Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:13:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227867 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Country Singer I met in Australia has a warrant out for his arrest.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Country Singer I met in Australia has a warrant out for his arrest.  (Read 1896 times)
Annie
« on: April 05, 2007, 12:34:09 PM »

I had the good fortune to go to Australia back in 1994.  It was a wonderful trip that was full of adventure. I took a poorly run adventure safari in Darwin where I was almost attacked by a crocodile. (I had wanted a Crocodile Dundee experience, so be careful what you wish for!) Anyway the person I was travling with was totally unsupportive during this incident so we had a huge fight that ended our friendship. I spent my last 2 days in Sydney solo. The last morning I was there, I was almost out of money, so I was just sitting by the Sydney harbour waiting to catch a bus back to the Sydney airport. These two guys come up to me and it turns out they were musicians in a band that was opening for Willie Nelson. The one guy was named Billie Joe Shaver and he is a singer/songwriter. I said, " I really don't like country music all that much, I am a GUNSNROSES girl, I Love Axl ROSE!" They were very nice to me, we hung out for awhile. Billy Joe told me that I was really cute and that I reminded him of his ex-wife. He even gave me some money for a cab back to the airport! I saw him in Chicago a couple of times! I always brought up my love of Axl! Even he knew who Axl was! Anyway I just read that he shot somebody in Texas and that there is a warrant out for his arrest. Now if only I could meet Axl sitting by the Sydney harbour!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 12:56:32 PM »

I always liked the joke about playing a country music record backwards and you get all your stuff back when it's over...
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 12:49:21 AM »

That's a nice story. So why is there a warrant out for his arrest? Is giving folks cab money illegal?

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
gnr1967
Rocker

One person's morality is another person's nonsense

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 01:28:25 AM »

No, but apparently shooting somebody is illegal! 

That's an interesting story!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 01:37:03 AM by gnr1967 » Logged
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 04:40:14 PM »

Now if only I could meet Axl sitting by the Sydney harbour!

so there would be a warrent out for his arrest several years after meeting him, for shooting someone in Texas?

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Annie
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 08:34:58 AM »

Now if only I could meet Axl sitting by the Sydney harbour!

so there would be a warrent out for his arrest several years after meeting him, for shooting someone in Texas?
Ofcourse not! I kind if rambled in this post. Billy Joe is an ICON in the country music world, and? I just thought that it was cool that he came up to me!? Billy Joe said  in an interview that he shot the guy in self defense, that he tried to attack him with a knife. He turned himself in, and he is now out on bail.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 08:44:31 AM by Annie » Logged
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 06:58:33 PM »

No, but apparently shooting somebody is illegal!?

That's an interesting story!

Perhaps the fella just got in the way of his bullet.

Perhaps I should read more carefully in the future.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: