarnations of GN'R rock, they are the best band in the world to me. And when a band holds such a special place in your heart as GN'R does, you stay with it, because it's impossible not to.  Smiley
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 12:39:42 PM »

I preferred the sound, and the crazed weirdness of the 2001-2002 era shows : GNR at that point were like aliens that only existed on stage and were only seen rarely.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 01:15:12 PM »

Brian and Buckethead should still be there but the current line up is great  ok

11/17/2011 East Rutherford, NJ- IZOD Center
11/19/2011 Hartford, CT- Comcast Theatre
2/12/2012 New York, NY- Terminal 5
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 09:19:22 AM »

I preferred the sound, and the crazed weirdness of the 2001-2002 era shows : GNR at that point were like aliens that only existed on stage and were only seen rarely.

That sums up that era perfectly, it was like they never existed and were just a myth until they was onstage. I'm gutted that I never saw a 2002 era show, but I'm thankfull I have got to see Finck and Brain with GN'R.
RusselNash
Opening Act

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 10:02:25 AM »

That sums up that era perfectly, it was like they never existed and were just a myth until they was onstage. I'm gutted that I never saw a 2002 era show, but I'm thankfull I have got to see Finck and Brain with GN'R.

I miss Robin and Brain, i really hope that they continue as studio musicians for GNR.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 01:05:46 PM »

I miss Robin and Brain, i really hope that they continue as studio musicians for GNR.

Me too, and judging from Chinese Democracy, I'd say it's a good chance that their work will be heard for a few years yet.  Grin
Duke Nukem
Opening Act

Here today ...

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 10:16:02 PM »

Why? They left the band on their own accord and were replaced by extremely talented and competent musicians. I love DJ and Frank's work and I can't wait to hear them prominently featured together on an album.

I could understand wishing ex-members would return if a degradation was the result of their departure, but this wasn't the case. I find it somewhat disrespectful to the current band when fans comment that they hope ex-members are featured on future albums versus the guys who are in the band and currently on tour.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 10:18:50 PM by Duke Nukem » Logged
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 07:49:35 AM »

Yeah, we got it. You love the current band and want the ex-members like Robin, Bucket and Brain to vanish.

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2010, 09:28:25 AM »

Yes and also I want to point out, Brain never left anything. He had to go back to be with his wife who was expecting a baby after the Paris 2006 show. Then he came back for the Las Vegas and San Francisco warm up shows, as well as the KROQ Inland Invasion.

But then after that Frank took over again, this was probably because Frank was more than able to fill his shoes. And also it allowed Brain more time to spend with his new family. And since then Frank has been the drummer, but Brain continues to be a member of Guns N' Roses.

Brain is just as much of a member as DJ is, he has toured with GN'R since 2001. And layed down countless drum tracks to GN'R songs, which will most likely be used on future releases too.

So just to clarify, Brain is still and active member of the band and continues to do studio work for GN'R. And this has been said by both Brain and Axl in the not too distant past.
RusselNash
Opening Act

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2010, 02:11:44 PM »

Why? They left the band on their own accord and were replaced by extremely talented and competent musicians. I love DJ and Frank's work and I can't wait to hear them prominently featured together on an album.

I could understand wishing ex-members would return if a degradation was the result of their departure, but this wasn't the case. I find it somewhat disrespectful to the current band when fans comment that they hope ex-members are featured on future albums versus the guys who are in the band and currently on tour.

Why? Cos Chinese Democracy is amazing and unique. In the world of CD, Bumblefoot and Buckethead can live in harmony even knowing that Bucket left GNR in 2004.
Bucket, Brain , Robin, Dj are very talented musicians, so i dont buy the famous "the more, the less" and that's why i wish robin n brain to be part of the new album.

I never said that i want them to return to GNR, i've seen the new lineup and i think they are the best of all eras.

GNR is a big family, anything can happen..

Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2010, 09:52:37 PM »

I think the 2001/2002 was the best instrumentally wise, without doubts.

Problem was Axl's voice ''wasnt there''. Now it is.

Couldn't agree more.

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
Duke Nukem
Opening Act

Here today ...

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 07:34:05 PM »

Yeah, we got it. You love the current band and want the ex-members like Robin, Bucket and Brain to vanish.

I honestly have no idea how you came to this conclusion based on any of my posts. However, I do have a newsflash for you: Bucket and Robin have vanished. Bucket left the band in a predicament in 2004 which forced Axl to pull out of Rock in Rio, and Robin jumped ship on the eve of Chinese Democracy's release. Brain's current involvement in GNR is questionable at best.

Even with all that said, I think all three are highly talented, exceptional musicians. I loved their work on Chinese Democracy and their solo work. It's not about wanting anyone to vanish, it's that they have in fact vanished - and on their own accord.

I love the current lineup. All three of the mentioned ex-members were replaced by highly talented and competent musicians. DJ, Frank, and BBF have all been a vital part of the band for a while now and they deserve to be prominently featured on all forthcoming albums.

I'm sorry if I offended you by choosing to live in the present and support the band that does in fact exist. As I said several times now, I find it disrespectful and degrading to the current band when "fans" call for ex-member's contributions to be featured on future albums versus the members who have made sacrifices over the past year to support Axl and the band. It's not much different than a reunion zealot trolling the forum with their pro- original lineup propaganda.   Roll Eyes

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 08:28:52 PM »

I honestly have no idea how you came to this conclusion based on any of my posts. However, I do have a newsflash for you: Bucket and Robin have vanished. Bucket left the band in a predicament in 2004 which forced Axl to pull out of Rock in Rio, and Robin jumped ship on the eve of Chinese Democracy's release. Brain's current involvement in GNR is questionable at best.

Even with all that said, I think all three are highly talented, exceptional musicians. I loved their work on Chinese Democracy and their solo work. It's not about wanting anyone to vanish, it's that they have in fact vanished - and on their own accord.

I love the current lineup. All three of the mentioned ex-members were replaced by highly talented and competent musicians. DJ, Frank, and BBF have all been a vital part of the band for a while now and they deserve to be prominently featured on all forthcoming albums.

I'm sorry if I offended you by choosing to live in the present and support the band that does in fact exist. As I said several times now, I find it disrespectful and degrading to the current band when "fans" call for ex-member's contributions to be featured on future albums versus the members who have made sacrifices over the past year to support Axl and the band. It's not much different than a reunion zealot trolling the forum with their pro- original lineup propaganda.   Roll Eyes

Buckethead, Brain and Robin was all over Chinese Democracy, so they have hardly vanished. And for the record, Robin never left on the eve of CD's release. He was announced in March or April I believe, to be re-joining NIN, so a good 8 months before CD was released.

Some of you forget that Robin and Brain have gave 10+ years to GN'R, just as much as Slash and Duff. They worked on alot of material with Axl, during the silent years. Which will be all used for future GN'R releases if Rons' latest comments are anything to go by.

If GN'R was actively touring, or had a release date for the album, in early 08. I honestly feel Robin would still be there, he just wants to play music and tour. But you had to understand it all went silent again in late 07. So Robin made a decision based on past experiences, he never took the decision lightly.

I'm not tempting fate here, but before disregarding Robin, Bucket and Brain. Just have think to yourself if DJ will still be there in 10 years time, if there are as many silent years as there was in the last decade.  Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: