Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 05:55:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  So will Axl have a new image...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: So will Axl have a new image...  (Read 23233 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2015, 10:50:25 AM »

Kind of a homophobic vibe, no?

The big chief tried to run that on me yesterday too.  Then came back to it a second time like, an hour later.

Odd.

Excuse me? What's with this condescending crap? The big chief.

Why is it that the ones of you who don't like what I say always turn to that kind of phrases? Weird.

Yes, I made a joke about an adult man admitting that he thinks of Axl in his tiny tight shorts.
If you're offended, I'm sorry. I could make a remark here about busting balls, but I'm sure that's also considered politically incorrect by the men who are into thinking about Axl in his little tight shorts.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Annie
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2015, 10:54:01 AM »

Ok. I didn't mean to be homophobic. I have a lot of gay friends.  But now that you mention it. Only my gay guy friends really are the only guys who discuss another man's appearance in any great detail.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2015, 10:58:11 AM »

Ok. I didn't mean to be homophobic. I have a lot of gay friends.  But now that you mention it. Only my gay guy friends really are the only guys who discuss another man's appearance in any great detail.

Uh oh....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2015, 11:00:27 AM »

Excuse me? What's with this condescending crap? The big chief.

I call every moderator at every board "the big chief".

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2015, 11:02:16 AM »

What's odd is, I am dealing with my own version of internalized homophobia because I post from work and am projecting my own self loathing when I am critical of Axl doing nothing at his job.

At least, that's how it was explained to me a week or so back.

The struggle is real, people.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2015, 11:03:12 AM »

Really? Any particular reason?
Considering I got a name and you know it.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2015, 11:20:18 AM »

Really? Any particular reason?

Just a figure of speech.  Never had anyone take offense, until about 10 minutes ago.

Annie
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2015, 11:26:52 AM »

What's odd is, I am dealing with my own version of internalized homophobia because I post from work and am projecting my own self loathing when I am critical of Axl doing nothing at his job.

At least, that's how it was explained to me a week or so back.

The struggle is real, people.

Wow you are so lucky to have such an awesome guru in your life. NOT!
Who are you to define Axl's job and his performance of said job. It is not Axl's job to please you
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2015, 11:33:22 AM »

Wow you are so lucky to have such an awesome guru in your life. NOT!

My feelings exactly.  It was the reach of alltime.

Good for a chuckle though.  An actual laugh out loud moment when I read it.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2015, 11:54:21 AM »

Just a figure of speech.  Never had anyone take offense, until about 10 minutes ago.

And I didn't think anyone who admitted they like to think of Axl in a specific outfit would take offense for having their balls busted until today!

The reason I "take offense" is because it seems condescending especially since it's usually coming from people who don't agree with me.
Sure doesn't look like a compliment when it's in a whiny post about how I've done you wrong.

Maybe something to consider. Smiley

/jarmo

axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2015, 12:00:21 PM »

I think is time to get a personal shopper (or call a different one). 2016 is a new era, and all the details are considerable.

The ashba jeans... burn it. Time to look back and select the best of the old thing (not lycras of course.... Buddy Love r gone hehehe)

axlvai
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2015, 12:06:35 PM »

Did anyone actually buy any of that ridiculous Ashba stuff?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2015, 12:07:36 PM »

And I didn't think anyone who admitted they like to think of Axl in a specific outfit would take offense for having their balls busted until today!

The reason I "take offense" is because it seems condescending especially since it's usually coming from people who don't agree with me.
Sure doesn't look like a compliment when it's in a whiny post about how I've done you wrong.

Maybe something to consider. Smiley

Yes, I will be more considerate of your feelings going forward. 

I'm a team player.

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2015, 12:09:50 PM »

Hope he shaves his hair (he tried anything to restore them, and I know for sure what he has done trough the years cause I've tried anything  I could to save my hair but in the end i lost my battle...just to know that i'm good looking with no hair Grin) just to get rid of those fuckin hats and let his beard grow... Hope he loses a little weight too, even if i know it's hard  hihi...
Annie
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2015, 12:16:52 PM »

Hope he shaves his hair (he tried anything to restore them, and I know for sure what he has done trough the years cause I've tried anything  I could to save my hair but in the end i lost my battle...just to know that i'm good looking with no hair Grin) just to get rid of those fuckin hats and let his beard grow... Hope he loses a little weight too, even if i know it's hard  hihi...
I just don't know how to respond to your post.  It's kinda icky
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2015, 12:18:13 PM »

Maybe Im wrong.

But, it seems to me, that rock icons, have always been if not straight out good-looking, at least they looked interesting.
I remember very old footage of rolling stones groupies, and one of them said, "they are so ugly they are beautiful !"
Now I don't think young Mick Jagger and Keith Richards were truly ugly individuals, but their faces where truly interesting, maybe that's what she meant.

Do you think that GNR in the very beginnings, would've gotten the support and the exposure on magazines if they looked like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n69KLKBhNxM

WHat if the whole band sounded like GNR and where a bunch of obese teenagers?
Now I do realize that Im wrong to ask such a question, because looks obviously gave GNR the experience to meet women like strippers and ultimately write songs like rocket queen, something an obese person would probably have trouble doing. Maybe Im wrong in that regard as well.

But this is why I think looks are very important, because its the reflection of their lives, Axl and the gang where good looking so they banged a lot of chicks and wrote cools songs about it. And even if an obese person would have managed to write and sing the same songs do you think it wouldve had the same effect on you?
I speak for myself, but it wouldn't have had the same effect on me not in a million years.

Lets take a look at nu-metal.

Korn and Limp Bizkit.

Ugly people, which in my opinion where not interesting and had no redeeming features or qualities, and strangely enough it equates with = ugly music.

ANd I remember that being a thing in Blabbermouth back in the day. They were just not cool to look at and I believe they had moderate success based on label support alone similar to some hip hop or pop artists.

There's a correlation between looks and  the music that in undeniable, the music is sexy because the person writing that music is sexy.  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2015, 12:20:10 PM »

I think its a very honest post.  Grin

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2015, 12:20:20 PM »

What's wrong with that???...I'd like too see Axl shaved and with a beard...just like me  Grin
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2015, 12:24:32 PM »

You're not required to respond.  Wink

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2015, 12:26:19 PM »

What's wrong with that???...I'd like too see Axl shaved and with a beard...just like me  Grin

I think its a better look, I agree. There was a fake picture of Axl, and I remember thinking he actually looked cool.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: