Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:40:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy mention in the NY Post's gossip section
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy mention in the NY Post's gossip section  (Read 11152 times)
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2006, 11:16:26 AM »

And who is this "barrym," and what kind of credentials does he have?
I think the guy's name is Barry M....

I won't post his real name.? But, apparently, in the other thread on this board, someone felt certain he was from NYC...so it's plausible.

Ali

Barry M as in Barry Manilow?

Was Lionel Richie there?

rofl hihi
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2006, 11:19:09 AM »

I can imagine axl singing " fuck the police"  hihi hihi hihi hihi

NWA..wow, brings memories back...

Nothing to say
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2006, 11:20:21 AM »

I find it strange that he is trying to get the MLK rights this late in the game. Its amazing he didn't do that during the 2002 tour, or before that. Since those quotes cant be used without permission, he wasn't lying about 'soon' not being the word. This latest news brings up a related question. Doesn't he have to get the rights to use 'Catcher in the Rye'?

Why would he have to get the rights to catcher in the rye? Hes only using it as a song title so there should be no problem.
If memory serves me correct, the author owns all the rights to that book, including the title.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2006, 11:22:44 AM »

I imagine Barrym refers to Barry Mullineaux...one of the owners and managers of the club Stereo where Axl was supposed to have been.

So, either it is Barry Mullineaux or it's someone posing as him.  I rather suspect it's the 2nd one because someone of Barry's caliber on the club scene would know better than to comment on one of his patrons activities.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Z
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2006, 11:23:08 AM »

Axl is once again proving his brilliance. ?These leaks are no mistake. ?A clip of the first single sandwiched between 2 demo versions of remarkable rock songs.

Better will be a favorite among rockers and a favorite in the dance clubs. ?Anybody who dances can move to this song. ?Girls will love it! And guys that don?t dance will love watching how girls dance to this song.

So, if a song touches many realms of musical tastes, it can climb to the top of the charts and stay there.

A little VR note?.Sorum recently said that they want to make some ?danceable? tunes. ?Perhaps they got a glimpse of Better and figured they?d better steer their music that way.

If management does not have anything to do with this, Axl surely does. ?It is no accident that Axl has been in the spotlight from coast to coast and here comes some new music.

The reason the full version of Better has not leaked is because there is no full version to be leaked. ?It is tucked away. ?It?s a teaser?..a sample.

From the viewpoint of a fan who became insanely addicted to GN?R music in 1987, I am telling you that Better is the most brilliant piece of music I have ever heard. ?Does Axl really care if the oldtimers like the new music?? ?Maybe, but I don?t think it?s going to matter if the rest of CD contains Better quality songs. ?It?s going to be huge.

We need to walk the walk after talking the talk about supporting Axl and Guns N? Roses. ?Axl has given us a little glimpse of what he has been working on. ?And let?s not ignore that he has given this glimpse to us FIRST. ?A little bone thrown our way for supporting his band and his vision. ?Letting us spread the word. ?We are his marketers. ?We are the campaign.

Axl knew deep down inside that he could produce groundbreaking music and stuck to his guns through the fog. ?I for one think that he was ready to release this thing numerous times since 2000 and just kept thinking and feeling that there was more. ?

Of all the song titles that we heard, did we ever hear of Better until the Korn party? ?If Axl waited all this time so that a Better could make the album then it is my opinion that the wait has been worth it.

If I?m right that Better had not been heard of until recently, and then it pops up as a leak, ?more proof that Axl has a plan. ?And it should not surprise anyone that Axl would come up with a brilliant and unique way to get the show on the road.

When CD does hit the stores, and I think it will be of the unannounced variety, we the fans who have begged for the second coming of GN?R should support this band and pay the money for the disc whether it becomes available free or not.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2006, 11:27:26 AM »

I imagine Barrym refers to Barry Mullineaux...one of the owners and managers of the club Stereo where Axl was supposed to have been.

So, either it is Barry Mullineaux or it's someone posing as him.  I rather suspect it's the 2nd one because someone of Barry's caliber on the club scene would know better than to comment on one of his patrons activities.

at least it's coming from a computer in new york city and not somewhere in zambia or pakistan Wink

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2006, 11:33:40 AM »

Anyone else notice the mention of a DOUBLE CD Chinese Democracy.  hihi

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2006, 11:36:26 AM »

Axl is once again proving his brilliance. ?These leaks are no mistake. ?A clip of the first single sandwiched between 2 demo versions of remarkable rock songs.

Better will be a favorite among rockers and a favorite in the dance clubs. ?Anybody who dances can move to this song. ?Girls will love it! And guys that don?t dance will love watching how girls dance to this song.

So, if a song touches many realms of musical tastes, it can climb to the top of the charts and stay there.

A little VR note?.Sorum recently said that they want to make some ?danceable? tunes. ?Perhaps they got a glimpse of Better and figured they?d better steer their music that way.

If management does not have anything to do with this, Axl surely does. ?It is no accident that Axl has been in the spotlight from coast to coast and here comes some new music.

The reason the full version of Better has not leaked is because there is no full version to be leaked. ?It is tucked away. ?It?s a teaser?..a sample.

From the viewpoint of a fan who became insanely addicted to GN?R music in 1987, I am telling you that Better is the most brilliant piece of music I have ever heard. ?Does Axl really care if the oldtimers like the new music?? ?Maybe, but I don?t think it?s going to matter if the rest of CD contains Better quality songs. ?It?s going to be huge.

We need to walk the walk after talking the talk about supporting Axl and Guns N? Roses. ?Axl has given us a little glimpse of what he has been working on. ?And let?s not ignore that he has given this glimpse to us FIRST. ?A little bone thrown our way for supporting his band and his vision. ?Letting us spread the word. ?We are his marketers. ?We are the campaign.

Axl knew deep down inside that he could produce groundbreaking music and stuck to his guns through the fog. ?I for one think that he was ready to release this thing numerous times since 2000 and just kept thinking and feeling that there was more. ?

Of all the song titles that we heard, did we ever hear of Better until the Korn party? ?If Axl waited all this time so that a Better could make the album then it is my opinion that the wait has been worth it.

If I?m right that Better had not been heard of until recently, and then it pops up as a leak, ?more proof that Axl has a plan. ?And it should not surprise anyone that Axl would come up with a brilliant and unique way to get the show on the road.

When CD does hit the stores, and I think it will be of the unannounced variety, we the fans who have begged for the second coming of GN?R should support this band and pay the money for the disc whether it becomes available free or not.

Axl did NOT leak these songs.
Managment did NOT leak these songs.

Why is it when management does something like send Cease and Desist letters, people ALWAYS try to come up with some ulterior motive conspiracy theory?
 Huh
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2006, 11:39:04 AM »

nwa easy e... Wonder if he just saw axl's old clothes..Suprised he didn't say he loved OPP/NBN

Who knows what to believe..
it's no secret that axl is a NWA fan, he used to even wear a NWA hat during the use your illusion tour, and rumour are that he recorded or wanted to record a song with eazy-e and that eazy's son has a copy of the still un-released song. i'm a big fan of NWA and especially eazy-e too so this is cool to hear either way, axl is a smart guy with good taste but that's no secret either. ok

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
phreakofnature
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2006, 11:40:47 AM »

Why is it when management does something like send Cease and Desist letters, people ALWAYS try to come up with some ulterior motive conspiracy theory?
 Huh

Cease and Desist letters mean NOTHING.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2006, 11:45:10 AM »

Huh

Doesn't it seem a little odd that these demos come out at the same time as Axl announces "People will hear music this year" and he starts making public appearances after being shut up and hidden for such a long time?

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2006, 11:59:14 AM »

Huh

Cease and Desist letters mean NOTHING.

Cease and desist letters mean nothing?
Since when?  I would tend to believe they are an acknowledgement by a platiff from a lawfirm sent to the defendant to stop doing something..aka a threatening letter BEFORE legal action is taken.

All I know is that whenever Guns managment has sent C&D letters and misterID remembered the latigohammers incident when one was sent to that Axl imposter, that was also a REAL C&D letter and people STILL tried to say it meant nothing and was false.

I tend to believe Jarmo would agree with me here.

Z
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2006, 12:04:26 PM »

The C&D letter is just "for show".

Think about it......Axl knows there will be leaks.  Very Axl-like to be the creator of the leaks.

The man behind the curtain.....the wizard of oz....is none other than Axl.

Ask yourself???.....why has the full version of Better not make it on the net yet??

It just gets cut in mid-beat.  Not even a demo in the making.  If it was an unfinsihed track, it still would tail off a bit.

It cuts hard leaving us wanting more.

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2006, 12:22:46 PM »

I disagree.

Axl has kept this all under wraps far too long to pull a stunt like this.

Z
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2006, 01:16:48 PM »

I disagree.

Axl has kept this all under wraps far too long to pull a stunt like this.

All the more reason to pull a stunt.  In 2002, while doing a radio interview while on tour, Axl expressed his concern about record companies not providing older bands with enough marketing and publicity to promote albums.

I doubt he wants to rely on average publicity.

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2006, 02:13:41 PM »

Rose was so eager to get inside the club that he offered the owners a little bribe - an exclusive listening party for his yet-to-be released album, "Chinese Democracy."

So, this means the CD is done?  Sounds like Axl had a prototype copy with him.

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2006, 04:08:13 PM »

Rose was so eager to get inside the club that he offered the owners a little bribe - an exclusive listening party for his yet-to-be released album, "Chinese Democracy."

So, this means the CD is done?? Sounds like Axl had a prototype copy with him.

i think so too!

if that is true, we'll get a fucking double disc which imo would be the proper thing to do, not just because of the long wait, but so that he can finish his solo stunt a little faster and then get back with the old line-up for a huge reunion without crawling back to the old guys. this way he will be the undisputed GOD no questions asked.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2006, 04:10:26 PM »

A double disc could be overload...and could have critics saying the music is "all over the place".  i'd rather see CD released now and then the 2nd album exactly a year later (with GNR head lining RIR again to announce it or something)

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: